• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Which match am I? (Let's play a game!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the answer fucking lol. Like definitely impossible. Very very obscure match and very obscure clue.

Slightly more challenging than the previous ones but a bit of fun working it out (assuming I am right). Though I do think the no google rule has to be suspended for clues of that complexity - google alone would not have solved it, still took an application of the Brown brain and a hint from Polish Tom

Not that I'm setting myself up as some kind of unelected chairperson (think of me as a facilitator) but I think that goes beyond a reasonable level of difficulty. I bet no more than a handful of us on the whole site are even aware of that match.

My opinion is that although I'm never guessing that, it's fine to make clues of way back when if that's what it is but that's a little too riddly for finding the ballpark

My opinion is that although I'm never guessing that, it's fine to make clues of way back when if that's what it is but that's a little too riddly for finding the ballpark

Yeah, it's just a bit too hard given the clue and the obscurity of the game.

No biggie.

Got it, from 1979

Disclaimer - Google was used in the solving of this clue

Correct.
Perhaps too hard, but I would have provided clues to lead you lot forward if you got the team.
You did crack the hardest part which was the "red" being kicked about. Well done!

You are up.

Down south, a red got kicked about no end, but to no avail.

The location, south - thus away game down south.
The name of the team - Southend. Not sure how many seasons they were in the 1st, but cannot be that many.
"a red" - the ball, as the pitch was covered in snow.
To no avail - no goals.

We need to go way back in time, to the roots so to speak.

Period of the game.
Roots - Roots Hall is Southend FC's home ground.

I enjoyed that.

I'll do an easy one, so someone with more imagination can after over and match Polish Tom's complexity:

A return, rivals united, an appropriate result

I think its easy, but can give more clues if not. BTW - only matches I attended get in my list, so that may help you narrow it down

In my head it's the 4-0 against Everton which was played on or around the Hillsborough anniversary in say 2015 (?) where Origi was amazing and then got snapped.

The return of the king?

Kenny winning the league with Blackburn despite Jamie Redknapp scoring a belter of a free kick and West Ham doing a number on United?

It sort of does and it also fits the fact that I attended it, but its not the match I mean

(This in reply to "it fits exactly")

The one where Mane was dropped after he argued with Salah and then we smashed someone the game after?

I enjoyed that.

I'll do an easy one, so someone with more imagination can after over and match Polish Tom's complexity:

A return, rivals united, an appropriate result

I think its easy, but can give more clues if not. BTW - only matches I attended get in my list, so that may help you narrow it down
0-0 v Everton 1989

Ahhh - fellow intelligence.

Well done @refugee , your turn

I stood on the Gwladys Street for that match, came armed with hundreds of leaflets from the LPYS and they were practically being snatched out of my hands as I walked to my spec

I was reluctant to actually answer it as I hate coming up with riddles

Anyway:
A comeback overshadowed by a divine double.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom