• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Weekend Football Bet

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

The Prophet
Right, I do a bet on the football every weekend as I'm sure plenty of others do, but I never post in here.

How about using this thread to post/discuss/argue about the weekend's selection?

I do a bet most weekends. I'll take a look and post my selection.
Vanbasten and Amber cabs will surely be in with their big bet on pompey again.

Pesam is barred if he back's against us again. Ha.

I like this thread idea.
I don't bet currently, but I am surrounded by people in work and at home who like a flutter on the weekend. I'll follow this thread's progress with interest.

Consider me subscribed.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=37606.msg1004279#msg1004279 date=1259754025]

[/quote]

Money is money ILD, I made a mint backing against Ireland when we got stuffed 5-2 by Cyprus a few years ago. I would much rather have lost the bet but the profit was a silver lining. I will NOT be backing against LFC this weekend and will post my bets on Friday.

I like Chesterfield tonight.

have already backed, Acc Stanley, Rochdale, Rotherham, Bradford and Cheltenham for the weekend.

Whenever i post my selections lose.

[quote author=FOAR link=topic=37606.msg1004608#msg1004608 date=1259786413]
that may be my last post. HT and chesterfield have had 2 pens, had them both saved and are 2-0 down.
[/quote]

I had them in a treble with Valencia and City. The useless fuckers

Alright, my current thinking for this weekend is...

Chelsea
Perth Glory
Swansea
Sheffield Wed

[quote author=Niall K link=topic=37606.msg1005721#msg1005721 date=1259920043]
Im gonna go with

Cardiff ( 4/5 )
Newcastle (4/7)
Barcelona (8/13)
Wigan (11/10)

Pays 8/1 or so.
[/quote]

Was thinking of Wigan, but Birmingham are a decent side, and have had some good results away from home. A fixture to avoid methinks.

[/quote]

Strangely enough ill be putting Portsmouth(10/11) up again this week ha i also think Crystal Palace are a bet at 10/11 at home to Doncaster

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=37606.msg1005513#msg1005513 date=1259881993]

Chelsea
Perth Glory
Swansea
Sheffield Wed
[/quote]

I'm always reluctant to put people off bets Ryan and I could very easily be wrong but, Swansea's 2 mose reliable defenders Monk and Tate are both out. Monk has missed the last few games but now Tate is suspended - I'm toying with a bet on Peterbro.

I never place a bet before 2:30pm on saturday because i always check the confirmed teams on www.sportinglife.com before kick off. Because i watch so much lower league football I know (or at least think I know) which players are pivotal to a teams chances and wait for confirmation of exact line-ups before kick-off.

I check all 92 teams between 2:30 and 3pm!!

At present the bets I like the look of are;

Brighton 12/5 at Exeter
Orient 4/1 at Swindon
Peterbro 9/4 at home to Swansea
Doncaster 7/2 at Palace
Barnet 7/2 at Bury
MK Dons 8/11 home to Yeovil

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=37606.msg1004419#msg1004419 date=1259767430]

[/quote]

Money is money ILD, I made a mint backing against Ireland when we got stuffed 5-2 by Cyprus a few years ago. I would much rather have lost the bet but the profit was a silver lining. I will NOT be backing against LFC this weekend and will post my bets on Friday.
[/quote]

It still feels wrong. Ah Each to their own I suppose.

I'll have a go but i don't really like football betting.

Villa to beat Hull
Manc Utd to win away at West Ham
Newcastle to beat Watford
MK Dons to beat Yeovil

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=37606.msg1006054#msg1006054 date=1259943661]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=37606.msg1005513#msg1005513 date=1259881993]

Chelsea
Perth Glory
Swansea
Sheffield Wed
[/quote]

I'm always reluctant to put people off bets Ryan and I could very easily be wrong but, Swansea's 2 mose reliable defenders Monk and Tate are both out. Monk has missed the last few games but now Tate is suspended - I'm toying with a bet on Peterbro.

I never place a bet before 2:30pm on saturday because i always check the confirmed teams on www.sportinglife.com before kick off. Because i watch so much lower league football I know (or at least think I know) which players are pivotal to a teams chances and wait for confirmation of exact line-ups before kick-off.

I check all 92 teams between 2:30 and 3pm!!

At present the bets I like the look of are;

Brighton 12/5 at Exeter
Orient 4/1 at Swindon
Peterbro 9/4 at home to Swansea
Doncaster 7/2 at Palace
Barnet 7/2 at Bury
MK Dons 8/11 home to Yeovil
[/quote]

Whilst also not keen to put people off bets, Sheff Wed are having defensive problems of late and are hampered by injuries. Save for a poor result last week Reading had also put in some good performances of late.

Like pesam i am also (sadly) glued to sportinglife.com's 'today's teams' pop up at 2pm onwards. Knowing which team in the lower leagues is missing their Gerrard or Torres can make quite a difference.

Head to head with you on the Donny game Pesam, just can't have their away record and Palace are adopting a big backs to the wall attitude and seem to have a decent feel in the squad at the moment. Again, Barnet are very strong at home and with Adomah and Jarrett can trouble any League 2 team on their day but Bury are a solid home side in league 2, whilst i don't think i can back Bury at the price, i won't be opposing them.

Right, ended up sticking to my guns.

Swansea
Palace
Sydney
Liverpool minus a goal.

Sydney are 2-0 up at half-time so I'm home and hosed with that hopefully.

$20 bet, pays just over $300.

Still pissed off at myself for taking Chelsea off the bet. I think they're absolute certs. Ayway, ho hum...

My big bet of the day is a lay of Bury winning at home to Barnet.

I've also done a smaller lay of Palace at home to Donny.

I still have a feeling that Peterbro will do ok against Swansea but the prices available aren't overly attractive.

Good luck all.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=37606.msg1007403#msg1007403 date=1260074604]
Let. Down.
[/quote]

You neva eva bet on Liverpool as any fule kno. Always bet on Utd and Celtic Rangers and if they lose to fuck your bet, its all good for ya anyhoo.

Bugger, got it the wrong way around, should have had Donny as my big play. I still think Barnet are a better team than Bury and sooner rather than later Bury's recent good form will come to an end.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=37606.msg1007974#msg1007974 date=1260173281]
Bugger, got it the wrong way around, should have had Donny as my big play. I still think Barnet are a better team than Bury and sooner rather than later Bury's recent good form will come to an end.

[/quote]

Loks like we all had a gay weekend then.

We up for a champions League effort?

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=37606.msg1007991#msg1007991 date=1260176223]

[/quote]

Loks like we all had a gay weekend then.

We up for a champions League effort?
[/quote]

I had my worst weekend gambling ever.

Wigan let me down as you predicted but that wasnt the worst of it. Every Saturday I do the one from each section on the football coupon for a tenner. Normally offers decent odds and this week would have paid around 45/1. I did Livingston, Hibs, Boro, Hartlepool who all won handily and West fucking Brom who managed to score in the 93rd minute to go 2-1 up and then somehow concede in the 96th minute. What a kick in the stones.

Then yesterday morning I decided to have a bet on the golf and did Henrik Stenson @ 20/1 in running. He managed to get himself into the lead but bogeyed the 18th to end up in a playoff against Allenby which of course he lost on the 3rd extra hole. And just to round things off nicely I did a treble on the football Scunthorpe, Fulham and Spurs. Jermaine Defoe you dick.

Someone really had it in for me this weekened

Read on a forum that a lad had 3 seperate bets,
-Dindane to score first
-Defoe to score two or more
-Chelsea Vs City 2-2

Three penalty misses cost him all three bets. haha. Sickner.

[/quote]

Can't agree with you Barnet. Not at the moment anyway. They have been and are still missing a few key defenders and tomorrow night they are also without Adomah, Hughes (poss their best player), McAllister. I fancy Accrington (who are a lot better than people give them credit for) to at least get a draw and have backed them on the asian lines.

Fancy under 2.5 goals in the Preston game.
Have had a sizeable bet on Forest on the asians (S.U missing Ikeme, Henderson) as well as smaller bets on West Brom and Donny. I like Barnsley on Wednesday but can't quite back it at the price.

Early bet for the weekend is Hereford at 19/10 at b365. Brisley (DF) is suspended and Bencherif broke his ankle at the weekend. Wish they were playing someone else as i'm not Hereford's biggest fan but it goes off shorter than that.

Any Championship views for tomorrow anyone?

[quote author=FOAR link=topic=37606.msg1008461#msg1008461 date=1260218894]

[/quote]

Can't agree with you Barnet. Not at the moment anyway. They have been and are still missing a few key defenders and tomorrow night they are also without Adomah, Hughes (poss their best player), McAllister. I fancy Accrington (who are a lot better than people give them credit for) to at least get a draw and have backed them on the asian lines.

[/quote]

Don't want to bog the thread down by being overly-analytical FOAR but although I agree that Barnet are missing Breen at the backthey have 3 or 4 players who would be comfortable playing a division or two higher in Adomah, Jarrett, Hughes and O'Flynn and other decent players in Yakubu and micah Hyde whereas Bury (who I go to see 3 or 4 times a season) are distinctly average with Dawson being their only really good player (and Andy Bishop if fit). Both team will finsih in the top half but I reckon Barnet will finish ahead of Bury injuries permitting.

I'll have a look at the championship fixtures later this morning and see if I can spot any value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom