• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2013-2014 Basketball Discussion

Thou doth protest too much.

He's put up a season for the ages, broke all kindsa records, rightly been voted MVP, and now after they're 2-zip in the Conference finals you're giving him shit??

They're facing an infinitely superior team in San An, they're missing Ibaka and their bench pales in comparison. None of those or Durant's fault, and him not being 'LeBron' isn't his fault either.

I think the reason why Hungus hates Durant is because Durant is a longhorn and Hungus is an Aggie

I think the reason why Hungus hates Durant is because Durant is a longhorn and Hungus is an Aggie

Aaah.

'An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal, or tolerate those who do' - The Aggie honor code.

I went to A&M last year and for some reason I took a photo of that sign on my phone, and it sticks with me.

Not a great story really.

Thou doth protest too much.

He's put up a season for the ages, broke all kindsa records, rightly been voted MVP, and now after they're 2-zip in the Conference finals you're giving him shit??

They're facing an infinitely superior team in San An, they're missing Ibaka and their bench pales in comparison. None of those or Durant's fault, and him not being 'LeBron' isn't his fault either.

Be honest now, do you work for ESPN? If not maybe you should apply, you seem to meet all the requirements unconditional support for Durant, refusal to see the flaws in his game. Next thing I know you'll be telling me how much his MVP speech moved you.

The guy is nothing more than a jump shooter, and he does not even take high percentage jump shots most of the time.

That's is part of it, but not the whole story. Remember I go to school at UT, and have gone there way longer than Durant ever did. Plus you used to work there and I don't hate you. ;)

I have just always thought he was very over rated, yet everybody celebrates him like he is the second coming. Hence I hope he never wins shit, except maybe an early retirement.

bdnjptrfzwtqg3id2cfh.gif

Just saw this, it made me lol.

Be honest now, do you work for ESPN? If not maybe you should apply, you seem to meet all the requirements unconditional support for Durant, refusal to see the flaws in his game. Next thing I know you'll be telling me how much his MVP speech moved you.

The guy is nothing more than a jump shooter, and he does not even take high percentage jump shots most of the time.

I'm refusing to see the flaws in his game??

Coming from the guy who ridiculed him at the start of this season, then watched him become MVP ahead of fucking LeBron and CP3, and now claim he's "nothing more than a jump shooter."

I'm not the one who's out of touch here.

He is only a jump shooter. He makes no effort on defense. His numbers are very mediocre if you take away all the ticky tack fouls that get called against him. Look at game 2, only 5 free throw attempts and only 15 points. I thought he was a prolific scorer? What happened? Half the jump shots he takes are contested and ill advised.

To top all this off he is supposed to be the leader of the team, and he won't stand up to Russel Westbrook. I think the Spur's mentality in this series is clear. Take the role players out of the game and see if Durant can do it alone. Of course he can't because he is not on that level, and never will be.

Based on game 3, I think Ibaka should have been the MVP this year. He played really well. No way that happens game 4, it will be much closer, I expect OKC to get it at home.

What an amazing free throw disparity.

Ibaka the difference.

Anyone heard Lance Stephenson trashing LBJ? Stephenson's brilliant. Doesn't give one shit.

He was giving him the choke sign years ago, and Stephenson wasnt getting a look in then

Its 2012 all over again, I have no idea why but the Thunder are in the Spur's head.

I can only hope and pray that Durant, Westbrook and company never win the ultimate prize. They are a unlikable bunch of cunts, I'm thinking I may hate Westbrook more than Durant if that's possible. That whole team though, they are utterly classless.

He was really good, his energy was on another level last night. He just acts like a total cunt on the court though, but he is good.

LBJ gets in foul trouble and that's what happens. Bosh should still nail the 3 though.

How hilarious is Lance Stephenson by the way?

Pacers picked the wrong night to take off, they were outmatched in every aspect, which is pretty pathetic considering their season was on the line.

It seems odd now, but I thought they may have a chance of knocking off Miami his series, especially after game 1.

This is probably a naive question, but how the fuck can it be 90+ degrees inside an air-conditioned stadium in 2014?

This is probably a naive question, but how the fuck can it be 90+ degrees inside an air-conditioned stadium in 2014?

Wasn't the whole issue that the AC wasn't working?

It's been 90's all week here in Texas though.

Yeah the issue was the AC, it had some sort of electrical failure and they could not fix it during the game. I think they said it went out in the 1st quarter.

Yeah the issue was the AC, it had some sort of electrical failure and they could not fix it during the game. I think they said it went out in the 1st quarter.

It's interesting because there's a somewhat valid argument being made that the Spurs benefit more from the increased heat, mainly because of LeBron's history of cramps, and the Spurs could have easily hydrated better in previous hours/days if it was indeed intentional/planned. Jason Terry had some interesting comments which does make it look like a trend.

I guess the issue is that there's more of a possibility that it was intentional than there should be. It'll be interesting to see if either side escalates this.

Jason Terry is a grade A cunt, and is obviously jealous he is watching the finals at home.

It is shaping up to be a very good series though. Game 1 and 2 have been some of the most well played basketball games I have seen. Hopefully it continues.

LBJ tears Game 2 to shreds.

It's pretty much San Antonio Vs LeBron for the title. I'm not sure the Heat have the legs to go for another 5 games, SA's bench goes too deep, and the Heat are tiring - Wade in particular.

If the Spurs can manage to play from ahead like they did last night, no matter how well Lebron and Wade play, they will be wore out by the time the 4th quarter rolls around. That is much easier said then done though.

How good was Leonard last night? And they actually interviewed him last night on ESPN, I think it was the first time I have ever heard him speak.

While I do not share Karl's hatred for OKC due to my longhorn connections, I do share his love for the Spurs. Used to drive down a lot to San Antonio to watch the Spurs play when I was in Austin. Really hope they win it this year.

Back
Top Bottom