• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Women’s World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after listening to Talksport these past few days I thought England was just gonna stroll into the arena and walk away with the trophy.

Also, I find it strange that they left Lauren James on the bench.

If Salah was suspended for two games and returned for the CL final, you better believe he'd be in the starting line up.

Well after listening to Talksport these past few days I thought England was just gonna stroll into the arena and walk away with the trophy.

Also, I find it strange that they left Lauren James on the bench.

If Salah was suspended for two games and returned for the CL final, you better believe he'd be in the starting line up.

Where he'd be largely ineffective.

From what I saw of the game Spain dominated and kept possession well in the England half. When England got forward the ball would be back in their half in no time. No threat, and the manager or the midfield lost that game in the middle. England not getting forward (from what I saw)

Spain should have been a player down for the last part of the game. Paraluello (sp?) was already on a yellow and kicked the ball away about, what? 15 minutes from the final whistle. Mandatory yellow and would have been her second, but the referee just ignored it.

That said, it was Spain who played the better football all the way through. England's sheer effort rattled them in the second half but they came back from that too.

She's got bigger things on her mind unfortunately. Seems the poor lass found out after the game that her father had passed away.

Señor Carmona RIP.

She's got bigger things on her mind unfortunately. Seems the poor lass found out after the game that her father had passed away.

Señor Carmona RIP.
I think they are different plyers JJ
Sad for the player who lost her dad for sure.
He died on Friday after a long illness seemingly but her family waited until after the game to let her know

As an aside.
I really like the way the ref was miked up and explained her reasoning behind awarding the penalty to Spain in yesterdays final.
A little transparency goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom