• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Where we are

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
Getting a little irritable with all the posts suggesting the end of the (Liverpool) world is nigh due to insufficient purchases of players.

Wanted to clarify, again, that the rules on squad composition is a major limiting factor.

Our outgoings from the senior squad this summer were oxlade-chamberlain (homegrown), Milner (homegrown), Henderson (homegrown), Firminio, Keita, Fabinho and Arthur Melo.

So we had room to bring in four overseas players and, at least, three homegrown over 21s

We’ve brought in three overseas players to date: Mac Allister, Szoboslai and Endo and no Homegrown.

Irrespective of the money we might have and “should” be spending we can only take on one more senior overseas player (ok technically 2 if we decide not to register Adrian but still pay him).

So whilst we may want to buy two, three or four more players to make us competitive the reality is that all bar one will need to be English/homegrown/under 21. Just keep remembering that!

We should have one more space released soon with another useless Foreigner being sold to Saudis.

Getting a little irritable with all the posts suggesting the end of the (Liverpool) world is nigh due to insufficient purchases of players.

Wanted to clarify, again, that the rules on squad composition is a major limiting factor.

Our outgoings from the senior squad this summer were oxlade-chamberlain (homegrown), Milner (homegrown), Henderson (homegrown), Firminio, Keita, Fabinho and Arthur Melo.

So we had room to bring in four overseas players and, at least, three homegrown over 21s

We’ve brought in three overseas players to date: Mac Allister, Szoboslai and Endo and no Homegrown.

Irrespective of the money we might have and “should” be spending we can only take on one more senior overseas player (ok technically 2 if we decide not to register Adrian but still pay him).

So whilst we may want to buy two, three or four more players to make us competitive the reality is that all bar one will need to be English/homegrown/under 21. Just keep remembering that!
I thought if we got Gravenberch he wont count for shit coz he like a baby ... U21, so we could get 2 right ?

Technically Curtis counts as one coming in, because he has to be registered in the senior squad of 25 for the first time this season.

So we’re 3 short of a max squad of 25 - 2 home grown players & 1 overseas player.

I thought if we got Gravenberch he wont count for shit coz he like a baby ... U21, so we could get 2 right ?

Yep - he counts as an U21 this season - so we could actually sign him + one other for midfield.

Good spot - I didn’t think Gravenberch was as young.

I am hearing FSG have decided to put a holt on spending again, if that's true, they're digging their own graves.

I think we’ll be losing one more non homegrown if and when Salah goes to Saudi Arabia ;)

With that in mind, the club has seriously to be looking for alternatives. Trouble is, we always seem to be blindsided by events and surprised into any action. If Salah does like Henderson and Fabinho and ask to go, should we actually stop him?

It is the short sightedness of the club that erks me. We knew that we would be losing The Ox,Milner and maybe Henderson all Homegrown and we have may no attempt to rectify it. Jude Bellingham was a shoe in to become a Liverpool player had we went for him. And we could have,& should have signed Declan Rice
two top class players...
Yes, Szoboszlai was a great fine, and has been a stand out player in his first two match, but you don't find players such as him everyday and FSG fails to understand that...
I have yet to be impressed by Ali Mac, Strikes me as nothing specail
Endo..?? wtf...who's idea was it to buy this guy..? Doubt it was Klopp's
The players we buy are nearly always 3rd or 4th choice players or panic buy's, and that why I feel that there is a touch of " the end of the (Liverpool) world is nigh"
and with being out spent buy team that don't need to spend that much to inprove them It has the feel that we are falling back into becoming that mid-table team again

Technically Curtis counts as one coming in, because he has to be registered in the senior squad of 25 for the first time this season.

So we’re 3 short of a max squad of 25 - 2 home grown players & 1 overseas player.

Having loaned out Van der Bergand Williams we are currently only filling 4 homegrown spots; Kelleher, Trent, Nat and Curtis

so we can fill our boots with over 21 English/HG

Having loaned out Van der Bergand Williams we are currently only filling 4 homegrown spots; Kelleher, Trent, Nat and Curtis

so we can fill our boots with over 21 English/HG

Gomez.

Oops. How could I forget!

Yeah - I’m one short too - we have room for 3 HG players.

That’s our problem - we’re light in HG players - we have a few in the pipeline - Harvey, Badgertits, Bradley, Morton, Doak, Clarke, Carvalho, etc

Yeah - I’m one short too - we have room for 3 HG players.

That’s our problem - we’re light in HG players - we have a few in the pipeline - Harvey, Badgertits, Bradley, Morton, Doak, Clarke, Carvalho, etc

Exactly, can’t fault the club for growing/buying in talent to qualify for HG status. Either they make it (Jones, Bajcetic, Elliot) or they don’t and we get to sell them at a premium like Wilson. We are just short in the current and next seasons for 1st team HG players. Our current list of just two true first team contenders (three if you consider Joe a potential starter) in the maximum 25 senior places is very poor

Exactly, can’t fault the club for growing/buying in talent to qualify for HG status. Either they make it (Jones, Bajcetic, Elliot) or they don’t and we get to sell them at a premium like Wilson. We are just short in the current and next seasons for 1st team HG players. Our current list of just two true first team contenders (three if you consider Joe a potential starter) in the maximum 25 senior places is very poor

Yep - I’d be all for signing a couple of decent HG players.

Was reminded of Van Der Berg, decided to check how he's doing.
Not a great start to the season by Mainz, van der Berg came on in the 60th. Not at fault for any of the goals conceded imo.
Mainz had two pens missed both.

Was reminded of Van Der Berg, decided to check how he's doing.
Not a great start to the season by Mainz, van der Berg came on in the 60th. Not at fault for any of the goals conceded imo.
Mainz had two pens missed both.

Yeah, looks like Mainz are playing 3 at the back and Sepp appeared to be on the right

Yep - he counts as an U21 this season - so we could actually sign him + one other for midfield.

Good spot - I didn’t think Gravenberch was as young.
With recent rumours of Kone, would he also count as an u21 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom