• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Who is 2nd choice?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who is your alternative feasible option?

• Ruben Amorim

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Roger Schmidt

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Julian Nagelsmann

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Roberto De Zerbi

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Hans Flick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zinedine Zidane

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Inzaghi

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
I know it’s not realistic but who’s the one man in football you know can come into a club and continue success with the same group of players and not rock the boat. He has already managed in Liverpool before…

1708556571932.jpeg

Someone who will continue to develop the kids and make the best with what he’s got without demanding a war chest. Someone like Klopp basically. Good luck.

My disinterest in the intricacies of the European game is laid bare by this thread given that I don't know anything about a number of these options. I thought Hans Flick was one of the German officers on Allo Allo.

If Xabi doesn’t choose us, my other choice would be Simone Inzaghi. He is one of the most promising coaches of the new generation, an excellent cup manager with Coppa and Supercoppa Italia wins for almost every season of his managerial career so far (with 2 different teams: Lazio and Inter) plus obviously taking Inter to the CL final for the first time in 13 years, where they were rather unlucky to lose to City after mostly outplaying them.

Like Xabi he plays 3-5-2 and his Inter team is currently head and shoulders above the competition in Serie A. He doesn’t have as clear a style of football as Xabi, Arteta or Pep; he seems to be from a more adaptable school like Ancelotti; his man-management skills and ability to get the most out of his players have won repeated praise. His teams can switch between high press and mid-block, they vary their attacking build-up so it’s difficult to counteract and if you look at Inter this season, the players play with joy and freedom, in addition to being obviously excellently organized.

I have no idea if he will be interested in leaving his current job and coaching Liverpool (his contract runs until summer 2025), but if he is, he should be ahead of Xabi or Amorim purely based on experience and history of success. It would feel a little like stepping into unknown to hire someone who doesn’t have a prior connection with Liverpool (if you don’t count being coached by LFC fan Sven-Goran Eriksson), but to be fair neither did Klopp. For sure I would avoid German managers for now - this would feel like we’re trying to replace Klopp and that would be a mistake. Just like in recruiting players, the best strategy is to forget the hype and extraneous factors and look at underlying stats to select the outstanding candidate, no matter where they come from.

Last edited:
If Xabi doesn’t choose us, my other choice would probably be Simone Inzaghi. He is one of the most promising coaches of the new generation, an excellent cup manager with Coppa and Supercoppa Italia wins for almost every season of his managerial career so far (and with 2 different teams: Lazio and Inter) plus obviously taking Inter to the CL final for the first time in 13 years, where they were rather unlucky to lose to City after mostly outplaying them. Like Xabi he plays 3-5-2 and his Inter team is currently head and shoulders above the competition in Serie A. He doesn’t have as clear a style of football as Xabi, Arteta or Pep; he seems to be from a more adaptable school like Ancelotti; his man-management skills and ability to get the most out of his players have won repeated praise.

I have no idea if he will be interested in leaving his current job and coaching Liverpool (his contract runs until summer 2025), but if he is, he should be ahead of Xabi or Amorim purely based on experience and history of success. It would feel a little like stepping into unknown to hire someone who doesn’t have a prior connection with Liverpool, but to be fair neither did Klopp. For sure I would avoid German managers for now - this would feel like we’re trying to replace Klopp and that would be a mistake. Just like in recruiting players, the best strategy is to forget the hype and look at underlying stats and find the outstanding candidate, no matter where they come from.
Pay him enough silver, he will move. He was my first choice, but seeing how Xabi transformed a mediocre club who were lying in 17th to a top 6 finish and what he had done this year puts him in the same bracket as Klopp and his time at Dortmund.
Inzaghi is my 2nd choice now.
i think there's something about Thiago I like, and I do hope who ever we get, gives Thiago a coaching role

It’s Xabi or just wind up the club for a year or two until he’s ready.

It’ll be a great shame and we’ll probably have to start again from the conference or something but I just can’t see any other way.

If Xabi doesn’t choose us, my other choice would be Simone Inzaghi. He is one of the most promising coaches of the new generation, an excellent cup manager with Coppa and Supercoppa Italia wins for almost every season of his managerial career so far (with 2 different teams: Lazio and Inter) plus obviously taking Inter to the CL final for the first time in 13 years, where they were rather unlucky to lose to City after mostly outplaying them.

Like Xabi he plays 3-5-2 and his Inter team is currently head and shoulders above the competition in Serie A. He doesn’t have as clear a style of football as Xabi, Arteta or Pep; he seems to be from a more adaptable school like Ancelotti; his man-management skills and ability to get the most out of his players have won repeated praise. His teams can switch between high press and mid-block, they vary their attacking build-up so it’s difficult to counteract and if you look at Inter this season, the players play with joy and freedom, in addition to being obviously excellently organized.

I have no idea if he will be interested in leaving his current job and coaching Liverpool (his contract runs until summer 2025), but if he is, he should be ahead of Xabi or Amorim purely based on experience and history of success. It would feel a little like stepping into unknown to hire someone who doesn’t have a prior connection with Liverpool (if you don’t count being coached by LFC fan Sven-Goran Eriksson), but to be fair neither did Klopp. For sure I would avoid German managers for now - this would feel like we’re trying to replace Klopp and that would be a mistake. Just like in recruiting players, the best strategy is to forget the hype and extraneous factors and look at underlying stats to select the outstanding candidate, no matter where they come from.

;)

Inter Milan coach Simone Inzaghi is fielding major Premier League interest.

After reaching the Champions League final last season, Inzaghi has Inter already champions-elect in Serie A.

Tuttosport says Inzaghi is attracting interest from the Premier League.

Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool have started gathering information about the Inter coach.

Even Barcelona are said to have opened their eyes to Inzaghi.

Inzaghi is under contract until 2025 and earns €5.5 million net per year. In England, he will be offered 8-9 million euros in annual salary.

Inter are said to be very happy with Inzaghi and are expected to offer him a new contract extension to 2027.

If Xabi doesn’t come to us, I’d be happy with the option of Inzaghi - in fact that could work more to our advantage because I think Inzaghi will end up in the Premier League anyway and I’d rather not see Chelsea or United get themselves a top coach. Whereas Xabi will probably not coach in the EPL unless it’s us.

Back
Top Bottom