• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Women’s World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until now I'd have given David Moores, God rest him, and Rick Parry the gold medal for failing to capitalise on an amazing win.

Spanish coaching staff all resign..

Except the coach.. who just signed a new 4 year deal.

Sheesh.

Talk about implosion..

I think Alonso should have sued Gerrard.

I regret saying this, but is this really that big of a deal, considering circumstance. Mid celebrations, world cup winners for the first time. Couldn't it just be an idiot being too happy or something?

I regret saying this, but is this really that big of a deal, considering circumstance. Mid celebrations, world cup winners for the first time. Couldn't it just be an idiot being too happy or something?
No no he could not. And it’s not comparable at all. Fucking hell Modo.

No no he could not. And it’s not comparable at all. Fucking hell Modo.

I'm not saying that it's right, I'm fucking Swedish, I'm as uptight as can be (we shake hands with our mothers), but these are Mediterranean people, aren't they more colourful and passionate or whatever. They greet each other with kisses on the cheeks.

I'm also not saying that he handled it correctly, but isn't this in the "sincere apology" category instead of "lose your job and get publicly executed" ?

I'm not saying that it's right, I'm fucking Swedish, I'm as uptight as can be (we shake hands with our mothers), but these are Mediterranean people, aren't they more colourful and passionate or whatever. They greet each other with kisses on the cheeks.

I'm also not saying that he handled it correctly, but isn't this in the "sincere apology" category instead of "lose your job and get publicly executed" ?
You are ignoring his history and the fact that a full on 'holding the face with both hands to plant a massive kiss on her lips' is in no way comparable to kisses on cheeks - even for Spanish/Italians !

Shaking hands with your mothers? That is hilarious !

You are ignoring his history and the fact that a full on 'holding the face with both hands to plant a massive kiss on her lips' is in no way comparable to kisses on cheeks - even for Spanish/Italians !

Shaking hands with your mothers? That is hilarious !

History of abuse or corruption or both?

I haven't really been following this.

They don’t kiss on the lips to basically strangers. And maybe yes it would be sincere apology but he hasn’t just ignored that line he’s actively attacked her and blamed her. It’s clear many are using this as an excuse for a pile on as he’s a piece of shit but it’s also absolutely a sackable offence imo.

He could and should have said that, and I think a lot less people would be angry about it...
"I got carried away in the moment of such a great achievement, I didn't mean to overstep the mark, not something I normally do, I apologize for making her feel uncomfortable etc etc". He chose to do pretty much the opposite...

He could and should have said that, and I think a lot less people would be angry about it...
"I got carried away in the moment of such a great achievement, I didn't mean to overstep the mark, not something I normally do, I apologize for making her feel uncomfortable etc etc". He chose to do pretty much the opposite...
Yeah this is what I meant

You aren't too far away from what actually happened if you put all the pictures together.

She grabbed him, he grabbed her.. they lifted each other up admist a congratulatory hug. Then he grabbed her face and planted a kiss on her. All in about 10 seconds.

It was a moment which the Rubiales got too carried away.

It is comparable with "kissing strangers in an act of jubilation" in years gone by.

Problem is two fold

A) It's really not socially acceptable anymore.
B) He should have publically apologised, said he got carried away, he was over joyed at the success etc etc. He's since been humbled etc.

Problem is now, he doubled down in that imfamous speech.

"I will not resign, I will not resign, I will not resign"

Looking around the room

-All males over 50 were clapping in support
-All males under 50 were shuffling awkwardly in their seats
- All women were looking like they wanted to kill him

And that's the problem we have right now. There is a generation gap and cancel culture.

But Rubiales response to this has left him zero wiggle room and he needs to go.

Just my tuppence worth.

You aren't too far away from what actually happened if you put all the pictures together.

She grabbed him, he grabbed her.. they lifted each other up admist a congratulatory hug. Then he grabbed her face and planted a kiss on her. All in about 10 seconds.

It was a moment which the Rubiales got too carried away.

It is comparable with "kissing strangers in an act of jubilation" in years gone by.

Problem is two fold

A) It's really not socially acceptable anymore.
B) He should have publically apologised, said he got carried away, he was over joyed at the success etc etc. He's since been humbled etc.

Problem is now, he doubled down in that imfamous speech.

"I will not resign, I will not resign, I will not resign"

Looking around the room

-All males over 50 were clapping in support
-All males under 50 were shuffling awkwardly in their seats
- All women were looking like they wanted to kill him

And that's the problem we have right now. There is a generation gap and cancel culture.

But Rubiales response to this has left him zero wiggle room and he needs to go.

Just my tuppence worth.

Oh wow. Seems like the dude dug his own grave.
Nice summary.

My trail of thought right now:

8bb75cce-be3f-4c83-89f4-e831de682544_text.gif

Before:

Legendary_kiss_V%E2%80%93J_day_in_Times_Square_Alfred_Eisenstaedt.jpg

Now:

ImpishSpotlessChickadee-max-1mb.gif

I kinda get what Modo is saying, heat of the moment and all that, but I also know there's no fucking way I'd have done it. Especially now, but I wouldn't have done it thirty years ago either. It's a total abuse of power.

In thirty years of employing people I've never even pecked any member of staff on the cheek. I've had it the other way round when something has gone really well or really badly but I've never reciprocated because there's clearly a dynamic at play. He's a fucking wrongun.

History of abuse or corruption or both?

I haven't really been following this.

Well, for one thing he was holding his crotch during the game while standing in the box with the Spanish Queen and her teenage daughter:
F4DsCAIXkAAwmIk

Then during the trophy presentation even before he got to Hermoso he made people watching the presentation uncomfortable by being way too touchy-touchy with the players, kissing their necks and holding for too long.

And judging by the reaction of the women’s team and others, this was just a last straw in a string of many incidents that were not public rather than a simple misunderstanding. By all accounts, he is a toxic, vindictive, self-centered man who will take everyone down with him when faced with losing power. Latest case in point:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom