• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Weekend Football Bet

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to add stoke into whatever bet I'm doing. I don't even care if they're 1/10 or something equally shit, they're absolute certainties to beat Wigan given the week they've had. The Wigan are playing these days won't suit going to the Britannia. Stoke will monster them.

Really tough to find any value this weekend so 2 very small bets and I won't be doing a "Martingale" bet as there is nothing I feel too strongly about..............

Laying Reading win at home to Scunny, I like the Hooper/Hayes partnership up front for Scunny and also the Togwell/McCann central midfield partnership is solid with a fair degree of creativity.Reading are nomore than average. 6/4 for Scunny or the draw is good value.

Darlington 13/2 away to Torquay.This is a joke, Darlo are atrocious but Torquay are really not much better and although I expect Torquay will probably win the right price for Darlo should be 7/2ish.

[quote author=Niall K link=topic=37606.msg1011701#msg1011701 date=1260531681]
Right time to get back on track.

Sunderland 8/11
Valencia 6/4
Leicester 7/10
Getafe 3/4
[/quote]

Bloody hell. I was all over Leicester but got 1.92! The other one was Morecambe. Made a tidy profit on Sat and managed to stay that way by not backing us.

I had:
Everton-Chelsea draw TICK
Cardiff win TICK
Forest win TICK
Huddersfield win TICK
And Stoke.

Fuck you Pulis, you horrible hat-headed cunt. You and your bag of hoofing jebends cost me $515.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

[quote author=Dancing Brave link=topic=37606.msg1012395#msg1012395 date=1260629982]
Really tough to find any value this weekend so 2 very small bets and I won't be doing a "Martingale" bet as there is nothing I feel too strongly about..............

Laying Reading win at home to Scunny, I like the Hooper/Hayes partnership up front for Scunny and also the Togwell/McCann central midfield partnership is solid with a fair degree of creativity.Reading are nomore than average. 6/4 for Scunny or the draw is good value.

Darlington 13/2 away to Torquay.This is a joke, Darlo are atrocious but Torquay are really not much better and although I expect Torquay will probably win the right price for Darlo should be 7/2ish.

[/quote]

hahaha, I think I underestimated just how bad Darlington are, to lose 5-0 to a very limited Torquay team takes some doing. Still, it ended up a reasonably profitable weekend as my bet on Scunny made considerably more than I lost on Darlington and I also backed Villa to be winning at half time and full time at 18/1 albeit with a very small stake.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=37606.msg1013474#msg1013474 date=1260743813]
I had:
Cardiff win TICK
Forest win TICK
Huddersfield win TICK
And Stoke.

Fuck you Pulis, you horrible hat-headed cunt. You and your bag of hoofing jebends cost me $515.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
[/quote]

You should never go over 3 or 4 maximum in any bet.

And at least I'm making alot of money on Liverpool's shit form.

Wigan to get a draw tonight I think.

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=37606.msg1014971#msg1014971 date=1260936945]
I had:
Cardiff win TICK
Forest win TICK
Huddersfield win TICK
And Stoke.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Say's who?

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=37606.msg1014971#msg1014971 date=1260936945]
I had:
Cardiff win TICK
Forest win TICK
Huddersfield win TICK
And Stoke.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
[/quote]

[/quote]

The oft repeated (and wrong) advice is that you should never do multiples i.e. Doubles or above, the reasoning being that the bookies build a profit margin into their prices so if a team's realistic price is 5/1 the bookies will have them at 9/2 and if you do a double in these circumstances you are multiplying the bookies margin. The reason it is perfectly acceptable to do multiples bets is if you are a shrewd punter and can spot good value prices (the bookies aren't always right) then you can bet multiples safe in the knowledge you're getting a decent return (not sure I've explained this particularly well because I'm rushing).

Case in point tonight the bookies and everyone else (betfair) have Morecambe at about Evens away at Grimsby (in fairness they have won 7 in a row) but IMO (and I do make a decent profit every season) Morecambe should not be lower than 2.35 about 11/8 and so if I was looking to do a multiple I would certainly stick Grimsby in at about 3/1.

*Just noticed actually that the price has changed a bit since I placed my bet earlier and Grimsby are now 2.2 (6/5) which is nearer the right price.

I've taken a chance tonight in betting without seeing the confirmed team news but I will be out later and therefore betting on "instinct".

Right, back in the game.

Us and Stoke - Draw.
Everton and Citeh - Draw
Sheff Utd - Home win

$20 bet paying $470.

Good work Saint George.

I'm off to the gym after work and then home sharpish for Manchester derby match. I will leave myself 5 minutes for research into Stockport v Swindon game.

As things stand Stockport are 4/1 to win at home! Admittedly they have lost 11 in a row! However, the rumour is (unconfirmed as yet) that they will have 5 new players tonight and if the names I've heard are true then it will significantly strengthen them. Danny Swailes a no-nonsense CB who is easily good enough for this division, David perkins who is a very combative CM and will hold his own at this level, Jemal Johnson who is a hot-and-cold forward with great pace and 2 others players whose names have escaped me at present but both decent.

Added to this is the fact that the pitch is apparently in awful condition after the snow melted and is not conducive to skillful football and Swindon do like to try and play a bit so it won't suit their style.

One last snippet is that Swindon's top scorer Austin is carrying a knock a might not be risked tonight.

Basically, Stockport are awful but might be stronger tonight on a dodgy pitch and IMO should only be 5/2 and not 4/1.

If the team news is okay when I check at 7:40 (kick off 7:45) I will lay Swindon at 1.83 (actually I already layed some at 1.74 when I first heard about the new signings ).

Good news is that Stockport look much stronget than usualand with Ibere and Johnson up front and ex-Liverpool winger Partridge wide as well as Swailes and Perkins they look good (although obviously there might be a lack of cohesion)

Bad news is Swindon are at full strength, Austin plays.

Still laying Swindon though they should be Evens not odds-on.

Also laying Brentford win.

Bleedin' hell, I usually spot one or two decent bets at most but 3 already tonight in a limited fixture list. Laying Rochdale winning at Aldershot, they look weaker than usual.

Swindon win eh?

I had a small bet on the O's, Swindon and Rochdale, with the latter letting me down. Aldershot equalised with 3 minutes to go. Get fucked.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=37606.msg1038442#msg1038442 date=1263958429]
Swindon win eh?

I had a small bet on the O's, Swindon and Rochdale, with the latter letting me down. Aldershot equalised with 3 minutes to go. Get fucked.
[/quote]

Well I did say Swindon should be Evens so I realised there was a 50/50 chance they would win although all the reports suggest that Swindon were fortunate to win.

I think Stockport can be backed now at decent odds in an upcoming game as clearly these 5 new players will improve them.

My other two bets won including my "nap" Doncaster which was my "Martingale" bet. A small profit on the night.

I've layed Carlisle as Stockport will improve with their new players, layed Millwall because Oldham have chosen a better line-up than in previous weeks and bet on MK Dons beating Tranmere as MK have a very strong team out and Tranmere are a very limited outfit.

Nothing leaps out at me as huge value, I will consider laying Millwall winning at Brighton and Swindon winning at Southend depending on team news and price fluctuations between now and tomorrow.

Might also lay Leicester winning at home to Newcastle and possibly a small investment (sadly) on Bolton winning at Anfield if the price goes much above 8/1. If Lucas starts and Weiss ( a kid I rate highly) starts for Bolton then this bet becomes even more likely.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=37606.msg1046006#msg1046006 date=1264855528]
Weiss is gonna be a fucking star isn't he?
[/quote]

I've only seen him 3 times but he has shone on each occasion and I was amazed City never gave him more of a chance. I reckon he'll be a big hit at Bolton.

I've layed Millwall and Blackpool winning. More to do with the strength of their opposition than any obvious weaknesses in their teams - Coventry and Brighton both have IMO their strongest line-ups of the season so far.

Also done a small lay of Everton winning at Wigan, I think 6/5 is a ridiculous price.

I did everton 11/8, draw 90mins in egypt ghana 21/10, utd 9/5 and draw in Seville Valencia 21/10.

4 x € trebles and €5 Acc. Hoping for a bit much I know but I lacked the balls to put a ton on Everton today who I really fancied.

Egypt really should on form and talent beat Ghana but I just see them scraping a nil all or one all after scoring from a set piece. Just really think Utd have Arsenal tomorrow after one of their best performances of the season on Wednesday. And I'm going to Seville Valencia and was looking for a 4th match anyway to throw in and couldn't make my mind up on it so opted for a draw!

[quote author=Vanbasten84 link=topic=37606.msg1049848#msg1049848 date=1265454750]
West Ham 19/10 away to Burnley and Brum 5/6 home to Wolves
[/quote]

I backed west ham and villa and shall be backing brum tomorrow

Did 3 draws:
Us and Everton
Villa / Spurs
Ipswich / Boro.

$1150 return.

Thanks Dirk.

I had a fiver e.w on Monkerhostin (I love this horse) on Saturday @ 20/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom