• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aqua to Fiorentina

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha? Rafa?

Obviously Brendan,Woy and the king loved the bloke. the last two are definitely as responsible as Rafa gicen the noises Aqua made about being pushed before jumping.

Exactly. One can blame Rafa for various things but the idea that he dicked Aquilani about, rather than the other way round, is moonshine.

Surely Rafa had nothing to do with the guy being sent on loan. He'd been fired in the May.

I'd agree - who would disagree? - that the signing was a mess from the start, but we should've been able to salvage something from it by just keeping the guy and using him when possible. He isn't without talent.

I'm not sure if he's the worst ever. He's certainly the most farcical. But overall not sure if you can really separate it from the other uber-disasters of Diouf and Carroll.

I very much doubt that, Peter, because I reckon that's exactly what Rafa would have done had there been any chance at all that it would work. We'll never know for sure, but I strongly suspect Aquilani regretted signing for us before the ink was even dry and was never, ever going to produce the goods in a Liverpool shirt.

You can't really get mad upset with Rafa about what was a disastrous signing, not in isolation, not when the profit from Torres alone gave us enough money to rebuild the squad if it hadn't been misspent.

Looking at the team today our spine is basically Rafa's players. It's been that way since he got sacked. Hence why I don't get the why people give him so much flack over one or two bad and costly transfers.

Looking at the team today our spine is basically Rafa's players. It's been that way since he got sacked. Hence why I don't get the why people give him so much flack over one or two bad and costly transfers.
Because this is a conversation about Aquilani in isolation and he was an awful signing. AWFUL. The worst ever. And Rafa signed him.

If this thread was 'Rafa's transfer history' you might have a case.

Just wait for the "guess who just scored" thread to appear soon.

And then another one in their next pre-season.
Who cares. He's gone now. It was nausiating enough when he was our player. Like anyone ought give a fuck when the ballbag scores for Fiorentina.

It's the arse end of Rafa's spine...

After Kenny's 2nd reign and +£100 Million spent we added maybe one or two players to that spine. Suarez and Enrique.
This was arguably our best team last season:

Reina (Rafa), Glenjo(Rafa), Agger (Rafa), Skrtel (Rafa), Enrique (Kenny), Lucas (Rafa), Gerrard (Houllier), Kuyt(Rafa), Maxi(Rafa), Suarez (Kenny) and insert shite player (Kenny).

After Kenny's 2nd reign and +£100 Million spent we added maybe one or two players to that spine. Suarez and Enrique.
This was arguably our best team last season:

Reina (Rafa), Glenjo(Rafa), Agger (Rafa), Skrtel (Rafa), Enrique (Kenny), Lucas (Rafa), Gerrard (Houllier), Kuyt(Rafa), Maxi(Rafa), Suarez (Kenny) and insert shite player (Kenny).

If by spine you mean the players in the centre... as opposed to out wide.... then only Gerrard remains of Rafa's spine other than at the back... ie the arse end.

No Torres, Alonso & Mascherano - major components.

So looking at our spine - it's not basically Rafas at all.

With spine I meant the core of our first team and best players.
And my point was that we barely added to it despite spending tons of money last year which is a travesty.
Looking at the starting line up from our last competitive game only Downing, Enrique and Suarez started out of Kenny's signings and Downing will be on the bench as soon as Brendan secures Tello.
Anyway I've gone off topic now so I'm just gonna leave it.

And my point was that we barely added to it despite spending tons of money last year which is a travesty.
Looking at the starting line up from our last competitive game only Downing, Enrique and Suarez started out of Kenny's signings and Downing will be on the bench as soon as Brendan secures Tello.
Anyway I've gone of topic now so I'm just gonna leave it.

Downing on the bench? How can that possibly happen ?

Yes, sir, as we sold his better parts for about 100M plus (Torres, Alonso, Masher, and others)

We slag his off his failings yet forget to mention how much of a profit we made on his success signings. 100M worth of sales players signed for 40M. Now that's impressive market dealings.

(to go along with the Alberto debacle)

Anyway I've gone off topic now so I'm just gonna leave it.

so when you say spine.... you really mean guts...

Mind you for someone who is such a big fan of Acquilani, I'm not suprised you don't know what a spine is...

*bang*

nuclear-explosion.jpg

Wrong. Carroll may or may not prove to a bad signing but he hasnt treated us like that cunt Aqualani and his agent

Oh well I forgot about that upside I suppose.

He cost us a clean fortune, but he's a great guy. and so's his agent.

Two-goal Alberto Aquilani stings Atalanta

November 18, 2012

Surging Fiorentina thrust itself into the race for the Champions League places with a 4-1 win over 10-man Atalanta on Sunday, while second-place Inter Milan needed a late own goal to draw 2-2 at home with Cagliari in the Italian league.
Alberto Aquilani scored twice and set up another goal, and Gonzalo Rodriguez andLuca Toni also found the net as Fiorentina won its fifth straight match and extended its unbeaten run to seven.
soc_a_aquilani_gb1_300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom