• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What is acceptable and what requires Slott to be sacked?

Acceptable target

• Challenging for the league

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Top 4 finish

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • Top 6 finish

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Top 8 finish + domestic cup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If Alonso wants to come - then only retain Slott if he wins league or CL

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even then though Keni - how can you give expectations about next season now, when we don’t know what the squad is going to ge like, or should we revisit the question every week or every time we buy/sell a player.

I don't think my expectations are drastically going to change depending on who we sell / buy.

I will be firing up my rival faction to Kelly's Heroes in August.

Brizzle's Dirty Slots

The rules of entry are simple.
1. Must believe in all forms of jinxiness and superstitions, to the point of madness
2. Isn't a cunt
You're gonna have zero members with rule number 2 then

Whats the difference between head coach and manager? I think with the new arrangement, with Edwards and Hughes having a strong say in signing and unsigning players, we kind of guaranteed top 4 and it's the league that's the main target. This set up means the first year is trials, and anything top 6 is acceptable. It's year 2 going forward that's when the count starts

Remember when we got klopp who the second choice was? Cos this dude is our Roberto Martinez. Sack him before he starts.

Ancelotti?

Yeah, there wasn’t a second choice when Klopp was appointed - Martinez & Ancelotti were the ones interviewed when Rodgers wowed FSG with his PowerPoint skillz.

Poor old Carlo probably just bored them with stories about winning things.

Yeah, there wasn’t a second choice when Klopp was appointed - Martinez & Ancelotti were the ones interviewed when Rodgers wowed FSG with his PowerPoint skillz.

Poor old Carlo probably just bored them with stories about winning things.
I thought Ancelotti was interviewed the same time as Kloppo?
I am not sure how true it is but I remember watching one of those video casts and it claimed that Ancelotti lost out because we weren't comfortable with how he would be be after three or four years into a tenure at Liverpool when he would yield more power as manager than at the start.
Interesting that this is how things panned out with Klopp and FSG were more comfortable with that prospect

I thought Ancelotti was interviewed the same time as Kloppo?
I am not sure how true it is but I remember watching one of those video casts and it claimed that Ancelotti lost out because we weren't comfortable with how he would be be after three or four years into a tenure at Liverpool when he would yield more power as manager than at the start.
Interesting that this is how things panned out with Klopp and FSG were more comfortable with that prospect

I could be wrong, but I thought he was in the mix only when we sacked Dalglish.

I always got the impression we had Klopp in the bag before Rodgers got the boot.

In baseball they sometimes hire a coach to be the fall guy for a couple of years while they overhaul the playing roster. Then they sack him and get a real guy in.

It's ironic that arguably the top 3 thread makers of all time have all posted in this thread.

Should start a poll on who's the worst..

Bluebell
Dreamie
6timesared

I could be wrong, but I thought he was in the mix only when we sacked Dalglish.

I always got the impression we had Klopp in the bag before Rodgers got the boot.
For a change I'm right..........

Carlo Ancelotti has revealed he lost out to Jurgen Klopp in the race to become Liverpool manager in 2015, and admits the club's owners made the right decision in picking the German.

Following Brendan Rodgers' sacking in October, 2015, Ancelotti held talks about succeeding him, before Liverpool opted to hire Klopp.

Two months later, it was announced Ancelotti was to succeed Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich at the conclusion of the 2015/16 season.

"It was after [I left] Real Madrid, I had a chat with the owner," Ancelotti said.

"They were looking for a new manager but I think they made a right choice with Jurgen. He is doing fantastic work at Liverpool, so well done."

Famously, JJ wanted Ancelotti, at the time.. but that may have been more to do with age than management ability 😉

If we're not in the top 6 at the first International break, esp. with decent managers still available,
Slott will start sweating...

Yeah… but that’ll change as soon as he names CJ in his first starting team.

Winning you over is easy.
Well...that will be half-way acceptance, but if he tries to use him as a DM, I am still Slot Out. I need him to select CJ, and also use him correctly.

It's ironic that arguably the top 3 thread makers of all time have all posted in this thread.

Should start a poll on who's the worst..

Bluebell
Dreamie
6timesared

On what basis? As in what makes those three the top thread makers? Volume? Interesting topics? Splendiferous titles?

Because I can't help myself 😀

1719326924358.png

So if we ignore the autopost bot. Then Jono is 2nd, Dreamie is 11th and bluebell is 20th (one below me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom