• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wednesday 23, Jan, 2013, Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one? Does anyone ever notice that Barton can never fit all he has to say in 1 tweet.

If you're on about the one saying that Hazard didn't kick him hard enough, yeah it's out of order. But there again so are a lot of tweets and nothing he says surprised me anymore. I've definitely seen him say a lot worse.

Got an assist for Benzema's goal and was just all round awesome. He's still got at least 5 years in him, I reckon.

Stevie knew what he was talking about when he said that our youth project needed to be balanced by experienced senior players.

Interesting. This is from the BBC website and is Dermot Gallagher's view

The ref's view

Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher told BBC Radio 5 live: "There was a precedent when Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher was sent off for throwing a coin into the crowd against Arsenal at Highbury in 2002.
"Referee Chris Foy was absolutely correct to send off Eden Hazard, it is violent conduct. He has quite rightly sent him off. He will report it as an act of violent conduct to the FA."

Ok, I know I'm being a touch picky here, and yes I know he'd already been sent off, but surely the precedent was set by Eric Cantona attacking a fan.

Please don't rush to tell me I'm being a conspiratorial bellend!

Interesting. This is from the BBC website and is Dermot Gallagher's view

The ref's view

Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher told BBC Radio 5 live: "There was a precedent when Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher was sent off for throwing a coin into the crowd against Arsenal at Highbury in 2002.
"Referee Chris Foy was absolutely correct to send off Eden Hazard, it is violent conduct. He has quite rightly sent him off. He will report it as an act of violent conduct to the FA."

Ok, I know I'm being a touch picky here, and yes I know he'd already been sent off, but surely the precedent was set by Eric Cantona attacking a fan.

Please don't rush to tell me I'm being a conspiratorial bellend!

Wasn't Cantona sent off before that incident? I could be wrong, but I thought he was, and then kicked the fan as he was walking off.

Exactly. Cantona had already been sent off, making the two situations incomparable.

however, what can be compared is the punishments. It will be very interesting to see what punishment Hazard gets. Personally, I don't think what he did was anywhere near as bad as what Cantona did. But is it black and white? An attack on a member of the public? We'll have to wait and see.

Is that gif the only angle of it? Because it looks like he doesn't even touch him. The red he received is enough for me. He'll probably get more, though.

Exactly. Cantona had already been sent off, making the two situations incomparable.

however, what can be compared is the punishments. It will be very interesting to see what punishment Hazard gets. Personally, I don't think what he did was anywhere near as bad as what Cantona did. But is it black and white? An attack on a member of the public? We'll have to wait and see.

An attack on the public?? No way!

The ball boy is:
17 years old,
The director's son
The self proclaimed "best time waster" and boasted pre-game he would do it
The police have taken no further action
The ball boy was deliberately time wasting and then milked that he was injured.

This incident says more from me about the standards of Swansea City Football Club and frankly given some of the tangible evidence above, then they should be apologising for the cheating, unsporting and downright wrong antics from an employee of their club.

Is that gif the only angle of it? Because it looks like he doesn't even touch him. The red he received is enough for me. He'll probably get more, though.
No there's one from another angle which shows he did kick him. The ball just happened to roll out as he did so.

An attack on the public?? No way!

The ball boy is:
17 years old,
The director's son
The self proclaimed "best time waster" and boasted pre-game he would do it
The police have taken no further action
The ball boy was deliberately time wasting and then milked that he was injured.

This incident says more from me about the standards of Swansea City Football Club and frankly given some of the tangible evidence above, then they should be apologising for the cheating, unsporting and downright wrong antics from an employee of their club.
Does that make the ball boy worse than Matthew Simmons then?

Does that make the ball boy worse than Matthew Simmons then?

I don't believe so.

IMO, Hazard should be suspended for the normal amount of time that the red card would normally carry. Swansea City should receive a formal reminder of the duties of their ball boys and all other clubs that use ball boys should be reminded too.

Its not worth much, but if the little prick had done that to me, I'd have done the same thing as Hazard. His intention was set out prior to the game on his twitter account. That shows that he intended to behave in an unsporting way to achieve an advantage for his team.

Hazard is being unfairly vilified by some sections today and I don't agree with it. And yes, clearly it doesn't matter too much because, Chelsea went out and it is Chelsea but if that were Luis Suarez....

I don't believe so.

IMO, Hazard should be suspended for the normal amount of time that the red card would normally carry. Swansea City should receive a formal reminder of the duties of their ball boys and all other clubs that use ball boys should be reminded too.

Its not worth much, but if the little prick had done that to me, I'd have done the same thing as Hazard. His intention was set out prior to the game on his twitter account. That shows that he intended to behave in an unsporting way to achieve an advantage for his team.

Hazard is being unfairly vilified by some sections today and I don't agree with it. And yes, clearly it doesn't matter too much because, Chelsea went out and it is Chelsea but if that were Luis Suarez....
I totally agree that Swansea should be reprimanded accordingly. He is a little prick. I know it's Chelsea we're talking about but what he did was a bad act. But I think when a player kicks someone else, not on the field of play and especially when they're on the ground they should get a bigger punishment.

This ballboy seems to be a dispicable piece of shit. Being completely honest, most of us would have done exactly the same as Hazard. If not worse.

ugu8e9as.jpg

He poked the ball away from under the lad. What a load of shite, the whole thing is.

I agree Herr Doctor.
Crock of ott shite.
Chip papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom