• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Which match am I? (Let's play a game!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only matches against Chelsea that went to extra time in the Czech era I can think of are the 2005 League Cup final (Riise & Gerrard OG in normal time), the 2007 CL QF (or SF) when Agger scored at Anfield to level the tie & we won on penalties, and the 2008 CL SF at Stamford Bridge (after the Riise OG) where Torres made it 1-1 to go to extra time & we lost

So I'm going with the League Cup final, though I fail to see how "Czech checked by Czech" fits in

I googled and (hopefully) still got it wrong:

Smicer last minute winner v Chelsea at Anfield (1-0) in 2002

In the unlikely chance I am correct, lets end it

Edit : Doh, Chelsea keeper was Cudicini that day

No. It was the 0-0 in the first leg of that tie.

Baros's brilliant header was saved by Cech, and it was the first leg so extra time was required.

I'll give it to Onions.

Buzzcuts and edge of box screamers from the young lad were becoming a standard, but this one against a rival meant more than most at the start of his career

Buzzcuts and edge of box screamers from the young lad were becoming a standard, but this one against a rival meant more than most at the start of his career

Gerrard's 30 yard belter when we beat Manure 2-0.

I think it would have been in 2000?

Hmmm... actually maybe the one against Everton away in 2001. I can't recall the score but I know we won it.

I won't be able to post a clue in the next couple of hours.

If anyone else wants to have a go in my place, feel free.

I watched that twice & didnt see any of the goals let alone Gerrard's 30 yard screamer :S

The first vid seemed be every Gerrard touch in the match except for the goal ... odd

The second one is good - I particularly like the manc fan behind the goal giving the ball the finger as it hits the back of the net

I can remember that entire day so clearly. I watched the game at my uncle's place surrounded by mancs and they scoffed when I was bigging up Stevie before kick off.

I shouted something obscene when he scored. I wish I remembered what I said, but all I recall is getting told off by my dad after the game about it being too disrespectful to say to my elders.

I can remember that entire day so clearly. I watched the game at my uncle's place surrounded by mancs and they scoffed when I was bigging up Stevie before kick off.

I shouted something obscene when he scored. I wish I remembered what I said, but all I recall is getting told off by my dad after the game about it being too disrespectful to say to my elders.
"Fucking take that you bunch of wrinkly aul manc cunts!!!", maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom