• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

AFCON and ASIA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nomad

Very Well-Known
I'll kick this off.. nothing like the AFCON to have a bit of controversy..

Or maybe this is Cameroon saying they don't believe that the Darts player is 16...

Untitled.jpg

Some important players missing for the top sides, except City of course

Arsenal - 3
Mohamed Elneny (Midfielder, Egypt)
Thomas Partey (Midfielder, Ghana)
Takehiro Tomiyasu (Defender, Japan)

Aston Villa - 1
Bertrand Traore (Midfielder, Burkina Faso)

Brighton - 2
Simon Adingra (Forward, Ivory Coast)
Tariq Lamptey (Defender, Ghana)

Chelsea - 1
Nicolas Jackson (Forward, Senegal)

Manchester City - 0

Manchester United - 3

Sofyan Amrabat (Midfielder, Morocco)
Amad Diallo (Forward, Ivory Coast)
Andre Onana (Goalkeeper, Cameroon)

Newcastle - 0

Tottenham - 3

Yves Bissouma (Midfielder, Mali)
Son Heung-min (Forward, South Korea)
Pape Matar Sarr (Midfielder, Senegal)

West Ham - 2
Nayef Aguerd (Defender, Morocco)
Mohammed Kudus (Midfielder, Ghana)

Note that Forest are royally fucked (in addition to their injury list) - could they join the relegation battle?

Nottingham Forest - 6
Ola Aina (Defender, Nigeria)
Serge Aurier (Defender, Ivory Coast)
Willy Boly (Defender, Ivory Coast)
Cheikhou Kouyate (Midfielder, Senegal)
Moussa Niakhate (Defender, Senegal)
Ibrahim Sangare (Midfielder, Ivory Coast)

The hope is we're strong enough to cope with it

The reality is a lot of players aren't in form so missing 2 key players like that is a going to blow a gaping hole in our season

Any sign of Badger getting fit? We really could do with him stepping in whilst Endo is away.

Any sign of Badger getting fit? We really could do with him stepping in whilst Endo is away.
I read that his 'growing issues' mean there is no fixed date for his return. Whenever the medical team deem him fit enough to continue training.

Jurgen Klopp asked for his parting words to Mohamed Salah and Wataru Endo: "If I wish you good luck, it would be a lie!"

Are Egypt tipped to get to the final?
No but that's not to say they don't have a decent outside chance.

Senegal/Algeria/Morocco/Ivory Coast are all ahead of them, maybe Nigeria too.

Depending how the draw works, if all the bigger teams avoid each other until the semi's then we could get him back before but I think even if Egypt make the semi and lose they have to stay until basically the end to play the 3rd play off place.

No but that's not to say they don't have a decent outside chance.

Senegal/Algeria/Morocco/Ivory Coast are all ahead of them, maybe Nigeria too.

Depending how the draw works, if all the bigger teams avoid each other until the semi's then we could get him back before but I think even if Egypt make the semi and lose they have to stay until basically the end to play the 3rd play off place.

The thing with Egypt is that they probably have the best domestic league in Africa, they're also a tight nit group so you can't really count them out at international level despite them not having that many players outside their own league.

The Egyptian national team also has a history of doing well in the AFCON, it's rare to see them get knocked out in the group phase.

The obvious favourites are Senegal and Morocco. They have the most complete teams in Africa.

The thing with Egypt is that they probably have the best domestic league in Africa, they're also a tight nit group so you can't really count them out at international level despite them not having that many players outside their own league.

The Egyptian national team also has a history of doing well in the AFCON, it's rare to see them get knocked out in the group phase.

The obvious favourites are Senegal and Morocco. They have the most complete teams in Africa.

No idea about any of their domestic leagues but yeah writing them off would be foolish even for someone that doesn't follow International football/AFCON, looking at their group.....it's not the easiest as Cape Verde can pack a punch but you'd throw your hat that they and Ghana will make it through, probably even topping the group.

And he was damn good. Mac, Jones and Gravy better watch out. That's going to add 2 more years to his longevity.

He's just going the Messi route. Will probably end up in MLS at 36 too, given how everyone hates playing in Saudi league.

He's just going the Messi route. Will probably end up in MLS at 36 too, given how everyone hates playing in Saudi league.

To be fair, if Salah does go to Saudi, I have a feeling he’ll settle in better than Hendo and he won’t be playing for a team that gets less spectators than a closed door LFC pre-season training session.

To be fair, if Salah does go to Saudi, I have a feeling he’ll settle in better than Hendo and he won’t be playing for a team that gets less spectators than a closed door LFC pre-season training session.

So far it’s looking like that league is irreparably shite - even Ronaldo, Gerrard and Benzema cannot make it interesting. Also it’s possible we’re underestimating the differences between various Middle Eastern countries - just because Salah is Muslim doesn’t automatically mean he and his family would be comfortable in Saudi Arabia with their strict culture.

I dunno, i think Mo might miss christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom