• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

AFCON and ASIA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remembered why I like AFCON so much, the hysterics from the goalies never fail to make you laugh. Wtf was he doing for the Ivory Coast's second goal :D

Operation "Bring Mo Home" got off to a middling start as Egypt drew 2-2 with Mozambique. After our boy scored an equalising penalty in second half stoppage time, it looks like he may have succumbed to Stockholm Syndrome and will need our emotional support once he is rescued.

Not going all the big nations way at all so far. Nigeria, Egypt and Ghana all struggling.

I'm hoping for a good tournament for Mo. His bad mood/poor form after losing the last AFCON was not fun. If they're not going to flunk out the group stages, at least go on to win it FFS!

Yeah, all those extra minutes with Carlos Quiroz’s crappy negative football really impacted his second half with us back in 2022.

Yes, for me perfect scenario was fake injuries for Mo & Endo, but given both are Captain's of the countries I think hands on silverware for at least one of them would be brilliant.

I see Mo finally got a haircut too

A pity Egypt got the equaliser as its not an easy group and a poor 3rd would see him coming home.

A pity Egypt got the equaliser as its not an easy group and a poor 3rd would see him coming home.

It would mate but the chances are slim to none.

4 of the 6 3rd place teams will make it to the last 16. Egypt aren't very good but they're never making the bottom 2.

This is probably Salah's last chance to win it. Yeah, Egypt's team look like crap. They usually manage to bore you to death and win by one goal. I was surprised that they managed to concede two yesterday.

Senegal looked good in their first match and that Camara kid from Metz definitely has eyes on him.

This is probably Salah's last chance to win it. Yeah, Egypt's team look like crap. They usually manage to bore you to death and win by one goal. I was surprised that they managed to concede two yesterday.
I was wondering about Egypt's record, and when Africa's powerhouse became so dour.

Turns out they won a hat trick of AFCONs in 2006, 2008, and 2010. Amazing.

And then, on 3 September 2011, Salah made his debut for the National team.

They haven't won a trophy since. :cyclops:

I was wondering about Egypt's record, and when Africa's powerhouse became so dour.

Turns out they won a hat trick of AFCONs in 2006, 2008, and 2010. Amazing.

And then, on 3 September 2011, Salah made his debut for the National team.

They haven't won a trophy since. :cyclops:
True, but they've been to two finals.
Unfortunately Salah just missed their "golden generation".

Pen for Nigeria, the CB Troost-Ekong steps up and smashes it right down the middle

Diomande catching the back of Osimhen's leg.

Not been the best game so far, hopefully Egypt Ghana will be better.

I am and it's horrible football.
Neither Egypt or Ghana are able to play more than 4 passes in their opposite half before loosing the ball. Salah is just walking around, barely involved. I hope they get knocked out, but history tells me they won't.

Morocco and Senegal are the only teams who have impressed so far imo and it's evident that one of them will win the whole thing.
I'd be very surprised if it didn't happen.

SALAH INJURED​

Egypt 0-0 Ghana
Mohamed Salah is back on his feet shaking his head to team-mates. The Liverpool star hands the captain's armband over to Ahmed Hegazi and is replaced by Mostafa Fathi.

Looks like a hamstring injury, now I really hope they get knocked out.

It's ok guys, relax. Salah never gets injured, Klopp has clearly been on the phone to Mo and told him to stage an injury so he can come back early. Woooooo!

Let’s hope it’s a minor 2 week pull AND Ghana smash Egypt tonight.

Their last game against Cape Verde is arguably the toughest on paper.

It's ok guys, relax. Salah never gets injured, Klopp has clearly been on the phone to Mo and told him to stage an injury so he can come back early. Woooooo!
Well he wasn't stretchered off and he didn't go into the tunnel. He just sat down on the bench and continued watching the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom