• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weekend April 14- 15 other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well, at 1-0 I stuck a fiver on Southampton for the next goal. Shame that after they got one they then capitulated to that shower of shite.

It's still in our hands, we win today and that's 10 points they won't overcome.

Southampton are going down, aren't they? One last chance for us to pick at their carcass.

Not sure if this is good in that we may get some of their players at a discount this time - or if it's bad because they'll no longer be bringing through top Premier League quality players for us.

Southampton are going down, aren't they? One last chance for us to pick at their carcass.

Not sure if this is good in that we may get some of their players at a discount this time - or if it's bad because they'll no longer be bringing through top Premier League quality players for us.
Holding on to Vvd to prove a point instead of using the money to reinforce the squad + getting rid of Puel... :redcard:

Yup I was hoping Southampton would do us a favour but guess I'll settle for them being relegated...

Just wondering...

If we win the CL, will the 5th placed team get into the CL?

If we win the CL and Arsenal win the Europa, will the 5th placed team get into the CL?

Just wondering...

If we win the CL, will the 5th placed team get into the CL?

If we win the CL and Arsenal win the Europa, will the 5th placed team get into the CL?
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2444525.html#/
[article]Group stage
There will now be 26 teams automatically qualified as per the access list drawn up from the UEFA association coefficients at the end of 2016/17.
For 2018/19 they will be ...
  • UEFA Champions League holders (1)
  • UEFA Europa League holders (1)
  • Top four from associations ranked 1st to 4th: Spain, Germany, England, Italy (16)
  • Top two from associations ranked 5th and 6th: France, Russia (4)
  • Champions of associations ranked 7th to 10th: Portugal, Ukraine, Belgium, Turkey (4)
If the UEFA Champions League holders have qualified for the group stage via their domestic championship, the vacancy will be filled by the champions of the association ranked 11th (Czech Republic), who otherwise compete in the champions path

If the UEFA Europa League holders have qualified for the group stage via their domestic championship, the vacancy will be filled by the third-placed club from the association ranked fifth (France), who otherwise compete in the league path

If the UEFA Champions League winners and UEFA Europa League winners are from the same nation and both finish outside the top four of one of the four associations that gain four automatic group berths (for 2018/19 Spain, Germany, England and Italy), the team finishing fourth in that domestic league will instead go into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

An association may have a maximum of five teams in the group stage
[/article]

I think the answer is no (goes to Czech Republic league champion) and no (even though Arsenal did not qualify via the league, they will be the 5th team from England).

As of halftime today:
7e70aaed-bdb0-4b19-b0f5-7589305d3a6d.png

Last edited:

7 pts clear off Southampton after playing a game more. That's Ince's transfer fee paid for.

Last edited:

Celebrated his 50th league appearance with 2 assists today. (Kevin Volland grabbed a hattrick)

I'd rather they stayed up, I like them as a team and a club, I can't stand that Home & Away twat Matt Le Tissier, so it'll be ace to see him fucking blaming us all over Twitter, but I'd much rather Palace went down.

I'm inclined to agree with you. They've generally done things the "right" way and play decent football. I'd like them to stay up over Woy but not sure I see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom