• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

We need to talk about Keita..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish.

Was he better than Lallana? Yes.
Was he better than Shaq? Yes.
Was he better than Fabinho? Probably.
Was he better than Bobby? Definately.

Calm down and have a word with yourself.

Unlike you, I don't need to do that. As for your views, rubbish. Get yourself some glasses.

I actually thought that was one of his better games.

Dropped deep to pick it up, tried to play it forward or carry it forward.

Outside of Mane was the only one to carry the ball draw players in and beat them.

Not outstanding or anything but much better than what I've seen before.

He actually started to try after their goal. I thought he started to show glimpses of what he can do. It’s a shame because he should’ve been showing glimpses earlier on in the season and now should be the time he shows more consistency.

I expected a lot more from him. We all did.

Bobby gave away pass after pass after pass tonight. The Keita express just seems to be gathering a few too many passengers. Watch half way through second half when Matip advanced forward with the ball, then went to dummy a defender and got robbed. They broke and take a look at Fabinho. He looks like he's just completed a marathon and been asked to sprint another 50 yards. There were a lot of really bad performance out there tonight, only Mane and Milner of the starters played average or better. Shaq is another who seems recently to look like he feels because he got a couple of starts he now has nothing to prove. He has been extremely poor in the past few games.

This thread is a joke, people piling in on an unpopular player in order to vent their anxiety over the fact we havr blown 4 points against mid table sides in a week. Keita was shit first half but overall far from our worst player, hes a soft target for a typical over reaction

I know this is a Keita thread but seriously wtf is wrong with Firmino?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know this is a Keita thread but seriously wtf is wrong with Firmino?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

With the exception of a few games hes been well below par all season. Hasnt looked right since the world cup. We badly need an alternative because Mane is carrying the attack on his own at the moment

We should.
We should also talk about the established players being completely invisible.
It is a collective thing.

We should.
We should also talk about the established players being completely invisible.
It is a collective thing.

Yeah weve been very flat in the last couple of games, Virgil in particular seems to be less dominant, whether hes still not 100% I dont know but hes not been at his best recently.

He''s still been vastly better than Keita. People shouldn't buy into this snowflake, 'Aw, he's getting nasty things said, let's say nice things regardless...' He's like some fecking competition winner half the time. It's bewildering. Certainly at key moments in the game he manages to seem almost salaried in his stupidity.

He was way better when he changed positionally to a more withdrawn role. Suddenly his vision seemed a hell of a lot better. I really thought he’d shine for us at the tip of the triangle but he just doesn’t seem capable of that. Which unfortunately means we’re really overcrowded around 2 of the 3 midfield positions and pretty much nobody apart from Shaquiri for the more advanced role.

Let me be clear. I thought he was shite in the first half, but then the whole team was, clearly that midfield was not ideal for this match (or ever) and looked like they had never played together, however in the second half he was so much better, if you watch the game without hating on him you can see he and Fabs pulling all the strings in midfield, and he was probably the biggest threat with his dribbling and attempts to thread the ball through to our forwards.

Firmino is getting slated for his performance tonight, he got a 4 in the Echo match report. You can acknowledge other players are underperforming and the team isnt playing well or you can just keep having a go at Keita.
Indeed I thought he was by far the worst tonight. I don't get Macca having a go at the Keita flick that didn't come off on 80 mins when Firmino was doing that all night, I lost count of the times he gave it away with no-look flicks.

Dreadful player, he offers nothing, a real clunker of a signing, will end up at Fenerbache or somewhere on loan

He was shite. The reason he's getting more shit than the rest of the shite is that he's keeping better players out. Milner being a shite right back isn't his fault, matip might be a shite centre half but he's all we've got, lallana is slow and rusty but he made the goal with cool skillz. Keita is just shite. He does nothing better than any of the five other midfielders, and pretty much everything worse.

Keita is a weird case. He looked terrifyingly good back in Germany.. still haven’t lost all hope here but he does seem far from the standards he showed at Leipzig.

On a different note, Firminos performance last night was one of the most abject I’ve seen all year, from anyone..

He had a good second half tonight, but he's the least of our issues as he isn't going to be starting when everyone's fit.

He's starting now and he has shown himself to be a liability and we're dropping points. How's that the "least of our issues"? I'd say it's one of our more pressing problems. Klopp seems to be battering him into submission when we least need it.

I think he had a good second half. Took on players and got the ball through their presslevels. He didn't utilize the Space created on the flanks though, and a few times Robbo was all alone and he still choose to thread the ball through a crowded middle. But that is thing we can work on. All over a positive game from him, even though he was a bit naive in his passing first half, and he defo could have worked harder when we lost the ball.

Yeah cos Firmino, Salah, Lallana, Mane etc. never do that.

How many times have they done it and it's led to a goal, as opposed to it ending up with the opposition scoring?

They can do it because they work as a trio (mostly) and that's how they make stuff happen, you try things like that when you've afforded yourself the privilege, not when you're mostly struggling and giving the ball away, creating dangerous situations for your team. The front three have bailed us out enough times to get away with the occasional attempt at the outrageous, when a player is trying to make a mark for himself and mostly delivering underwhelming, passenger like performances, it's just about the worst way to try to endear yourself to the fans.

He needs to concentrate on getting his game to work within this team, by doing the simple things well and not causing problems with poor concentration and wayward passes, getting shrugged off the ball easily, etc. He's got it all to do.

Agree that we can't let Frim off the hook because of Keita. If he was in any sort of decent form we'd probs have still won, but he was dreadful.

Agree that we can't let Frim off the hook because of Keita. If he was in any sort of decent form we'd probs have still won, but he was dreadful.

Yeah I said in the other thread, I don't think it's unfair to say he's had a poor season - he has.

Let me be clear. I thought he was shite in the first half, but then the whole team was, clearly that midfield was not ideal for this match (or ever) and looked like they had never played together, however in the second half he was so much better, if you watch the game without hating on him you can see he and Fabs pulling all the strings in midfield, and he was probably the biggest threat with his dribbling and attempts to thread the ball through to our forwards.
Couldn't agree more. 1st half was poor from everyone but in the 2nd, especially later on, I thought Keita was one of our better players.
Some of the histrionics from apparently grown men is frankly embarrassing.

Couldn't agree more. 1st half was poor from everyone but in the 2nd, especially later on, I thought Keita was one of our better players.
Some of the histrionics from apparently grown men is frankly embarrassing.

I'll tell you what's embarrassing - it's people trying to redescribe positively a performance that we saw with our own eyes was negative. That pass inside towards the centre circle, seen by all and intercepted quickly and easily by the opposition, has become his signature move. If you want to hide behind the hype, great, but show everyone else a bit of respect by cutting out this 'histrionics' crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom