• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

1 hour.........Done fam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know we all like to laugh at Ballague and the fact that he talks site most of the time but I though it odd that he tweeted tonight that we never were really in for Lemar.
This after he regurgitated all the guff that was coming from the Liverpool mouthpiece journalists about bids, medical teams, etc.
Why would he say that?
It's been pretty much confirmed we never bid for van dijk.
Who really knows what's going on but it's far from implausible that us fans are been played.

damn fucking right

But as in my earlier post I see far more, significantly more, positives than negatives.

In fact when you look at the 'top 6' I think our business is only bettered by the Scum who sorted out their business early and sat back. Chelsea, arsenal and (to a certain extent) Spurs have had a mare. City have 'trod water'
Don't forget United have been chasing Peresic* all Summer ... and guess what ?

*thanks Count !

Now I know we all like to laugh at Ballague and the fact that he talks site most of the time but I though it odd that he tweeted tonight that we never were really in for Lemar.
This after he regurgitated all the guff that was coming from the Liverpool mouthpiece journalists about bids, medical teams, etc.
Why would he say that?
Who really knows what's going on but it's far from implausible that us fans are being played.
That depends if you want to believe Ballaque or the very reliable Pearce and co.

Why would he say that?
Who really knows what's going on but it's far from implausible that us fans are been played.

I think this info would have come from the French journos if it was true.
They reported about the interest and bids as well.

I think this info would have come from the French journos if it was true.
They reported about the interest and bids as well.
I don't really know.
Journos just tend to repeat stories they hear from other journos.
Hence bullshit can spread like wildfire.

And they eat one leg and that legs infected they perish and he lives but only has one leg

and his son gets braindamaged and paralysed so he just sits in his high chair and drools and cuntinho has to feed him slop with a plastic spoon.

And just when they think they're getting better it turns out some frozen latent parasite crawled up their nobholes on the mountain and it wakes up and hatches in their skulls and makes them think the leg they've got left is really the leg they lost so they constantly fall over at inconvenient times

and all his family turn up and the mood is just awful. serious faces all over like it's a funeral. the silence occasionally broken by a splat of drool hitting the floor from cuntinho's braindead and paralysed son who he thought might be a great footballer one day.

But they can't even do anything coz they're ghosts. Not cool ghosts like off the telly. Shit ghosts with no mates who just go on about how shit being a ghost is

I hope Coutinho's fucking plane crashes with his fucking mum and brothers on it and they have to eat the cunt in the mountains to survive

I just woke up and read that as they have to eat her cunt to survive, I didn't even think it was wrong as you typed it ha.

Can't fucking believe we haven't addressed CB, GK and LB properly all summer. What a shambles.

Ya we'll score goals but we'll still be leaky as fuck at the back.

My only hope now is that Gomez moves to CB and steps up.

a) who knows what Monaco would have agreed to, for sure you and I don't. So just because a club says 100m ! It doesn't actually always mean that as you well know.
b) It's ridiculous to even contemplate that we weren't in for VVD given what's gone before .. not actually lodging a bid means nothing. We'd have been in touch to see if a bid was welcome.

Neither of those are particularly taxing to fathom out.

A) We bid £55m then about £65m by all accounts, and would have been prepared to go another £10m-ish and maybe work the loan of Origi there too (£6m value). That may have been enough to get him (£81m), it may not, we'll never know as we didn't bid that last amount in the end. The price banded about by Monaco though, who incidentally got the fees they were looking for on every other player to leave this summer, was £92M/€100M and wouldn't you know that's the fee that they and Arsenal agreed tonight, but the player didn't want that move.

B) Why is it ridiculous when club sources/close journos who were right about Salah, Ox and Robertson said we weren't, and we had previously issued an apology regarding an approach earlier in the summer? We probably were waiting on a green light, but again it's no good saying we'd have bid £70M if we never put the bloody bid in! And does that stop us targeting other players? Does that mean the most pressing concern in our squad is not defence? As it has been for a while now.

£34m Net spend!

Christ!

Deadline day summary so far:
  • Tottenham signed Fernando Llorente and Serge Aurier
  • Ross Barkley rejected a move from Everton to Chelsea
  • Alexis Sanchez is staying at Arsenal, who did not manage to land Thomas Lemar
  • Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain completed his move to Liverpool
  • Wilfried Bony has returned to Swansea from Manchester City
  • Swansea also secured Renato Sanches on loan
  • Kylian Mbappe’s loan from Monaco to PSG was confirmed
Drinkwater, Adrien Silva and Mamadou Sakho transfers STILL not confirmed, nobody knows why. A bit worried about Sakho.

UPD: Drinkwater confirmed

Last edited:
The Club may have tidy numbers this year on the back of this business..

And next year when they sell wee phil.

Multiple years of financial growth makes it easier to sell a business for a healthy profit.(™ Localny)

Disappointing summer in some ways, good in others. Salah looks a goal scorer, and I'm a sucker for pace in the team. Oxlade-chamberlain is a good addition, (I fucking hate that nickname 'The Ox' too Arsenal for me) although a lot of money for someone with only 12 months left in a contract. The fact he supposedly told Arsenal and Chelsea to go fuck themselves is always good.

Solanke looks promising, Robertson too. I'm not a fan of Moreno, but he seems to be in Klopps good books after pre season, so he deserves a chance to impress ( although his apparent complete ineptitude of understanding tactics and defensive knowhow are so frustrating) I was done with him after the Europa league final, but if he's here for the foreseeable I dearly hope he shows some improvement.

The fact we haven't bought a centre half is exasperating, is van dijk literally the only one who could have improved us?! Hopefully this doesn't back fire, and if he is truly the one Klopp wants I hope we manage to get him in the next window. We need an addition at the heart of defence, a leader/organiser or someone who is more arsed about keeping the ball out of the net over how their hair/celebrations look (looking at you Lovren)

Good business with Keita, actually shows some forward planning by the owners/lizards/overlords (delete as applicable)

I expect Coutinho to come back into the squad and claim not all was what it seems, anyway fuck him he's signed a long term contract and needs to prove his worth all over again.

Looking forward to the season and being in the champions league again, the front three of Salah/Mane/Firmino is potentially terrifying. Its the amount of times that front three will be able to play together that worries me, as injuries/fatigue will take its toll.

On a final note I'm very hopeful over Alex-Arnold, I don't see his long term future at full back, but as 'Klopp fullbacks' are basically attacking midfielders anyway, I'm excited to see his progression over the next 12 months.

A) We bid £55m then about £65m by all accounts, and would have been prepared to go another £10m-ish and maybe work the loan of Origi there too (£6m value). That may have been enough to get him (£81m), it may not, we'll never know as we didn't bid that last amount in the end. The price banded about by Monaco though, who incidentally got the fees they were looking for on every other player to leave this summer, was £92M/€100M and wouldn't you know that's the fee that they and Arsenal agreed tonight, but the player didn't want that move.

B) Why is it ridiculous when club sources/close journos who were right about Salah, Ox and Robertson said we weren't, and we had previously issued an apology regarding an approach earlier in the summer? We probably were waiting on a green light, but again it's no good saying we'd have bid £70M if we never put the bloody bid in! And does that stop us targeting other players? Does that mean the most pressing concern in our squad is not defence? As it has been for a while now.

£34m Net spend!

Christ!
a) It isn't about what Monaco wanted or agreed with Arsenal .. it's whether we bid and that is a categorical YES.

b) It's ridiculous because Klopp met him and everyone but everyone knows he was and is still, our #1 CB target. Whether a bid was made or not is irrelevant, if Southampton had given the green light he'd be playing in Liverpool's red now.

Can't be arsed with this any more. It's more than clear that we were after them. Anyway I'm off to plan my photography / video for tonight's Aurora .... it's a G1 (minor storm, KP5 - you could even see it in Scotland after midnight) and very visible where we are (Lofoten, Norway), if the clouds move on, so hopefully there'll be fireworks in the sky !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom