• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Which match am I? (Let's play a game!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Administrator
I remember the days of SCM when we used to have games galore. Now we're all fucking bored and missing football, but too much time to invest isn't gonna happen.

I propose a game:

The starter reveals some clues about a match (let's say for now it has to involve Liverpool, we can branch later). If it is too hard to guess, the starter can add another clue until it's guessed.

The answer should include the game and the score.

It can be in the form of famous commentary, an incident, or anything notable.

No Googling! (Please)

The first person to get it right goes next. Sound good?

Here's mine: A Hungarian reminded us that it wasn't gonna be plain sailing for a Northern Irish manager.

Also no. I don't wanna do more clues but maybe reread the sentence I put fully there should be a key hint in there

I remember the days of SCM when we used to have games galore. Now we're all fucking bored and missing football, but too much time to invest isn't gonna happen.

I propose a game:

The starter reveals some clues about a match (let's say for now it has to involve Liverpool, we can branch later). If it is too hard to guess, the starter can add another clue until it's guessed.

The answer should include the game and the score.

It can be in the form of famous commentary, an incident, or anything notable.

No Googling! (Please)

The first person to get it right goes next. Sound good?

Here's mine: A Hungarian reminded us that it wasn't gonna be plain sailing for a Northern Irish manager.

Rodger's first game against WBA? I think it was Zoltan Gera scored a belter.

Ahh that's some guess! Had a gap from Kenny to Robbo for Scots (wasn't including Danny Wilson)

Your turn then!

The only Scot I ever think of in my memory is Gary Mc.

Making only my second appearance for the club I came on at HT and scored two goals from outside the box. I would score another two in my next match against Chelsea at home in a 4-1 win and a further goal in Europe followed 4 days later. Sadly while having a decent career I never lived up to that early promise.

Making only my second appearance for the club I came on at HT and scored two goals from outside the box. I would score another two in my next match against Chelsea at home in a 4-1 win and a further goal in Europe followed 4 days later. Sadly while having a decent career I never lived up to that early promise.

Paddy Berger? I remember him having an incredible start and then never quite hitting the same heights

His debut was against Leicester when he unleashed a couple of thunder bolts but I dont remember the exact score, 4-0 maybe

Last edited:

I wanna say Neil Mellor against Arsenal in like 2004 but I can't remember him having what you'd call a decent career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom