• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Weekend Football Bet

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im waitin on Arsenal, £10 treble with Bolton and Coventry.

Cunts gonna let me down.

[quote author=amber cabs link=topic=37606.msg1061149#msg1061149 date=1267291269]
Did Arsenal HT/FT 7/4
[/quote]

Damn greed

[quote author=Piedro link=topic=37606.msg1061176#msg1061176 date=1267296691]
Im waitin on Arsenal, £10 treble with Bolton and Coventry.

Cunts gonna let me down.
[/quote]

Nice one pete

backed everton cause 10/3 is too big imo and backed darren bent to score in 90mins with powers at 17/10 which is also too big I think, general price is 5/4 and some go as low as evens

[quote author=vantage link=topic=37606.msg1061263#msg1061263 date=1267305940]
For Sunday, €10 on under 3.5 Goals Udinese v Inter on Betfair.
[/quote]
Grrrr.

[quote author=amber cabs link=topic=37606.msg1061424#msg1061424 date=1267359526]
backed everton cause 10/3 is too big imo and backed darren bent to score in 90mins with powers at 17/10 which is also too big I think, general price is 5/4 and some go as low as evens
[/quote]

I backed Everton & Man Utd in £10 double with the winnings off the Arsenal bet.

Never mind.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=37606.msg1059867#msg1059867 date=1267103515]
I'm all over Southampton to beat Walsall at the weekend and have backed them heavily at 1.69 on Betfair IMO they should be (and will probably be) 1.50-1.54 by kick off. If they get down to that price I might lay some of my money off to lessen my liability but I won't take a full profit because I fully expect Saints to prevail*.

* Providing the names Lambert, Puncheon, Hammond, Fonte, Lallana and Barnard all start the game. These are Southampton's best players and all should start.

[/quote]

It was my biggest bet since Xmas because I was convinced of the gulf in class. Of the other 2 bets, the money lost on Norwich was recovered by the win on Barnet's game.

Cheers Ryan, I'm still looking for something amongst tonight's fixtures but I'm not touching the International friendlies as they are way too difficult to predict.

I might lay Torquay but as usual that will depend on the line-ups which I'll check when I get back from the gym.

Nothing I fancy strongly enough to add to my Martingale bet but i layed a small amount against Torquay winning tonight and strangely I have layed Rochdale (again small stakes) at home to Rotherham. I say strangely because I saw Rotherham play 2 weeks ago and they were awful but all their problems stemmed from central midfield and I like the new kid (central mid) they've just got in on loan from Middlesbro (Josh Walker).

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=37606.msg1062331#msg1062331 date=1267448120]
I'm all over Southampton to beat Walsall at the weekend and have backed them heavily at 1.69 on Betfair IMO they should be (and will probably be) 1.50-1.54 by kick off. If they get down to that price I might lay some of my money off to lessen my liability but I won't take a full profit because I fully expect Saints to prevail*.

* Providing the names Lambert, Puncheon, Hammond, Fonte, Lallana and Barnard all start the game. These are Southampton's best players and all should start.

[/quote]
Didn't most of the names above score as well?
It was my biggest bet since Xmas because I was convinced of the gulf in class. Of the other 2 bets, the money lost on Norwich was recovered by the win on Barnet's game.

[/quote]

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=37606.msg1063092#msg1063092 date=1267559458]
[quote author=Pesam link=topic=37606.msg1062331#msg1062331 date=1267448120]

[/quote]
Didn't most of the names above score as well?

[/quote]
[/quote]

I think they all scored apart from Fonte who's a centre back (and way too good for this division, he's better than some EPL CB's including Knight, Senderos and the Caldwells). I think most of them scored again last night in their demolition of Huddersfield. I've won 3 succesive bets on the Saints so obviously I looked at backing them last night but chickened out because the price was quite short against an in-form team.

I was way out with my lay of Rochdale although the reporter at the game suggested Rotherham were the better team in the first half and were caught out by 2 very fortuitous goals at which point they obviously threw in the towel. Point of interest out of the game is that Ian Sharps Rotherham's captain and best defender went off injured at 2-0 and if he misses their game at the weekend I will consider laying them at home to Bradford.

Over all I made a £43 profit which will do considering i didn't have any strong feelings about any particular team last night.

Soccer / Rochdale v Rotherham : Match Odds 02-Mar-10 19:45 02-Mar-10 21:42 -18.60
Soccer / Torquay v Dag and Red : Match Odds 02-Mar-10 19:45 02-Mar-10 21:41 61.81

Im having a cheeky fiver on Egypt tonight (8/1).

Englands back 4 is decimated since they last played together 3 months ago. No Johnson, Cole, Ferdinand, and Terry's head up his arse. Egypt are no mugs too.

Just a bit of interest for the game anyway.

The one I'm keeping an eye on this weekend is Grimsby v Shrewsbury. Grimsby haven't won any of their last 25 matches - I'm backing Grimsby!!

Well I might. The fact is Grimsby have strengthened considerably over the last 6 matches and despite the fact their results have improved they still can't force a win.

30-Jan-10 A Aldershot Town D 1-1 (1-0) Grant(og) 6 3,195
28 06-Feb-10 H Notts County L 0-1 (0-0) 4,452
29 13-Feb-10 A Bradford City D 0-0 (0-0) 11,321
30 17-Feb-10 A Notts County D 1-1 (1-1) Devitt 45 5,163
31 20-Feb-10 H Lincoln City D 2-2 (1-1) Peacock 38, 46 6,395
32 23-Feb-10 H Macclesfield Town D 1-1 (1-0) Devitt 42 4,813
33 27-Feb-10 A Dagenham & Redbridge L 0-2 (0-0) 2,190

Drawing away at 3 of the toughest away games Aldershot, Notts Co and Bradford and they were unfortunate not to beat Macclesfield and very unfortunate not to beat Lincoln.

I'm not saying they've suddenly become a very good team but with Sweeney and Sinclair in midfield, Atkinson at the back and Peacock up front, oh and DeVitt (midfielder) as well they look a lot closer to ending their barren run than they did in January and I find it hard to believe that Shrewsbury are 6/5 to win, IMO they should be minimum 6/4 so I've layed that price in lieu of all the aforementioned players starting (I will lay if off if many of them are missing).

All very valid points about Grimsby mate. Definite improvement in the last few weeks. Backed them in the Lincoln and Macc games. Just one other player to add to your list. Olly Lancashire got a knock in the 88th min of the last game and would be a big blow if missing. Playing better than Atkinson at the moment according some fans on their forum but has a chance of making the game as he trained a bit yesterday.

Even having said that I couldnt get the price near to 6/5 Shrews and had it 8/5. Hope it moves for you.

[quote author=FOAR link=topic=37606.msg1064612#msg1064612 date=1267808604]
All very valid points about Grimsby mate. Definite improvement in the last few weeks. Backed them in the Lincoln and Macc games. Just one other player to add to your list. Olly Lancashire got a knock in the 88th min of the last game and would be a big blow if missing. Playing better than Atkinson at the moment according some fans on their forum but has a chance of making the game as he trained a bit yesterday.

Even having said that I couldnt get the price near to 6/5 Shrews and had it 8/5. Hope it moves for you.
[/quote]

Cheers FOAR, I got about 5/4 because I layed big at 2.28 and layed some back at 2.34 so averaging about 2.20. Fingers crossed.

Grimsby again being underrated tonight away to Crewe. On Betfair Crewe ar 10/11 (1.89) but should be no better than 6/5 chances (2.20) so I am laying Crewe. I expect the price to change nearer kick-off giving me the opportunity to improve my price..................

If I lay Crewe heavily at 1.89 and then back them will half of that amount at 2.12 (if I can get that price later) then I will end up with a price about 1.80 which is tremendous value.

I would rather Calvin Zola doesn't return for Crewe tonight but even if he does I fancy Grimsby to get something from this game.

I was gonna back Grimsby mate on your say so, plus I believe Crewe have a poor home record.

7/2 for the win. Might have a nice little tenner on it.

[quote author=Piedro link=topic=37606.msg1066585#msg1066585 date=1268142947]
I was gonna back Grimsby mate on your say so, plus I believe Crewe have a poor home record.

7/2 for the win. Might have a nice little tenner on it.
[/quote]

They've certainly got more to play for tonight Pete. They are now only 4 points from getting out of the drop zone whereas Crewe are about 12 points from a playoff place and a similar distance from the drop zone, in other words safe but with no chance of promotion.

7/2 is a cracking price although I'll stick to my preferred method of laying the home team.

I wouldnt expect Crewe to get anywhere near 6/5 mate. Even though Grimsby have improved the market should see more than that between them. Calvin won't make it, came back to training and got a new ankle injury. Made it evens myself so expect a small drift.

Backing unders in that game, 6/5 effectively makes the goals worth 2.9 and looking at the recent averages i can't have it worth more than 2.6 (10/11).

1-0 grimsby to suit everyone!

May do some others on team news....

[quote author=FOAR link=topic=37606.msg1066726#msg1066726 date=1268162232]
no Lancashire for Grimsby and MMK back for Crewe. Don't think the price is gonna shift now.
[/quote]

It shifted marginally in that I layed at 1.89 and backed at 1.91 (high stakes) but in the whole scheme of things it hasn't given me that much better a price.

I've only seen Lancashire once so can't judge him but I do like Atkinson and think he can play a couple of divisions higher.

I've also got a small lay of Acrrington tonight as I like the look of the Macc team.

Edit:I've just noticed that the useless Matt Lawrence is playing for Palace tonight which guarantees Maynard & Iwelumo a hatful of goals so have layed Palace.

[quote author=FOAR link=topic=37606.msg1066723#msg1066723 date=1268161256]
I wouldnt expect Crewe to get anywhere near 6/5 mate. Even though Grimsby have improved the market should see more than that between them. Calvin won't make it, came back to training and got a new ankle injury. Made it evens myself so expect a small drift.

Backing unders in that game, 6/5 effectively makes the goals worth 2.9 and looking at the recent averages i can't have it worth more than 2.6 (10/11).

1-0 grimsby to suit everyone!

May do some others on team news....
[/quote]

Nice one, Unders, couldnt have been much more wrong. Fishy keep pegging them back though.

I won on the lays of Accrington and Palace which means a small profit despite Grimsby's defeat. It's unfortunate that Palace v Bristol City was a later kick off because I reckon I'd have done that match as my martingale bet had I known that Matt Lawrence was starting for Palace, he's the Lucas Leiva of centre backs (sometimes right back) in that division.

Grimbo let me down, I had them in a £5 treble with Sunderland and MK Dons.

Never mind! Cheltenham next wk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom