• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who's going to demand a transfer at the end of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Trent, VvD, Mo sure to expire in 2025 and Thiago, Matip and Adrian's are expiring at the end of the season. Konate, Robbo, Philips and Kelleher are 2026.

Obviously the choice of the new manager is absolutely key. This is why I think it must be someone the player's know and respect. Xabi the runaway leader in terms of what we require on many levels.

First off I don't see Trent going regardless of the new manager - he's captain and local. He'll stay and re-sign, maybe with a get out clause though.

VvD - I could see this one as being more difficult. However if we have a winning season (2 trophies, maybe the PL title) I can see him giving the new manager a season before deciding. If it's Xabi he may re-sign anyway - with a get out clause.

Mo - gone to Saudi. His sale will refund the continuation of the rebuild. I think he'll go because under Klopp he knows he's a guaranteed starter. He likely wouldn't be under Xabi or another, younger, manager.

Thiago, Adrian and now Matip will all leave. Freeing up valuable overseas player slots.

Philips, Kelleher will both leave.

Robbo is happy here, he'll stay. Ditto Konate who we'll likely tie down to a new contract with him, Quansah, Gomez and a new CB the foundation of our defence over the next few years.

So nothing totally unexpected. Mo was always up in the air. VvD maybe the only one that'll be unclear, though he's very happy here, so for him at least it'll probably depend on what we do this season and who we appoint.

The one I fear lossing the most and probably the hardest to replace, Alisson Becker.

Seems to have a tight bond with Klopp. Has won it all and might fancy a new challenge.

That's a good shout.. the Brazilian contingent is reducing. Tafferel presumably will leave too.

He's loyal so probably wouldn't publically demand a transfer though.

There’s no way of knowing at this stage.

New manager could come in and tell Trent he wants to utilise him as a more traditional RB and doesn’t want to play him in midfield or use a hybrid system - Trent might decide to move on.

New manager might come in an decide Trent should be moved into midfield at Slobbers expense, so Slobvers decides to request a transfer.

New manager might decide to play a false 9 and fuck Darwin off.

New manager might decide to go 3 at the back and fuck Virgil off, or a new manager/DoF might decide Virgil’s on worth a reduced salary contract or that Mo deserves a 4 year bumper contract to tie him to the club forever.

Everything is going to change - how much is the question and there’s no way to answer it.

Ideally yes - they follow sensible advice from you - but the new management team might run with the musings of some of our more “variable” thinkers.

There’s no way of knowing at this stage.

New manager could come in and tell Trent he wants to utilise him as a more traditional RB and doesn’t want to play him in midfield or use a hybrid system - Trent might decide to move on.

New manager might come in an decide Trent should be moved into midfield at Slobbers expense, so Slobvers decides to request a transfer.

New manager might decide to play a false 9 and fuck Darwin off.

New manager might decide to go 3 at the back and fuck Virgil off, or a new manager/DoF might decide Virgil’s on worth a reduced salary contract or that Mo deserves a 4 year bumper contract to tie him to the club forever.

Everything is going to change - how much is the question and there’s no way to answer it.

Ideally yes - they follow sensible advice from you - but the new management team might run with the musings of some of our more “variable” thinkers.
This is exactly what worries me and why I made the Souness comparison.

The one I fear lossing the most and probably the hardest to replace, Alisson Becker.

Seems to have a tight bond with Klopp. Has won it all and might fancy a new challenge.
30th June 2027 is his contract's end date. I don't think a new manager would entertain him departing any time soon.

I'll try and be positive (for a change).

Firstly, Liverpool is not quite the Liverpool pre-Klopp. We are considered a top team (though perhaps not for much longer... damn you Klopp!) and all our players are very well paid. There isn't the same need to leave as there was for guys like Suarez, Torres et al... unless it's a lifestyle / family thing.

Secondly, we're not really stacked with star players that the top tier rich clubs would be desperate to land.

The main candidates are Salah, VVD, TAA and Alisson.

TAA and Alisson are the biggest concerns but TAA being a local, you'd hope would stay, and Alisson.. the only clubs that could afford him have "name" keepers anyways. So hopefully, all good on that front.

Salah and VVD are in the twilight of the careers and whilst we might want to maintain continuinity, we're going to need to replace them in the next couple years anyways. I can see VVD staying if the new manager seems decent... though Barca on a free could be on the table. Salah, depends on his options I guess. Again, I could see Barca being interested if he was on a free.

Dont think its a given Salah moves to Saudi. Even more so after how so many players have struggled there after their moves and the fact that Salah can play at a top level for a few more years.

If Xabi comes in I’d think Salah would be insanely good as 1 of the 2 in the 3-4-2-1 behind the striker.

The amount of renewals pending is an issue with Klopp going now and also FSG's current level of commitment, attempting to sell the club so publically last season was poorly handled and you wonder what impact this has had on the everyone within the club at the top level?
Although, I don't see Salah going to Saudi, think US, Spain or France is more likely.

If Xabi comes it will be fine .

That being said. I wrekon Thiago could be the next manager or have some involvement in some way . Player Manager or coach maybe

He has been heavily involved with the coaching behind the scenes whilst he has been injured, so I believe.

That being said. I wrekon Thiago could be the next manager or have some involvement in some way . Player Manager or coach maybe

He has been heavily involved with the coaching behind the scenes whilst he has been injured, so I believe.
Great shout, it maybe a left field choice but with support of existing squad. I wonder how long they have known?

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

This is exactly what worries me and why I made the Souness comparison.

I'm getting moyes at manure vibes from the whole coaching staff being replaced. Some continuity should have been kept in place, just for the inside track on personalities, hierarchies, idiosyncracies, and a sympathetic ear for the squad. Weird.

I'm getting moyes at manure vibes from the whole coaching staff being replaced. Some continuity should have been kept in place, just for the inside track on personalities, hierarchies, idiosyncracies, and a sympathetic ear for the squad. Weird.
That's why I like the idea of trying to get Milner to come back.

This is partly why Thiago may likely have some involvement in the transition...

It's common knowledge he is well looked up to and very much part of the squad.

He will supply just that.

There is just this thing about his contract however.

We should do everything to keep some form of continuity at the club. Thiago was Xabi's midfield partner at Bayern. So keep him around add Milner. We really need to keep it as in house as possible. Thats the best kind of transition imo.

Last edited:
Xabi Will want his own boys.. For sure. Only so far you can go with that..
Milner id see more coaching and developing young players.

But the link with Thiago may be key here.

The glue that hold it all together as part of the transition.

Doesn't he also speak 7 languages or something. ?

Also think Alisson, it feels like he’s Klopps number one man amongst the players. He’s also at the age where he might think he can almost have a second career at another club and now is the perfect time.

Could definitely see him playing until his late 30’s somewhere a bit more relaxed. Or just jumping straight to somewhere like Bayern or Madrid. There aren’t a lot of truly competitive European clubs around at the moment which might help us.

Trent wont leave and Virgil will sign an extension.

Moyes was a Fergie appoinment though. Klopp has said he wont be involved.
Krawietz was always gonna move on when Klopp left. Lijnders has had an eye on a return to being a manager.
Matos could have stayed though, thats true.

Your goal for 2024 is to spell check and spell reckon right each time.

Write it down 10 times on a piece of paper.. before Tom explodes.

I cannot see any major departures on the horizon. We have a squad capable of challenging for the league. We be back in the CL next season and hopefully win some cups this year. VVD and Trent made captains, etc.

The growth of the Saudi League is stalling at best and Hendersons experience will be on their mind.

Unless it's family related or they get a wage offer we can't compete with we should be able to get they key players tied down for a few years yet.

The South American contingent of Alisson, Nunez, Mac Allister all seem pretty tight, too.

You could definitely see Agents and other clubs seeing an opportunity here with this doubt.

I don’t have 100% confidence fsg wont bungle this up. We will see

You can’t go from Klopp to a disciplinarian asshole for sure. Has to be someone they respect. And someone they can connect with.

I'll try and be positive (for a change).

Firstly, Liverpool is not quite the Liverpool pre-Klopp. We are considered a top team (though perhaps not for much longer... damn you Klopp!) and all our players are very well paid. There isn't the same need to leave as there was for guys like Suarez, Torres et al... unless it's a lifestyle / family thing.

Secondly, we're not really stacked with star players that the top tier rich clubs would be desperate to land.

Ditto.

There aren't many teams out there stature and financial ability wise who could prise players away from us as easily as say back then during the Barca-Coutinho saga, are there?

Besides, there's also the need/requirement factor of those clubs - e.g. goalie position isn't a concern for most of them i.e. Courtois @ RM, Ter Stegen @ Barca, Donnarumma @PSG.

If I am forced into a wager, then TAA to Real Madrid (as a replacement for Carvajal) and Allison to Bayern Munich (as a replacement for Neuer) are the main concerns/possibilities.

New manager comes in and decides to stamp his authority on the side with a new younger spine - Alisson, Robbo, Virgil & Mo are the ones getting replaced.

It always happens that some players leave. Whoever it is will want to stamp their own identity on the team.

Trent wont leave and Virgil will sign an extension.

Moyes was a Fergie appoinment though. Klopp has said he wont be involved.
Krawietz was always gonna move on when Klopp left. Lijnders has had an eye on a return to being a manager.
Matos could have stayed though, thats true.
Matos leaving is a shame. Seems he is excellent at identifying and developing young talent. Our academy seems in better shape than it has in years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom