• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

1 hour.........Done fam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said we can get a CB in the winter transfer window.
Hopefully Matip and Lovren can last till then

Why do you think we'll be able to do then what we've failed so miserably to do now?

Even if we do, it will likely be too late by then... As somebody has said before me, a really good CB signing would have been the difference between us being team that should get a CL spot and do ok in Europe this season and having genuine aspirations to compete in both. We're close. And we've failed horribly.

Why are folk so confident of hanging on until Jan etc? I don't see us buying anyone in Jan. Didn't Klopp come out and say it's very hard to buy in Jan? Or am I making that up?

Why do you think we'll be able to do then what we've failed so miserably to do now?

Even if we do, it will likely be too late by then... As somebody has said before me, a really good CB signing would have been the difference between us being team that should get a CL spot and do ok in Europe this season and having genuine aspirations to compete in both. We're close. And we've failed horribly.
I agree, but there's a lot football to be played after Christmas. We rotate for the league cup, play basically the same strong team in the CL and the League. We'll be just fine.
If we have let's say, VD done by January 1, he won't be cup tied for the FA cup or the CL. Yeah it's not ideal signing someone mid season but it's better than nothing. So it's not over yet. Let's just wait and see how we fuck it up the next time.
And let's pray that Matip stays fit.

Shithouses.
They are profiteers and nothing more.

Never would they have had a better chance to really go for it.

It does sound bad when you look at it like that, but they have secured some really good fees over those same windows - covering their arses on Benteke and (more than) Sakho for example.

So because they're good at recouping money spent on shite players we should ignore the fact that they're not investing in the side? Bollocks.

This club makes serious fucking bank. We may not be able to compete with the clubs owned by oil states or oligarchs, but we can blow most everyone else out of the water.

I'm sick of people making excuses for a lack of investment in the team.

On Fifa right now I bang 80m offers on Sanchez, Lemar, Mbappe, Dolberg, Draxler, Meyer etc
Wait for them all to agree and then pick who I need the most.

Come on you fucking stingy cunts! Be more fucking video gamey!!

I agree, but there's a lot football to be played after Christmas. We rotate for the league cup, play basically the same strong team in the CL and the League. We'll be just fine.
If we have let's say, VD done by January 1, he won't be cup tied for the FA cup or the CL. Yeah it's not ideal signing someone mid season but it's better than nothing. So it's not over yet. Let's just wait and see how we fuck it up the next time.
And let's pray that Matip stays fit.
Sorry mate - No faith in them getting anything right in January when they've had all summer to get it done in the first place...

And Matip is not the answer - He's just the least shit CB that we have.

They took over when we had Hodgson and were buying the likes of Poulson. We now have one of the best attacks in European football. We have a corking new stand. We have one of the best coaches in the game. Chimpanzee skeleton cat food fucks.

Imagine how much better our side would be if we spent more than 7m a window though?!

We are not a company with an obligation to shareholders to make a profit & give dividends, we're a football club who exist to win trophies. Investing in the side is how we win those trophies.

Adrian Silva is at Leicester.
Anyone know about him?
Call his agent make it happen. He cant be worse than Klavan

So because they're good at recouping money spent on shite players we should ignore the fact that they're not investing in the side? Bollocks.

This club makes serious fucking bank. We may not be able to compete with the clubs owned by oil states or oligarchs, but we can blow most everyone else out of the water.

I'm sick of people making excuses for a lack of investment in the team.

Not what I said at all, pal. Nice little knee-jerk you've got there.

I wish they'd spent more over that time too, perhaps we'd be closer to our rivals.

But it's not quite as cut and dried as bitching and moaning about a £7m net spend. They've recouped some serious fees on dross, repeatedly broken our record as well as buying players in that same bracket and have gone through the churn of what - five managers is it? They've also saved us from the brink of administration and redeveloped the stadium all while trying to cut a seriously inflated wage bill when compared to the quality of playing staff. They've been very naive at times with who they've put their trust in (I'm looking at you, Damien!) and they need more footballing knowledge at the upper levels.

And where's all this 'serious bank' shite coming from?! I'm sure someone here (Rossco, probably?) said that the club had only just begun to turn a profit.

Look at what they inherited. It's not quite as simple as you might like it to be. Still, we could be Arsenal.

It's not excuses for lack of investment, it's just trying to take a balanced view.

Imagine how much better our side would be if we spent more than 7m a window though?!

We are not a company with an obligation to shareholders to make a profit & give dividends, we're a football club who exist to win trophies. Investing in the side is how we win those trophies.

We weren't far off not being a football club at all before they came in.

Look, you guys might be tin-foil hat wearing types who think we deliberately went for massively expensive players who they banked on failing to sign knowing the clubs would refuse to sell to us. We were prepared to buy VVD at 60-70m, making him the most expensive defender in history, we signed two players at 35m, club record signings, and have signed the best young midfielder out there, albeit for next season, for about 70m. We were focused on targets and perhaps should have contingency plans, but those were errors rather than FSG hiding the wallet. I think they're good owners who are still learning. I think they planned to make us the best team possible in this transfer window, at any cost.

Fair point well made.

They've done some serious good shit. We're a much better side & much better club now.

However I'm sick of people ignoring the lack of investment in the playing side. This season, this window is pivotal in the long term for our club, & we have a manager we trust implicitly. There's no better time to state our intentions & make a splash, bolster the entire side & go balls deep for the league.

Proper investment will be required to get us back on the world stage, short of another 2005 style miracle.

Fair point well made.

They've done some serious good shit. We're a much better side & much better club now.

However I'm sick of people ignoring the lack of investment in the playing side. This season, this window is pivotal in the long term for our club, & we have a manager we trust implicitly. There's no better time to state our intentions & make a splash, bolster the entire side & go balls deep for the league.

Proper investment will be required to get us back on the world stage, short of another 2005 style miracle.

I agree on that, especially as the TV money has levelled the playing field with even Everton chucking fat wedges around. Maybe this brave new world is a bit too flash Harry for our Moneyball owners.

But that's just bollocks. Because clearly we would have spent that money if the player's clubs had agreed. So your scenario isn't a true reflection at all.

We'd have spent the money on Lemar if Monaco agreed, but our last bid was £20M-ish short. We didn't bid for VVD according to many sources, and nowhere has it been suggested (beyond a tenuous link to Howedes for a couple of days) did we have another defensive target. So yeah, not really sure how you're getting "we would have dropped £160M" from that.

Once again, as the window is shutting our net spend is about £34M. That's better than being net neutral, like last year, and I'd argue for the most part we've been spending well of late but it's still crap given how much our revenues have grown and that we're back in the champion's league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom