• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

AFL

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=33427.msg897556#msg897556 date=1246339450]
Another non performance from Fev at the weekend.

Can't wait for the Saints vs the Cats this weekend.

Should be an awesome game.
[/quote]

"Another non performance from Fev"

In the last 3 and a half years of football, he's scored more goals than anyone in the country. In that time, his team hasn't finished higher than 10th.

Game, set, and match.

I love that the main protagonists in this thread are two transplanted Irishmen. It tickles it me it does.

As much as it pains me to say this (as a Collingwood supporter, not because I'm agreeing with Ryan) there is no way you could consider Fevola a choker. Inconsistent and wayward on occasion perhaps, but he doesn't choke.

43 goals already this season, he is well on his way to another ton, you cant ask for too much more from a key forward

He won't get anywhere near a ton this year marq, but he's not alone in that regard.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33427.msg898362#msg898362 date=1246478703]
He won't get anywhere near a ton this year marq, but he's not alone in that regard.
[/quote]

I think he will hit the high 80's or 90's at least.

9 rounds left in the normal season, and they might manage to stay in the finals for a week. It's anyone's guess really.

[quote author=Irish_Red link=topic=33427.msg898579#msg898579 date=1246525435]
Hows Martin Clarke playing this year ?
[/quote]

His last game was a shocker, but other than that he has been ok.
I've hardly seen us play at all this season for one reason or another so my opinion doesn't mean much atm.

Dreambeliever is proving himself to be a bit of dullard in all of this. AFL is changing a lot year in year out, especially the last 3 years. Fevola is the only true full forward left IMO and he is still doing a good job of it.

[quote author=Marquis link=topic=33427.msg898592#msg898592 date=1246526829]
[quote author=Irish_Red link=topic=33427.msg898579#msg898579 date=1246525435]
Hows Martin Clarke playing this year ?
[/quote]

His last game was a shocker, but other than that he has been ok.
I've hardly seen us play at all this season for one reason or another so my opinion doesn't mean much atm.
[/quote]

He's been ok, nothing better.

He was dropped for last week, and was due to come back in this week but for Pendlebury's miraculous recovery and late inclusion.

I'm going tonight, along with the 90,000 others, and disappointingly expect to see your crowd of mono-toothed, ugly raftag of fans cheerig. You'll win.

[quote author=Biggus Dickus link=topic=33427.msg898711#msg898711 date=1246538373]
Dreambeliever is proving himself to be a bit of dullard in all of this. AFL is changing a lot year in year out, especially the last 3 years. Fevola is the only true full forward left IMO and he is still doing a good job of it.

[/quote]

I sincerely doubt whether there's a sport on this Earth that he does have a fucking notion about.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33427.msg899133#msg899133 date=1246579566]

He was dropped for last week, and was due to come back in this week but for Pendlebury's miraculous recovery and late inclusion.

I'm going tonight, along with the 90,000 others, and disappointingly expect to see your crowd of mono-toothed, ugly raftag of fans cheerig. You'll win.

[/quote]

I'm nothing like a 'typical' Collingwood supporter, I have all my own teeth for a start.
I think we'll win too.

[quote author=Marquis link=topic=33427.msg899137#msg899137 date=1246580241]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33427.msg899133#msg899133 date=1246579566]

[/quote]

I'm nothing like a 'typical' Collingwood supporter, I have all my own teeth for a start.
I think we'll win too.

[/quote]

I'm joint 7th in our work tipping comp (out of 725 people) and only 2 points off top. There's $2K as main prize for the winner.

What started out as the usual 30 second box-ticking exercise in the early rounds has now become an all-Friday headmelt. I haven't a fucking clue who to pick this week between Port-Lions, and the Cats-Saints game.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33427.msg899146#msg899146 date=1246582231]
I'm joint 7th in our work tipping comp (out of 725 people) and only 2 points off top. There's $2K as main prize for the winner.

What started out as the usual 30 second box-ticking exercise in the early rounds has now become an all-Friday headmelt. I haven't a fucking clue who to pick this week between Port-Lions, and the Cats-Saints game.
[/quote]

Cats-Saints is a coin toss, I think it could go either way.

I'd be inclined to pick the Lions to beat Port, even though Port are at home they have been inconsistent so far this season and have only managed one win in the last 5 games.

[quote author=Marquis link=topic=33427.msg899185#msg899185 date=1246597988]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33427.msg899146#msg899146 date=1246582231]

[/quote]

Cats-Saints is a coin toss, I think it could go either way.

I'd be inclined to pick the Lions to beat Port, even though Port are at home they have been inconsistent so far this season and have only managed one win in the last 5 games.
[/quote]

I went for the Lions, cos they've won at AAMI three times in the last 4 visits. I went for Geelong, but it was based on nothing really.

I tipped the saints on gut intinct. What a game. What a grab by Gardiner.

by the way, thanks Demons for fucking up my round.

Port fucked mine up, the inconsistent cunts.

Speaking of the Saints game; if I was Bomber Thompson I'd never play that hapless cunt Blake again. He waits for a year and a half to get a run in the ruck, and that's the sort of performance he puts in - fucking abject. Totally dominated by Gardiner, and no influence anywhere on the ground. At least Mumford put himself about a bit.

Take Blake and that other big lummox Hawkins out of the side, and with Ottens and Stevie J back in they'll beat the Saints.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33427.msg901007#msg901007 date=1246862034]
Port fucked mine up, the inconsistent cunts.

Speaking of the Saints game; if I was Bomber Thompson I'd never play that hapless cunt Blake again. He waits for a year and a half to get a run in the ruck, and that's the sort of performance he puts in - fucking abject. Totally dominated by Gardiner, and no influence anywhere on the ground. At least Mumford put himself about a bit.

Take Blake and that other big lummox Hawkins out of the side, and with Ottens and Stevie J back in they'll beat the Saints.
[/quote]

The Cats forward line is not up to the rest of the side, it was clear last year and is still very evident. Hawkins was supposed to be the player that changed that but he is an abject failure so far. Very very average.

Christ, the AFL is tough. Imagine what Platini and Blatter would make of it if they were in charge?
Who's that guy who's just retired from the Swans because he is too agressive and can't control it? His stats look awesome but the montage I've just seen of his best 'fouls' was amazing. Nothing short of ABH! Going into boxing isn't he? Would hate to run into him on an off day.
Wasn't it Setanta who twatted his own team mate in a closed doors friendly?
I enjoy the Monday morning Fox round up of who is challenging their 2-match bans every week. My fave telly of the week. The fouls/punches are great.

Freo did their usual this week. Quite often look good for 3/4 then fade. I don't know a great deal about Aussie Rules but I know they are abysmal at playing the ball out from their own line and end up conceding cheaply all the time; every time I watch them. Plus, no Pav = no chance.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33427.msg903556#msg903556 date=1247207609]
Brisbane to beat the Cats this weekend.
[/quote]

Big call that Ryan. Any particular reason?

Awesome 1st half by the mighty crows. I wasn't expecting much this season but they will play a prelim final at least on this form.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33427.msg903556#msg903556 date=1247207609]
Brisbane to beat the Cats this weekend.
[/quote]

Good call. Hope you put money on it.

Gellong had too many outs, and were coming off the back of the Saints game. The $2.60 that you could get on the Lions right up until the first bounce was almost free money. I had a bit of cash on it, but not enough.

On another note - I see Fev is continuing to "choke".

Only 4 goals clear at the top of the Coleman ladder.

;D Good ol Dreamy makes me laugh.

Crows vs Saints will be interesting this week. The Saints have had that game against Geelong and a trip to Perth so if they are to falter it could be this week. Having said that it was boys vd men earlier in the year but we are playing very good footy ATM.

Well, he's obviously done it for the money, and GC have done it for the publicity.

Still, it'll be interesting to watch - his attack on the ball is phenomenal, and there's no doubt he's gonna hurt some people.

He's a bit unstable is old Karmichael. He's been threatening to leave the Broncos for a couple of years citing depression and disilluisionment with RL. What isn't in question though is his ability and toughness, he's rock hard. He put some murderous hits in in last year's Origin.
Presumably, he's played Aussie Rules to a decent level before?

So can St Kilda be the 1st team to complete the perfect season?

If Hawthorn fail to make the finals it will be a big shock too.

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=33427.msg918420#msg918420 date=1249430896]
So can St Kilda be the 1st team to complete the perfect season?

[/quote]

Why don't you tell us Dreamboat?

You've got everything wrong in this tread so far, might as well make a stab at getting something right.

Hmm I beg to differ all of the below is/was spot on.

Regarding St Kilda

They are learning to handle the pressure.

They are easily Geelongs biggest threat now.

Fev is a big time choker.

I love how Fev always seems to clutch his hamstring or hobble once he starts poorly in a game.

I'd rather Brown or Buddy anyday not to mention Riewoldt.

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=33427.msg918503#msg918503 date=1249453164]
Hmm I beg to differ all of the below is/was spot on.

Regarding St Kilda

They are learning to handle the pressure.

They are easily Geelongs biggest threat now.

Fev is a big time choker.

I love how Fev always seems to clutch his hamstring or hobble once he starts poorly in a game.

I'd rather Brown or Buddy anyday not to mention Riewoldt.

[/quote]

You said St Kilda have the same game as Geelong. They don't.
You said Essendon would make the 8. They won't.
You said Setanta was becoming a "very solid player". He isn't.
You said Fev is a "big-time choker". He isn't, and everybody who's participated in this thread agrees.

Back
Top Bottom