• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Who is 2nd choice?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who is your alternative feasible option?

• Ruben Amorim

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Roger Schmidt

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Julian Nagelsmann

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Roberto De Zerbi

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Hans Flick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zinedine Zidane

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Inzaghi

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
I'll be honest and say that I haven't really got a preferred candidate to take over from Klopp bar the emotional attachment to Alonso but I am curious to know why so few seem to be keen on De Zerbi.
If this was twelve months ago I am guessing he would have been a lot hotter in the desirability stakes.
I assume Brighton's current campaign is the reason but considering the players he lost is he really doing that bad this season?

To me Brighton seems to have been more carried by individual brilliance than any formation and structures. Yesterday I did see some form of control from them, but I didn't overly enjoy the playstyle

I don't know. We have an excellent squad with just a few holes. So long as our backbone stays put and we add 2-3 quality players in the Summer, which with a new manager is a given, then we are going to be challenging for the PL & CL again next season.

Klopp had gotten us here. But that doesn't mean another manager can't take us forward. Or does everyone feel a drop off is inevitable? I certainly don't.
Do you not remember what happened last time we nearly won a quad?

The emotional high of one last charge for Klopp will surely bring a massive downer next season.

Do you not remember what happened last time we nearly won a quad?

The emotional high of one last charge for Klopp will surely bring a massive downer next season.
I dunno. A lot of those players involved in that have mostly been injured, or now gone. They've been replaced by younger players, or been out for a sizeable chunk of this season. And we've not gone to the last 2 games of the season. Fa cups already gone. Europa is easier than cl

Should be much less of a comedown next year. "New manager bounce" and all that

Might do the Quint

I'll be honest and say that I haven't really got a preferred candidate to take over from Klopp bar the emotional attachment to Alonso but I am curious to know why so few seem to be keen on De Zerbi.
If this was twelve months ago I am guessing he would have been a lot hotter in the desirability stakes.
I assume Brighton's current campaign is the reason but considering the players he lost is he really doing that bad this season?

The Times reporting tonight that Bayern are going for De Zerbi.

To me Brighton seems to have been more carried by individual brilliance than any formation and structures. Yesterday I did see some form of control from them, but I didn't overly enjoy the playstyle

Yeah, de Zerbi seems more in the Guardiola / Arteta control-freak style.

Amorim and his 343 feels more like a Conte-style grind.

Nagelsman rocking up on his skateboard would be hilarious.

Lijnders would at least be… intense.

Why not, oh Farky one?
His only relevant managerial experience tells us nothing. He went from a club that doesn't matter to one that matters a lot, but where he by design had little to no say, as far as I understand it. So far he is a footballer with a respected name that dutifully got the shot in a meaningless league for sportswashing purposes, followed by the other dutiful shot at his beloved club because they are circling the toilet. Frank Lampard could say the same. Steven Gerrard has more success.

I'm starting to think that it's going to be a someone who already has managed in the PL or is currently managing in the PL.
Seems like the safest option.

If we're looking at someone with a similar style, similar formation and similar tactics look no further than De Zerbi.

I've been somewhat critical about him, but considering the fact that they've lost some of their best players before this season and also lost a few to injuries, De Zerbi has done a great job. I saw an interview with Prince Boateng who was managed by De Zerbi at I believe Sassuolo and he was talking about how great of a motivator he is and that he'd basically run through a brick wall for him.
If you can motivate Boateng, you can motivate anyone.
Yes, Brighton didn't look that great against us a few days ago, but that's mainly due to the huge difference in player quality. The fact that we played at Anfield should play a part too.

Yeah, de Zerbi seems more in the Guardiola / Arteta control-freak style.

Amorim and his 343 feels more like a Conte-style grind.

Nagelsman rocking up on his skateboard would be hilarious.

Lijnders would at least be… intense.
And we could look forward to at least one new book per season.

I'm starting to think that it's going to be a someone who already has managed in the PL or is currently managing in the PL.

If we're looking at someone with a similar style, similar formation and similar tactics look no further than De Zerbi.
Or Emery. Villa play very similar with 4 at the back, a high line and a high press. A little more defensive but that could be because they don't have the same quality of players as the Top 3 teams and it's a case of needs must.

They are just 5 pts behind City (played 1 game more)
Have scored just one goal less than City (5 less than us)
7th last season, 4th so far this with an unremarkable squad

It’s still very hard to lift yourself again so soon.
So half of the team spent the season in physio and that on top of that Summer the players had very little rest (World Cup - and likely the reason for so many injuries), just 6 weeks holiday if I remember correctly and that with the continuing shite around Covid.

Or Emery. Villa play very similar with 4 at the back, a high line and a high press. A little more defensive but that could be because they don't have the same quality of players as the Top 3 teams and it's a case of needs must.

They are just 5 pts behind City (played 1 game more)
Have scored just one goal less than City (5 less than us)
7th last season, 4th so far this with an unremarkable squad
I like Emery, but I'm not sure how we're gonna pull it off. Would Villa just give up Emery?

Any opinions of Thomas Frank? Different playing style st Brentford, obviously, but personality-wise he is quite similar to Klopp - a father figure to the players and also someone who looks at the big picture of how to move the club forward as well as minute details on how to maximize effectiveness from throw-ins etc.

Any opinions of Thomas Frank? Different playing style st Brentford, obviously, but personality-wise he is quite similar to Klopp - a father figure to the players and also someone who looks at the big picture of how to move the club forward as well as minute details on how to maximize effectiveness from throw-ins etc.
Literally zero history bar Brentford (we won't count Brondby where he was a relative failure in his first managerial appointment. He has always been a youth team manager. Might as well appoint Inglethorpe.

I've been somewhat critical about him, but considering the fact that they've lost some of their best players before this season and also lost a few to injuries, De Zerbi has done a great job. I saw an interview with Prince Boateng who was managed by De Zerbi at I believe Sassuolo and he was talking about how great of a motivator he is and that he'd basically run through a brick wall for him.
If you can motivate Boateng, you can motivate anyone.
Yes, Brighton didn't look that great against us a few days ago, but that's mainly due to the huge difference in player quality. The fact that we played at Anfield should play a part too.

I dont think De Zerbi is a good fit for us, and I dont think I can handle watching us trying to be "creative" playing out from the back in every game. For all the good results he's getting at Brighton there are also games were they get absolutely humiliated. The lack of consistency is concerning. He also has this thing were he rotates goalkeepers which is weird.

There has been a few mentions of Franck Haise the Lens manager but I guess journos/agents are just coming up with any old names at his stage

I dont think De Zerbi is a good fit for us, and I dont think I can handle watching us trying to be "creative" playing out from the back in every game. For all the good results he's getting at Brighton there are also games were they get absolutely humiliated. The lack of consistency is concerning. He also has this thing were he rotates goalkeepers which is weird.
They don't have the same resources we do, so I can excuse some of the results.
It's a team with Lallana, Milner and Welbeck up front.

Not enjoying DeZerbi's interview about his club and future. Apparently he was the same at his previous club? You signed a fucking contract with two years left to go dickhead, honor it. Or at least pretend to.
Never enjoyed Rafa speaking out against his clubs either.

What I've loved about Klopp has been his utter loyalty (in public) to both his employers, players and staff. I don't want any Conte-like characters coming in as the leader.

Back
Top Bottom