• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2013-2014 Basketball Discussion

If the Spurs can manage to play from ahead like they did last night, no matter how well Lebron and Wade play, they will be wore out by the time the 4th quarter rolls around. That is much easier said then done though.

How good was Leonard last night? And they actually interviewed him last night on ESPN, I think it was the first time I have ever heard him speak.

Yep, Leonard is now a bona fide star. Kid is ice.

Size of his fucking hands helps too. Those things are ridic.

Leonard was very good in last year's finals too. Has he stepped up a gear again?

I missed all games this year. Time zone is bit of a killer.

images

Look at that thing, it's unreal.

And overall Leonard has played well in the playoffs, but the first few games of the finals he was sluggish. In game 3 though he went off, scored a career high 29 points.

Basketball clinic by the Spurs last night - Duncan, Diaw and Splitter are such smart passers - I love watching that stuff. Passing bigmen just add a new dimension to the team.

Kawhi Leonard is becoming one of the better role players in the league.

Basketball clinic by the Spurs last night - Duncan, Diaw and Splitter are such smart passers - I love watching that stuff. Passing bigmen just add a new dimension to the team.

Kawhi Leonard is becoming one of the better role players in the league.

I'd say he's more than a role player.

I'd say he's more than a role player.
Naah, he's pretty much a high-quality 3-and-D guy with a better Tayshaun Prince as his peak projection. 3rd option scorer on a Championship at best. He doesn't have the handles, the elite first step or the shooting to be a full time 2 way option.

Right now, he's still behind the likes of Deng, Iguodala and maybe Batum. But he'll get there (even though the others are better ball handlers and playmakers, I think his defensive impact will be higher).

Think Giannis Antetokounmpo will be better though.

He is only 22, and has improved a lot each year. We really have no idea how god he can be offensively, because most of his offensive points come of pure aggression. The Spurs don't have very many plays designed where he is the first scoring option. This is probably intentional, since he does not need to be the number one option on offense right now, but as the years go by he will be getting more and more responsibility. Then we'll see what he can really do.

I think he is the future of the franchise.

I'd be happy to bet that he won't ever be a franchise cornerstone. There's a HUGE difference between being a 4th option on a championship side, and bearing the load as the first option.

As things stand, kid is not even a borderline all-star yet. It's pointless to think of him as the future of the franchise at the moment. For what it's worth, I see him as a 20-7 player at his peak. A few all-star appearances, and a handful of defensive first team appearances. That's a very valuable player, but nowhere near a franchise cornerstone.

I see your point, but keep in mind, it's a different thing being the cornerstone player for San Antonio, assuming they continue on the same path they have been for the last 15 years.

I see your point, but keep in mind, it's a different thing being the cornerstone player for San Antonio, assuming they continue on the same path they have been for the last 15 years.
Except you've had a first-ballot hall of famer as your franchise cornerstone for the past 15 years. His impact at age 38 , at least on the defensive end, is still better than about 90% of the league's bigmen.

Several adjustments will need to be made once Timmy retires, and frankly it's a severe underestimation of his impact if you assume that you can just continue to run this system without a defensive anchor like him.

That said, Pop no doubt runs the best player development program in the league. Leonard is definitely at the best place if he wants to be the player he can be. If the lure of money in free agency pulls him to another team, I think he'll fall well-short of the projection I made for him above.

It's great to see Miami spend Father's Day with their daddies, the San Antonio Spurs ...

Props to the best team in the league, that should have won their second in a row. Incredible team.

Except you've had a first-ballot hall of famer as your franchise cornerstone for the past 15 years. His impact at age 38 , at least on the defensive end, is still better than about 90% of the league's bigmen.

Several adjustments will need to be made once Timmy retires, and frankly it's a severe underestimation of his impact if you assume that you can just continue to run this system without a defensive anchor like him.

That said, Pop no doubt runs the best player development program in the league. Leonard is definitely at the best place if he wants to be the player he can be. If the lure of money in free agency pulls him to another team, I think he'll fall well-short of the projection I made for him above.

Not even your well thought out, articulate post can ruin my good mood today. :)

Maybe I'm just looking at the world through my Spurs colored glasses, next year will tell us a lot about Leonard and his future, if he has what it takes he should take a big step forward next year.

I just love the fact that he has more rings than Durant.

Also loving the rumors that Miami are in for Carmelo Anthony, just what they need. No defense or ball movement, exactly what the Heat need.

The Isiah Moment was pretty cool of Adam Silver.

Frankly I couldn't look beyond that full fucking flower bush that Jalen Rose had on the lapel of his suit.

I honestly never thought he would return to Cleveland. It will interesting to see what happens to the Heat now. I think Bosh has been offered a max contract from the Rockets, although God only knows why, but I don't see why he would not go play with Harden and Howard. Unless he prefers to stay out of the Western Conferance. Wade will probably stay in Miami, but he is a shadow of his former self.

It would be really cool if Pau Gasol goes to San Antonio.

Back
Top Bottom