• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Who do you think we will sign before the transfer window closes?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who will we bring in before the transfer window closes?

• Aissa Mandi

• Ben White

• Dayot Upamecano

• Eder Militao

• Ibrahima Konaté

• Ozan Kabak

• Sven Botman

• Shkodran Mustafi

• No One

• Others

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Other CB option we were linked with:
  • David Carmo from Braga
  • Gleison Bremer from Torino
  • Ezequiel Garay as a free agent

On a side note,
  • Pau Torres's release clause is apparently €50m
  • Neven Subotic is a free agent
  • James Tarkowski's contract is expiring next summer

I also wonder if we might be "creative" and bring in a midfielder (Gini's replacement) and rely on Gini, Hendo, Williams and Phillips at CB :p

Last edited:
Why not get that young CB from Lens? Makes sense both short and long term.
Seeing how Fofana has taken to the league, I think Balde would be a great shout.

Saiss may make some sense if Origi goes the other way. Their need for a front man is nearly as desperate as ours for a defender

Other CB option we were linked with:
  • David Carmo from Braga
  • Gleison Bremer from Torino
  • Ezequiel Garay as a free agent

On a side note,
  • Pau Torres's release clause is apparently €50m
  • Neven Subotic is a free agent
  • James Tarkowski's contract is expiring next summer

I also wonder if we might be "creative" and bring in a midfielder (Gini's replacement) and rely on Gini, Hendo, Williams and Phillips at CB :p

I wonder if a deal could be done for Tarkowski. Decent defender, knows tge league, hes only 28 so its not a short term fix. Hes going to leave anyway they could get some decent coin and he gets a move that would be the high point of his career.

If we sign someone who can genuinely stay in the squad for 2-3 seasons, i'll be happy. If we sign someone who is a bit ropey but will cover the gap for 2-3 months, i'll be relieved.

Saiss has been lethal in the air recently but he’s a regular starter now isn’t he? Why would they sell now?

As much as it will fuck FSG off, they have no option now, they can't risk not buying someone. Anyone.

I wonder if a deal could be done for Tarkowski. Decent defender, knows tge league, hes only 28 so its not a short term fix. Hes going to leave anyway they could get some decent coin and he gets a move that would be the high point of his career.

Like Konchesky

An interesting last resort loan option would be Hoever back from Wolves - he's not playing and would definitely have been ahead of the current kids in the pecking order.

I think part of it will depend on how long Matip is out for. I think I read somewhere that they'd be looking to replace Matip in the summer with a young CB; I wonder if that might be brought forward now, depending on who the target is/was. But I agree with everyone that has said we really need to sign two, unless Koumetio/Van Der Berg are somehow going to be ready in the next month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom