• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What is acceptable and what requires Slott to be sacked?

Acceptable target

• Challenging for the league

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Top 4 finish

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • Top 6 finish

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Top 8 finish + domestic cup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If Alonso wants to come - then only retain Slott if he wins league or CL

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

bluebell

Well-Known
I think he does need a season to bed in, and for me a top 4 finish is very good. I am not going to lie, its an underwhelming appointment, if he had won the domestic league this season, I could have been more enthusiastic. However, I am reassured by pundits who say this is wise a appointment

Impossible to judge.

Look at Poch, if you said no cups and 7th in pre season every Chelsea fan would have said, not acceptable- sack him. Now most seem to feel he’s been hard done by.

Really all I want next season is to look like he’s forming some kind of style, gets the club, the fans and city and doesn’t lose at home to Utd or Everton.

Why would anyone vote top 6 over top 8 with a league/fa cup, unless they think Europa league qualification is more important? (Plus I think the winners of the league/FA cup qualify for one of the lesser competitions anyway) Top 6 shouldn't even be an option.

First season should be a blank slate and we judge him from second season onwards. He is inheriting a good squad, but if he wants to shake that up it could make it initially worse before making it better.

I sincerely hope we don't become Chelsea/United like in firing managers frequently because they aren't battling for the league instantly.

Slot is very lucky in that he doesn't need major changes to the squad like chelsea, manure and arsenal did. A couple of players(DM & striker) and we are pretty much good to go. I'm not expecting miracles as he will need time to adjust to our league. He's in for a shock like most foreign managers are when they first come here when they realise every game is played at 100% intensity. But i think expecting top 4 should be standard otherwise we risk falling further behind.

Come Jan, if we're 10th, people will be asking for Slot's head. Fans are amazingly fickle. Let's remember, it took Arteta 600m and 3.5 yrs to get 2nd. His 1st half season he got 8th and and the following season he got 8th again, then 5th and finally last season 2nd and again a 2nd this season.
I think Slot will be expected to start running asap, and a top 4 finish is the bare minimum the board will want

There were pundits who said Roy Hodgson was a wise appointment. Pundits can never reassure me.....let's hope we haven't signed the dutch woy.

Can we sack BlueBell instead?

Slot doesn’t even start till next weekend and BB already talking about his sacking.
What was your sentiments when Owl face was appointed especially by December? I am not Slot out, I said I wanted a top 4 finish. If the team misses top 4 by a whisker, then I would be happy to give him another season.
However, a 6th place finish with the squad we have, without extenuating circumstances like injuries then his position will become fragile for me.
Let's imagine Amorim or Alonso are both available for 25/26 season (after winning their respective domestic leagues) and we could get either, then I would imagine people would be asking the club to fire Slott in order to recruit either of those two especially if we finished outside top 4.

What was your sentiments when Owl face was appointed especially by December? I am not Slot out, I said I wanted a top 4 finish. If the team misses top 4 by a whisker, then I would be happy to give him another season.
However, a 6th place finish with the squad we have, without extenuating circumstances like injuries then his position will become fragile for me.
Let's imagine Amorim or Alonso are both available for 25/26 season (after winning their respective domestic leagues) and we could get either, then I would imagine people would be asking the club to fire Slott in order to recruit either of those two especially if we finished outside top 4.

For fucks sake.

Can you just take a look at the pish you’re typing for a second.

He STARTS next week - how can you compare that to 6 months into Hodge-Podge.

Why even compare to Hodge-Podge - they’re nothing like each other as managers.

What squad? The squad he hasn’t even started coaching and before the window opens?

Who fucking cares about Alonso & Amorim - what if they have shite seasons.

Can you at least fucking wait until we see what he’s like before deciding what warrants sacking him.

Last edited:
At least I waited till Podge got us battered away to city before I wanted him out. In our second league game of the season.

I may be knee jerk but 96% of the time I’m right all of the time.

i just want to see him improve players and get good performances out of them, player regression and flop signings would be a bad sign.

enjoyable football would be a bonus

Everyone knew in their hearts WoY was a shit appointment.

This appointment - who knows?

Worse thread on this site since koptalk and that saying something

Come Jan, if we're 10th, people will be asking for Slot's head. Fans are amazingly fickle. Let's remember, it took Arteta 600m and 3.5 yrs to get 2nd. His 1st half season he got 8th and and the following season he got 8th again, then 5th and finally last season 2nd and again a 2nd this season.
I think Slot will be expected to start running asap, and a top 4 finish is the bare minimum the board will want
Slot isn't managing Crystal Palace.
He's taking over a team that was 2 months away from a quad.
The last bald guy we had in charge won us the champions league with 7 good players and a bunch of homeless people.
So finishing 8th isn't an option.

Back
Top Bottom