• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2013-2014 Basketball Discussion

Karl Hungus

Making America Great Again.
Since @Rosco saw fit to inform me that the Trailblazers were having a decent season, I realized we had no place to discuss the ongoing season.

The Eastern Conference is a joke so far, and Durant is proving what we already knew, that he is not a game changer. So far I would have to say the MVP of the league is Russel Westbrook.

Portland will disappoint in the playoffs btw, the West is tougher than usual this year.

Ridiculous season for injuries, and we're not even halfway through.

Horford
Rondo
Brook Lopez
D Rose
Chris Paul
Kobe
Nash
Marc Gasol
Jrue Holiday
Ryan Anderson
Westbrook
Bledsoe

Not to mention all the time Wade's been missing. You could make a couple of all star teams with that list...

Toronto is in 4th, 1 game over .500. At one point only Indiana and Miami had winning records in the East. Unfair because they will probably have home court advantage in the finals only because their records are inflated because the East s so poor this year.

The East is a joke. Miami and Indiana should play the finals right now, and sort it out.

The West is a lot more interesting though. Thunder and the Blazers look terrific, but I'm picking the Warriors to be everyone's banana skin the playoffs. Curry is seriously balling this year, and Bogut and Iguodala have really changed their front court.

If Bledsoe hadn't gone out, I would've backed the Suns to really push for a top 4 spot in the West, and even surprise people in the playoffs. With him gone though, they'll struggle.

The NBA has grown on me a lot in the past few years. I rarely get to see coverage but I still love catching highlights.

I'll be heading to my first NBA game next month. Knicks v Warriors. Going to take in the Rangers and the Blackhawks the day before too.

Have fun Ross! I remember my first NBA and NHL games ... So much fun. You'll be in awe of how big and fast these guys are.

Yeah the sheer athleticism is what draws me to the NBA. (I must have a thing for big black men, and Blake Griffin)

I can't wait to see it in person.

I went to about a dozen Magic games when I was in Orlando at the end of the year.

I can safely state they are fucking shite.

The NBA has grown on me a lot in the past few years. I rarely get to see coverage but I still love catching highlights.

I'll be heading to my first NBA game next month. Knicks v Warriors. Going to take in the Rangers and the Blackhawks the day before too.

Check out an iphone app called Game Time - gives 5 min highlights for all games for free. Great app!

Since @Rosco saw fit to inform me that the Trailblazers were having a decent season, I realized we had no place to discuss the ongoing season.

The Eastern Conference is a joke so far, and Durant is proving what we already knew, that he is not a game changer. So far I would have to say the MVP of the league is Russel Westbrook.

Portland will disappoint in the playoffs btw, the West is tougher than usual this year.

Pretty harsh given the fucking year he's having.

Suns beat the Pacers twice within the space of a week. Without Bledsoe. Loving it.

I love Goran Dragic.

Pacers sign Bynum. What a waste of talent Bynum is. He should be the premier bigman in the league, instead he's being waived by team after team.

Maybe playing for a title contender motivates him again.

@Karl Hungus - surely you now rate Durant?
Heh, I get the feeling he doesn't really like Durant. Which is weird, I find him pretty likeable. He is also playing out of his mind.

This is the best chance Durant will get to win a title. OKC are the best in the West, and should be able to take care of Spurs. As for the East, Miami are below par with Wade and his injury problems, and the Pacers have shown their weakness is fast-paced teams.

I think Durant is a huge phony, and even worse than Durant is the media's fascination with him. I think he is hugely overrated. Regular season games pre-allstar break are meaningless to me.

Trade rumors that Pau Gasol could o to Phoenix, they have quietly put together a decent season and he would be a good addition for them.

I think Durant is a huge phony, and even worse than Durant is the media's fascination with him. I think he is hugely overrated. Regular season games pre-allstar break are meaningless to me.

He's going to be MVP this year

Of course he is, the media is obsessed with his weak ass. He won't be a champion this year though. Also there is no way he makes it in the NBA of even ten years ago, some of he "fouls" he draws are a disgrace, its supposed to be a physical game.

On a different note, I am excited by the possible re-emergence of the bigman in the NBA.

Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins and Andre Drummond leading the charge. That and Joel Embiid and Jahlil Okafor to come in the upcoming drafts.

I don't think I've ever been as excited about a draft prospect since LeBron as I am with Embiid. Barring injury, the kid is going to be sensational.

Anthony Davis has been playing well, there were a few commentators saying he should have been chosen for the all star team, he still might though as Kobe's replacement.

Do any of these big men play a real low post game though. I really can't say I have seen any of these guys actually try to post someone up.

Cousins is an excellent post player. If he weren't a headcase, he'd be a fucking star.

Davis and Drummond don't have post games yet, but their physical gifts are breathtaking.

Back
Top Bottom