• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

We need to talk about Keita..

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's starting now and he has shown himself to be a liability and we're dropping points. How's that the "least of our issues"? I'd say it's one of our more pressing problems. Klopp seems to be battering him into submission when we least need it.

Or maybe it's because everyone's injured meaning he has to start in a disgustingly makeshift midfield. Christ this site loves an irrational witch hunt.

Another thing that pisses me off about Keita, and you seen it again last night.

The flick didn't come off. Fair enough

But if Bobby or Mane did that, they'd sprint back and get goal side.

Keita just jogged. 40 yards jogging. Never goal side.

It's not good enough.

I mean this is peak SCM, instead of talking about what the fuck has happened to our attack, why Firmino is doing his best impression of me playing football, and why Salah is still in fucking Dubai, instead of talking about the absolute hilarity of our midfield set up the last two games, or the shambles our defence has turned into, instead of talking about the complete collapse of mental fortitude throughout the squad, instead of all that, we're going all in on Naby Keita, who had a rubbish first half, good second half, wasn't even the worst player on the pitch, and who'll be back on the bench where he belongs in a fortnite. Nothing like a good scapegoat to deflect from the real issues.

Or maybe it's because everyone's injured meaning he has to start in a disgustingly makeshift midfield. Christ this site loves an irrational witch hunt.

Or you know, maybe we could stop trying to shoehorn Milner or Henderson into the right back position and play a right back from the reserves and keep the midfield shape. Rather than compromising on two positions, compromise on one and see if that works. The likes of Camacho are only realistically going to get a chance to show what they can do during an injury crisis, yet we're tipping the balance of the midfield instead to plug a hole. You can argue it's a gamble playing a kid, it's proving as much a gamble playing midfielders there because none of them have been able to perform to a good standard at right back, while the midfield is all over the shop as a result. So what's the point?

It's not an irrational witch hunt, for fucks sake, he's not playing well. No one said "we're terrible and it's all on Keita", fucking grow up.

Last edited:
I mean this is peak SCM, instead of talking about what the fuck has happened to our attack, why Firmino is doing his best impression of me playing football, and why Salah is still in fucking Dubai, instead of talking about the absolute hilarity of our midfield set up the last two games, or the shambles our defence has turned into, instead of talking about the complete collapse of mental fortitude throughout the squad, instead of all that, we're going all in on Naby Keita, who had a rubbish first half, good second half, wasn't even the worst player on the pitch, and who'll be back on the bench where he belongs in a fortnite. Nothing like a good scapegoat to deflect from the real issues.

Listen to yourself. You and others banging on about hysterics and stuff. Most of the other flaws at the moment are the result of injuries, poor selection and players who've previously performed well now underperforming. Do you not get why people aren't making scapegoats out of Salah and Mane? Firmino has just been criticised by myself, Woland and others, not that you'd acknowledge that because it deflects from this bollocks about overwhelming negativity and a Keita witchhunt. Other players have performed consistently for us before, Mane has scored goals that have bailed us out lately, that's why he gets a reprieve while Keita gets shit for jogging back all blasé after losing possession for the umpteenth time.

Or you know, maybe we could stop trying to shoehorn Milner or Henderson into the right back position and play an a right back from the reserves and keep the midfield shape. Rather than compromising on two positions, compromise on one and see if that works. The likes of Camacho are only realistically going to get a chance to show what they can do during an injury crisis, yet we're tipping the balance of the midfield instead to plug a hole. You can argue it's a gamble playing a kid, it's proving as much a gamble playing midfielders there because none of them have been able to perform to a good standard at right back, so what's the point?

It's not an irrational witch hunt, for fucks sake, he's not playing well. No one said "we're terrible and it's all on Keita", fucking grow up.
Oh fuck off, the existence of this thread, and walking through the match thread the last two games is half of this forum doing exactly that, and don't pretend you aren't jumping right on that train.

I complete agree we should have played Camacho though, a midfield containing Keita / Lallana or Shaqiri is never going to be physical enough for this league, hindsight is wonderful, but Henderson or Milner in midfield instead of one of the mentioned about, and the whole team looks much more balanced and we'd play much better.

I mean this is peak SCM,.

No, 'peak SCM' is focusing on one thread you don't like and pretending that it's the only thread in the forum, and that all the other threads about the other 'real issues' are invisible. You can have a thread on one issue and have other threads on other issues, you know. It's never an either/or.

Listen to yourself. You and others banging on about hysterics and stuff. Most of the other flaws at the moment are the result of injuries, poor selection and players who've previously performed well now underperforming. Do you not get why people aren't making scapegoats out of Salah and Mane? Firmino has just been criticised by myself, Woland and others, not that you'd acknowledge that because it deflects from this bollocks about overwhelming negativity. Other players have performed consistently for us before, Mane has scored goals that have bailed us out lately, that's why he gets a reprieve while Keita gets shit for jogging back all blasé after losing possession for the umpteenth time.
Do you not think the performances of our starting players is much more of a concern than the performances of a player who won't be starting in a fortnite? Also, I'm not sure why I wouldn't acknowledge that seems as I'm saying the same thing, the difference is that there isn't a thread about Firmino longer than the post match thread, and every other post in the match thread wasn't someone having a go at Firmino, rightly, or wrongly.

No, 'peak SCM' is focusing on one thread you don't like and pretending that it's the only thread in the forum, and that all the other threads about the other 'real issues' are invisible. You can have a thread on one issue and have other threads on other issues, you know. It's never an either/or.
This thread was created seconds after the match, and is longer than the post match thread, the agenda has clearly been set.

This thread was created seconds after the match, and is longer than the post match thread, the agenda has clearly been set.

No one sets an agenda. Stop sounding like some drip crying over Britney Spears. When Keita finally plays well, we'll all be celebrating. If he plays crap, we'll be complaining. That's how it works. Keita can set his own agenda by playing better.

Oh fuck off, the existence of this thread, and walking through the match thread the last two games is half of this forum doing exactly that, and don't pretend you aren't jumping right on that train.

I complete agree we should have played Camacho though, a midfield containing Keita / Lallana or Shaqiri is never going to be physical enough for this league, hindsight is wonderful, but Henderson or Milner in midfield instead of one of the mentioned about, and the whole team looks much more balanced and we'd play much better.

Hindsight?

Loads of people said Keita and Shaqiri both starting was asking for trouble last week, and Keita and Lallana last night was just as bad, if not worse.

We paid £60m for Keita and waited an entire year for him to arrive, and I don't think it's unfair to voice the correct opinion that, so far, he's been fucking shit and a massive disappointment.

We've got a 50m pound player, coming in to the squad after an indifferent start, at a time where we need to not drop points

We're not creating good chances and we look bereft of ideas

Of course keita is going to be the fall guy when he's supposed to be a creative outlet

No one sets an agenda. [hl]Stop sounding like some drip crying over Britney Spears.[/hl] When Keita finally plays well, we'll all be celebrating. If he plays crap, we'll be complaining. That's how it works. Keita can set his own agenda by playing better.

Behave Macca, I'm just not foaming at the mouth to stick the dagger in, thats all.

Behave Macca, I'm just not foaming at the mouth to stick the dagger in, thats all.

giphy.gif

Hindsight?

Loads of people said Keita and Shaqiri both starting was asking for trouble last week, and Keita and Lallana last night was just as bad, if not worse.

We paid £60m for Keita and waited an entire year for him to arrive, and I don't think it's unfair to voice the correct opinion that, so far, he's been fucking shit and a massive disappointment.

Hindsight was more me being kind to Klopp as he was put in an awkward situation by injuries. I pretty much agree with everything you typed there, except I would argue he hasn't been fucking shit, he's not a Baloteli or a Poulsen, he's just been massively underwhelming given the expectation and price, my objection isn't people bringing that up, it's the witch hunt and exegeration of the situation.

I created it during the match. You clearly didn't read the whole thread.

You say he had a good second half? I didn't see that. I saw him being 'less poor'.

Camacho? Fucking hell. How about.. play Fabinho at RB and Milner in midfield? You know.. natural positions?

I've defended Keita before. I said he needed time... time is up for me. Verdict is in. He's not good enough.

Anyway, I said we need to talk about Keita. You have a view, which I respect, but more people are forming the same view. Entrench yourself all you want.

it's the witch hunt and exegeration of the situation.

You're quite happy to exaggerate those positions with which you disagree. That's another classic SCM trope: whilst preening yourself for your objectivity and virtue, demonising everyone else for falling so far short of your lofty standards. Instead of, you know, winding your neck in and just agreeing to disagree.

He does something boss one minute, then something completely idiotic the next.

You can clearly see he has bags of talent, fingers crossed he finds his feet soon.

I hope he finds his fucking brain first, although he might need to borrow an electron microscope.

Or you know, maybe we could stop trying to shoehorn Milner or Henderson into the right back position and play a right back from the reserves and keep the midfield shape. Rather than compromising on two positions, compromise on one and see if that works. The likes of Camacho are only realistically going to get a chance to show what they can do during an injury crisis, yet we're tipping the balance of the midfield instead to plug a hole. You can argue it's a gamble playing a kid, it's proving as much a gamble playing midfielders there because none of them have been able to perform to a good standard at right back, while the midfield is all over the shop as a result. So what's the point?

That's a good point about players being in positions they're not comfortable with and Milner looks all at sea at right back. Apart from Trent they're aren't many young players getting much of a go in the league as Klopp tends to play them all in the league and Fa cup as he isn't arsed about them. Sometimes is might be better playing a kid in his natural position rather than a midfielder in defence who's all over the place positionally. Milner in place of Keita or Lallana would have given the midfield much better balance last night and a young lad at right back couldn't have done much worse than MIlner defensively really.

Hes muck. We made a mistake. He shouldnt be playing.

I'd start him against Bournemouth and not just out of injury based necessity, he needs games and I'd like to see if he can build on his last two matches. Provided he starts beside two of our preferred centre midfielders.

I'd also bin Milner at right back.

He took a year off and can't get his shit together again. See Torres and Sanchez for other cases of this terrible disease. Thoughts and prayers.

You're quite happy to exaggerate those positions with which you disagree. That's another classic SCM trope: whilst preening yourself for your objectivity and virtue, demonising everyone else for falling so far short of your lofty standards. Instead of, you know, winding your neck in and just agreeing to disagree.

Ha, no, if people are gonna post such hyperbolic shite like the posts below (and that's just from this thread) , I'm gonna contest them, there's no exegeration. I'm glad you appreciate my high level of objectivity, though.

He's fucking terrible. Did we get a body double or something?

Really? He's been fucking sloppy as hell.

At fault for the goal
Jogs back after losing the ball
Played Rice onside when it could and should have been 2-1.

Can't pass
Can't dribble
Can't shoot
Can't play a through ball.

Strip him of the number 8 shirt for a start.

He was diabolical in the first half, especially some of his shithousery jogging around not giving a fuck. Then when he did eventually pick up a bit, he looked like a stupid school kid that just wanted to beat 6 players but gave the ball away every time. Add in some sideways and backwards passes for good measure.

Dreadful player, he offers nothing, a real clunker of a signing, will end up at Fenerbache or somewhere on loan

He has been in the team largely when we have been disjointed and without rhythm. There are a few things here 1) you could argue that part of his role is to drive and create rhythm and 2) you could argue that it is hard for anyone to perform well when we are playing with our heads down.

Either way - he is struggling and Klopp has tried to show faith in him to inspire his confidence (rather than saying 'i don't trust you sit on the bench') and it hasn't paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom