• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Strange problem accessing via IE

tombrown

Resident grammar Trot
OK - so first a confession - I still use Internet Explorer (11) as my main browser. I keep meaning to move to firefox (which I use, but not by default) but never get round to it

Anyway this morning when I tried to come to the site I got a "Site not found" error with detailed informaiton:

The DNS server might be having problems.
Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

Now when I try it on Firefox or Chrome it works fine. I've cleaned out my cookies etc, rebooted PC etc but still the same issue

Any ideas?​

Yes, stop using ie.

I don't think it's still being supported, so your chances of catching a fatal virus increase daily.

Jaysus. I didn't know anybody still used IE. Tom, are you like a hundred or something?

Haha

Old habits die hard

In fairness I did switch to firefox a few years back, but when I left my job & got a new PC, for some reaosn I switched back to IE

and nwo tapatalk isnt working for me. Must be just me; someone up there hates me

I know you're all desperate to know the latest on this, so let me update you.

I have no idea how, but it looks like it may have been sometthing to do with my router. While SCM failed to load on IE and Tapatalk wasnt working (on my phone connected to home wifi), all other internet access seemed to be OK. However when I went out and conected to a 4G signal, tapatalk started working again. Got home late evenig and again it wasnt working, switched off wifi on my phone & connected to 4G and it worked. So I restarted my router & lo and behold - IE started loading SCM and Tapatalk worked on wifi ...

I dont undertsand it, and it sounds doubtful, but there it is ...

Going to spend a bit of time now migratign everything to firefox & removing IE

It was inevitable the Stalinists would eventually catch up with me. Expect an icepick soon ...

It was inevitable the Stalinists would eventually catch up with me. Expect an icepick soon ...
This one is just for you, Tom.

daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-6.jpg

Do people,Tom aside, still use Firefox? Assumed everybody used Chrome.

Back
Top Bottom