• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Which match am I? (Let's play a game!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're on fire Mamma

I was going to do his actual debut (3-1 away in the other half of the 2 legged fixture, Fowler got 1), but the remembered my rule that I had to have been at the match

3-0 against Leicester. Paddy Berger scored 2 ... and he replaced Stan as a sub

That's the one! It's tough striking the balance between too easy and too difficult.

I wonder if anyone would have got it with just the first clue?

My turn again

Does history repeat itself in the same season? Nearly, but not quite, just a Chico opener away from it ...

May be easy, may be impossible ... I will supply clues, if needed, after a suitable elapsed time

My turn again

Does history repeat itself in the same season? Nearly, but not quite, just a Chico opener away from it ...

May be easy, may be impossible ... I will supply clues, if needed, after a suitable elapsed time

If my memory serves regarding the "Chico" bit, there's no way I'd remember what match it was.

Either noone is interested anymore (apart from Mamma & Mia) or another clue is needed:

The "history repeating itself" part refers to another match from earlier the same season that was the answer to one of my earlier riddles.

Either noone is interested anymore (apart from Mamma & Mia) or another clue is needed:

The "history repeating itself" part refers to another match from earlier the same season that was the answer to one of my earlier riddles.

I knew that!! I don't actually remember the match.

I think I know the player and the opposition based on the clues, is that enough?

Well done.

We nearly repeated 9-0 but not quite. In the 9-0 against Palace Steve Nicol scored the first & final goals; in the 8-0 he only scored the last goal.

Zero recollection of that. I knew who Chico referred to, that was about it.

Funnily enough I predicted 8-0 and a Rush hattrick before the game to a mate. Even funnier I didnt back my hunch at the bookies.

Swansea had a centre back - Andy Melville - who we were supposedly tracking at the time; despite the scoreline he had a really good match and was applauded by the Kop for a few fine tackles and interceptions. I was convinced he was going to be our long term Hansen replacement ... but we didnt need him, we had Nicky Tanner all ready to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom