• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

1 hour.........Done fam

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd have spent the money on Lemar if Monaco agreed, but our last bid was £20M-ish short. We didn't bid for VVD according to many sources, and nowhere has it been suggested (beyond a tenuous link to Howedes for a couple of days) did we have another defensive target. So yeah, not really sure how you're getting "we would have dropped £160M" from that.

Once again, as the window is shutting our net spend is about £34M. That's better than being net neutral, like last year, and I'd argue for the most part we've been spending well of late but it's still crap given how much our revenues have grown and that we're back in the champion's league.

Exactly!

Football charlatans.
Bought us on the cheap and had one decent summer of spending in almost 7 years.
In which they demanded instant success from.
It's a profit machine for them nothing else.

I'm 80:20 on the window to date

Good Stuff:

• Couthino still a red
  • Salah
  • Solanke
  • Lucas out for money
  • Origi no longer a bench option + £6M

OK:

• Robertson
  • Ox
  • Sakho sold (but too cheap)
  • Keita 'reserved'

Fair
  • Good loan for Kent (Would've been happy for him to stay)

Shit
  • no CB
  • Can hasn't resigned
  • Markovic not even on loan
If Can does sign in the next couple of days then I go to 85:15. Just pissed off that we think there is only one CB in the whole fucking universe that is worth buying which is obvious total bollocks

We will be awesomely terrifying going forward but suspect at the back. So shades of 2014/15

Last edited:
Players with expiring contracts:

61dc71409a913972fcddba6ec9910155.jpg

I wouldn't mind a few of them.
Sanchez
Barkley coming over to the real team in Liverpool. Might just be his plan...
Emre Can isn't too shabby...

I can see a lot of negative stuff in here and I don't really get it. I don't measure a window by the amount spent but on the improvement in the team squad. My frustration is in the limitation we seem to have set on the area of greatest concern (CB).

Surely we needed the Coutinho money prior to buying Vvd and someone else

The fact that hasnt materialised must have bearing on todays lack of big signings

Chelsea desperately trying to sign Danny drinkwater & have apparently been told they can have an extra couple of hours to get the signing done.

What's the point in a fucking deadline then?!

We'd have spent the money on Lemar if Monaco agreed, but our last bid was £20M-ish short. We didn't bid for VVD according to many sources, and nowhere has it been suggested (beyond a tenuous link to Howedes for a couple of days) did we have another defensive target. So yeah, not really sure how you're getting "we would have dropped £160M" from that.

Once again, as the window is shutting our net spend is about £34M. That's better than being net neutral, like last year, and I'd argue for the most part we've been spending well of late but it's still crap given how much our revenues have grown and that we're back in the champion's league.
a) who knows what Monaco would have agreed to, for sure you and I don't. So just because a club says 100m ! It doesn't actually always mean that as you well know.
b) It's ridiculous to even contemplate that we weren't in for VVD given what's gone before .. not actually lodging a bid means nothing. We'd have been in touch to see if a bid was welcome.

Neither of those are particularly taxing to fathom out.

I can see a lot of negative stuff in here and I don't really get it. I don't measure a window by the amount spent but on the improvement in the team squad. My frustration is in the limitation we seem to have set on the area of greatest concern (CB).
I think youve answered yourself there really

I think youve answered yourself there really

But as in my earlier post I see far more, significantly more, positives than negatives.

In fact when you look at the 'top 6' I think our business is only bettered by the Scum who sorted out their business early and sat back. Chelsea, arsenal and (to a certain extent) Spurs have had a mare. City have 'trod water'

Now I know we all like to laugh at Ballague and the fact that he talks site most of the time but I though it odd that he tweeted tonight that we never were really in for Lemar.
This after he regurgitated all the guff that was coming from the Liverpool mouthpiece journalists about bids, medical teams, etc.
Why would he say that?
It's been pretty much confirmed we never bid for van dijk.
Who really knows what's going on but it's far from implausible that us fans are being played.

Rumour is Coutinho has locked himself in his bedroom blasting Queens 'Barcelona' over and over in a final act of defiance. He's refusing to come out! Fucking childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom