• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2013-2014 Basketball Discussion

West Semi-Finals:

Spurs v. Blazers
Thunder v. Clippers

East Semi-Finals:

Pacers v. Wizards
Miami v. Brooklyn

Miami and Spurs certs to go through for me. OKC and Clippers will be tough to call. Could go to 7 again.

I think Wizards will give a fright to the Pacers.

The Hawks scared the Pacers ... The Wizards will probably too, though Hibbert kinda awakened in Game 7 ... If he can give 'em 17-12-3, they'll win comfortably.

Don't underestimate the Nets- they swept the Heat in regular season (1st time Lebron has ever been swept by any team in the regular season). They match up well against them ...

I think the West will go to 7 in each.

Hibbert is a mystery - surely he's injured? 0 points and 0 rebounds last night.

Wizards and Clippers both up in the first game. Both on the road

It's fucking odd, isn't it? Ever since he had his outburst, shit went wrong for him. It's not like he's a bad player either - really mind boggling.

Pacers lost 1st game against the Hawks - they'll go 7 here too I think.

Sterling's comments may have been the best thing for the Clips!

Hardly - he's no special player at all.

He averaged 10.8 PPG and 6.6 RPG in 30 mins in the regular season. Very ordinary offensive numbers, and absolutely abysmal rebounding numbers for a 7'2 player. Those are pretty much his career averages as well, both in the regular season and playoffs. The playoff series against Miami last year was just a pleasant aberration.

He's a good post defender, but I mean you've to have some sort of terrible work ethic if you can't average 10 boards when you're pretty much the biggest player in the NBA.

The dearth of big men in the NBA is so fucking acute that we've to consider someone who would've been a career back-up 15 years ago as one of the best big men today.

Since @Rosco saw fit to inform me that the Trailblazers were having a decent season, I realized we had no place to discuss the ongoing season.

The Eastern Conference is a joke so far, and Durant is proving what we already knew, that he is not a game changer. So far I would have to say the MVP of the league is Russel Westbrook.

Portland will disappoint in the playoffs btw, the West is tougher than usual this year.

MVP, along with dem stats? Really?

I see a rumour's floating about that Hibbert is fucked mentally because Paul George has been sleeping with his wife.

That just proves he is mentally week, remember when Kobe went off when he had the rape charges hanging over him? And last year during the playoffs, Tim Duncan was going through a nasty divorce, but he was still a machine. When you play at this level in any sport, or any business, you have to block that shit out.

MVP, along with dem stats? Really?

Its not all about numbers though. Look at Davis for New Orleans, they were sick, yet New Orleans is in the lottery. It is about who brings the most value to the team. Based on what happened in the playoffs last year when Westbrook was hurt how can you say Westbrook is not the most valuable player on that team.

Besides Durant's scoring numbers are inflated because of the insane disparity in free throw attempts for Durant.

Who do you fancy Wiz? I think it'll be Heat v. Spurs again.

If there's an 'upset', it's only in the east. Spurs will definitely win the West. Look forward to seeing the east - if Stephenson can harass wade enough, and Hibbert can get an average fo 20-10, it will go to 7.

Ibaka's out innit?

Thunder are fucked - Sam Presti's done a very good job with the kind of talent he has accumulated over the past 7 years. But that really needs to translate into a ring. I think they need to get rid of Scott Brooks - their half-court offense is terrible - isolation plays every time and poor ball movement.

For all the stick Durant takes of choking in the playoffs, no one seems to question the useless offensive schemes he's asked to play under.

[article]Kevin Love has made it clear to the Timberwolves that he intends to become an unrestricted free agent after next season and has no interest in a contract extension this summer to stay in Minnesota, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Although sources say Love has stopped short of demanding a trade, his position could effectively force the Timberwolves to deal the All-Star forward before next season -- or before the trade deadline in February 2015 at the latest -- if they hope to dodge the risk of losing him without compensation.[/article]

he's only 25!!!

Yes, he's the only bona fide star really up for a trade at the moment - but he's a free agent in a year, and teams will be wary of trading the house for him unless he commits. Love is from Los Angeles, so if it comes to free agency, he will have a huge preference for the Lakers. That's going to be a major consideration for any other team wanting to trade for him.

The Suns, for instance, have the cap room and assets to land a big player, but I'm not sure I want them to go after Love - not just because he could bolt in free agency - but also because he's not a very good defensive player. You're in trouble in the playoffs if your superstar plays only on one side of the floor.

The Suns, for instance, have the cap room and assets to land a big player, but I'm not sure I want them to go after Love - not just because he could bolt in free agency - but also because he's not a very good defensive player. You're in trouble in the playoffs if your superstar plays only on one side of the floor.

It worked for Dirk once (should have been twice but Wade was getting Jordan calls).

Dirk was an amazing offensive player though - with a talent level comparable to Kobe or Durant. Love is nowhere as talented offensively.

Dirk was an amazing offensive player though - with a talent level comparable to Kobe or Durant. Love is nowhere as talented offensively.

Still is ... I think he has to go down as the one of the greatest ever ... Will we ever see a 7'0" do what he did again (and still is doing)?

Pacers destroyed Miami ... They were never really in it ... IF they can get that kind of balance, ball movement and a 2nd rate effort from Miami players not named Wade and LeBron, they can win this ...

Game 1 in the bag, only 3 more to go.

Surprisingly Durant did not get many of his usual "fouls" committed against him. If the refs continue to call the game correctly, the Thunder are in trouble.

Cavs win No. 1 pick. Again! 3rd time in 4 years - an absolute joke of a franchise.

If they're back in the lottery again next year, the NBA should just disband them.

Hmm, Durant only takes 5 free throws and ends up with 15 total points, where is all the dynamic scoring. Like I said his numbers are inflated because of the insane amount of free throws he is given. I'm still very surprised the refs are not giving him his usual cheap touch fouls, I expect that to change in game 3.

Also I love how the media continues to give Durant a pass. Lebron James took a joke of a team to the NBA finals with no help at all, and when it took him a while to win his championship the media crucified him. When OKC lose it is Westbrook's fault, Scott Brooks' fault, Ibakas injury's fault and on and on. For some reason it is never Durant's fault. He is the the worst defender to win the MVP since Dirk and he spends large parts of the game missing assignments in defense, yet no mention of this in the media.

During the series with the Clippers the local newspaper in OKC printed the headline Mr. Unreliable under a picture of Durant, and the national meda shamed them so bad that they actually apologized to Durant. I have never heard of such a thing, the press is critical of an athlete, and with good reason, and then they apologize because the cunt is so well loved. Its absurd!

Him and that team and city and organization make me sick and I hope beyond hope that they never win a championship ever. Honestly with Durant as the main guy they never will, he is not on that level no matter how bad everybody want him to be.

Hmm, Durant only takes 5 free throws and ends up with 15 total points, where is all the dynamic scoring. Like I said his numbers are inflated because of the insane amount of free throws he is given. I'm still very surprised the refs are not giving him his usual cheap touch fouls, I expect that to change in game 3.

Also I love how the media continues to give Durant a pass. Lebron James took a joke of a team to the NBA finals with no help at all, and when it took him a while to win his championship the media crucified him. When OKC lose it is Westbrook's fault, Scott Brooks' fault, Ibakas injury's fault and on and on. For some reason it is never Durant's fault. He is the the worst defender to win the MVP since Dirk and he spends large parts of the game missing assignments in defense, yet no mention of this in the media.

During the series with the Clippers the local newspaper in OKC printed the headline Mr. Unreliable under a picture of Durant, and the national meda shamed them so bad that they actually apologized to Durant. I have never heard of such a thing, the press is critical of an athlete, and with good reason, and then they apologize because the cunt is so well loved. Its absurd!

Him and that team and city and organization make me sick and I hope beyond hope that they never win a championship ever. Honestly with Durant as the main guy they never will, he is not on that level no matter how bad everybody want him to be.

Thou doth protest too much.

He's put up a season for the ages, broke all kindsa records, rightly been voted MVP, and now after they're 2-zip in the Conference finals you're giving him shit??

They're facing an infinitely superior team in San An, they're missing Ibaka and their bench pales in comparison. None of those or Durant's fault, and him not being 'LeBron' isn't his fault either.

Back
Top Bottom