• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Women's World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
22eab4d46d3470f66bf1241626f25300.jpg

England won 2 -1 against Scotland

Van Dijk scored for France in a 4 nil win

Italy narrowly beat the Aussies

Anyone watching it ???

Nah me neither..

If I was a betting man, I'm guessing one of the following will win: China, Brazil, US and/or NOrway.

China were cack against Germany but it's hard to know exactly what that means because the football is awful in general

Can't tell if you are being serious.

I mean, have you read SCM before? Is sexism now suddenly out of bounds?! What next, no mocking Everton?
I dunno just felt a bit unnecessary. The "Van Dyke" one was funny though

I must be a sexist ol bastard cos i am finding it annoying reading the Grauniad and seeing constant articles about womens Footy....I Truly am so uninterested i find the clutter tedious

If you don't like it, just treat it like any other sport you don't like.

I hate rugby, but I don't get all wound up when the 6 nations or world cup are on and its all over the papers, TV & internet - I just ignore it.

There's some misogynist bollocks in this thread

If you don't like it, just treat it like any other sport you don't like.

I hate rugby, but I don't get all wound up when the 6 nations or world cup are on and its all over the papers, TV & internet - I just ignore it.

There's some misogynist bollocks in this thread
Yes, I take Your Point But If You Click To Go To The Footy Pages You Get WomenS Footy ....
And When Typing Using Tv Remote Control Im Getting Capitalized Every Word As If The Topic And My Comments Are Salient When I Dont Give A Shit At All Really

Yes, I take Your Point But If You Click To Go To The Footy Pages You Get WomenS Footy ....
And When Typing Using Tv Remote Control Im Getting Capitalized Every Word As If The Topic And My Comments Are Salient When I Dont Give A Shit At All Really
Why on earth would you type using a TV remote control?!

Would it not be easier to just use a phone than a smartphone browser?

Yeah, womens football has developed a lot over the recent years. Our best player, and probably the best player in the World, Ada Hegerberg, has said a big no thanks to the international team. Very sad that, she’s a fantastic player.

I've seen a couple of games and highlights of others and it's been mostly very good.
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like theres been a jump in quality since the Euros two years ago, and that's a very good thing. It's never going to be as good, or even close, to men's football, but it improving as it is is a great thing as its starting to become quite watchable.

I've watched womens football for years. I get hooked in and then disappointed, every time. It's just extremely frustrating to watch.

It was on at a bar I was at yesterday, and I have to say the quality was surprisingly good. It's not for me though. I can barely watch any non-Liverpool football anyway though, unless it's just highlights.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like theres been a jump in quality since the Euros two years ago, and that's a very good thing. It's never going to be as good, or even close, to men's football, but it improving as it is is a great thing as its starting to become quite watchable.
No, it won't be up to the standard as the men's. Well, the physical aspect won't be, I don't see any reason why the skill levels won't be the same. Which could then arguably mean that it'll be better to watch...

Anyway, even if it doesn't get to the same level, the average pro female player will still be better than 99.99% of the general male population but it still won't stop them from saying that it's shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom