• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aqua to Fiorentina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Modo,

Do not, I repeat, DO FUCKING NOT keep posting about Aquilani.

Nobody wants to see pictures of him training/in his car/shopping/picking his nose.

If he scores for Fiorentina, put the clip in the Video Forum (nobody goes there).

He has gone, deal with it.

Cheers,

Everybody Else.

The sooner the parasites are out of the club the better. Need to have a team of players who will fight for the cause and he's certainly not one of them.

Dear Modo,

Do not, I repeat, DO FUCKING NOT keep posting about Aquilani.

Nobody wants to see pictures of him training/in his car/shopping/picking his nose.

If he scores for Fiorentina, put the clip in the Video Forum (nobody goes there).

He has gone, deal with it.

Cheers,

Everybody Else.

The only acceptable pictures to post are of his girlfriend

I don't blame the player for holding out for maximum value. Why should he just tear up his contract and move on when there's far more money in sitting on the agreed terms? It's the club I blame. Rafa, you made a helluva lorra god signings but this one is up there with the worst in living memory. Anyway aqua's fucked off now so good riddance to the big fanny.

Could I just point out that some reports are saying we got 7m for him, others are saying 3m, and a few are saying that we are paying him 2m a year wages for the next two years.
I think what that means is we have agreed a 7m fee with Fiorentina but that 4m of that is going to the player so we wont be paying his wages for two years. We are paying him his two years in advance from the fee recieved.
Still shit but it looks like we got 3m for him.
He's done very well out of the people of Liverpool.
I wanted him to succeed and I still rate him but im really REALLY glad hes gone and he IS our worst transfer ever.
Sad that MOST of our worst transfers ever have all been in the past 6 or 7 years.
We used to sign the best.

I wanted him to succeed and I still rate him but im really REALLY glad hes gone and he IS our worst transfer ever.
Sad that MOST of our worst transfers ever have all been in the past 6 or 7 years.
We used to sign the best.

Aquilani, Keane, Dossena, Poulsen, Downing, Carroll (He may still be a very good player, but never worth 35 mill).

We used to sign players in the past -it's just our team was so good that it never affected us like now.

I hope thats the case Oncy, it would certainly make it a little easier to stomach.
If you look at all the press reports it seems to be what would make sense mate. The odd one saying we got nothing and paid loads, but that doesnt really make any sense in any way shape or form. If you were going to have to pay him off anyway you may as well keep him and get him carrying training kit or something.
Its still pretty horrific to sell a 20m player for 3m but at least its something. And unless the club come out and say we paid for him to leave its hardly worth believing shite press reports that just want it to sound even worse than it clearly is.

Aquilani, Keane, Dossena, Poulsen, Downing, Carroll (He may still be a very good player, but never worth 35 mill).

We used to sign players in the past -it's just our team was so good that it never affected us like now.
Poulsen doesnt really belong on that list. He was quite cheap.
Diouf 11m
Cisse 12m
Keane 28m
Aquilani 20m
Downing 20m(at the mo)
Carroll 35m(at the mo)

Are by miles the worst.

Poulsen doesnt really belong on that list. He was quite cheap.
Diouf 11m
Cisse 12m
Keane 28m
Aquilani 20m
Downing 20m(at the mo)
Carroll 35m(at the mo)

Are by miles the worst.
120m+ on that lot.

3 worst signings we've made since I've followed us: Aquilani, Carroll, and Diouf. All pretty much as bad as each other, if you ask me.

Harsh on babel. Underwhelming but doesn't deserve to be listed next to Keane and aqua

Lol Oncey got pretty much every one of those prices wrong, I think it should be:

Diouf £10m
Cisse £14m
Keane £19m
Aquilani £17m
Babel £11.5m
Downing £18m*
Carroll £35m

* I've heard as low as £16m and as high as £20m. But the most common one I've seen reported by credible sources is £18m, and since that's also the average, probably also the best guess.

Lol Oncey got pretty much every one of those prices wrong, I think it should be:

Diouf £10m
Cisse £14m
Keane £19m
Aquilani £17m
Babel £11.5m
Downing £18m*
Carroll £35m

* I've heard as low as £16m and as high as £20m. But the most common one I've seen reported by credible sources is £18m, and since that's also the average, probably also the best guess.
Meh thats roundabout what I said give or take.
Henderson could make the list in a while.

Incidentally on talksport there is this game they play where they name 5 transfers and you have to say higher or lower fees.
EG Rooney start
RIO. higher or lower
then
DROGBA chelsea higher or lower
then
VERON to united

etc

Im fucking RUBBISH at it.
I am hopeless at remembering transfer fees.

Meh thats roundabout what I said give or take.
Henderson could make the list in a while.

I *want* to believe in Henderson, but it's a fucking struggle. Honestly, if we could flog if off for a similar price to what we pay for Allen then I think I'd be up for it. Is there really anything he does that Suso couldn't if given a bit of time and patience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom