• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aqua to Fiorentina

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll give hendo another season as he's pacy and technically very good. always have more time for players with those qualities.

Incidentally on talksport there is this game they play where they name 5 transfers and you have to say higher or lower fees.
EG Rooney start
RIO. higher or lower
then
DROGBA chelsea higher or lower
then
VERON to united

etc

Im fucking RUBBISH at it.
I am hopeless at remembering transfer fees.

Wow. That sounds like my idea of a wild time. Off the top of my head

Rooney £25m (I think there's a decimal there somewhere, or is it £27m after add ons?)
Rio £30m
Drogba £26.5m
Veron £28.1m

i'll give hendo another season as he's pacy and technically very good. always have more time for players with those qualities.

He played a couple of really good passes yesterday before retreating into his old safety first mode. I'm sure he's very 'coachable'. Rodgers ought to relish the chance to improve him.

It's unfair. It's so unfair.

I was suicidal too after Le Tallec left. Le Tallec. Fucking hell I can't even remember if that's how his name is spelt anymore. Le Tallec. Yeah it's just the spell checker being gay. Anyway I became so scarily intelligent and unique in the universe that I thought it's probably best to stick around. I don't know how to help you. You'll spend the next weeks and months following his results in Italy, searching for videos of his games. Sifting through his stats. Replaying the Malaysia XI game continually. There's some dark shit in store for you Modo. Unless you are sure of becoming an outright genius in the near future, the best thing may be to end it now.

I got nothing against Aquilani the man nor even the player he is in Serie A. Just so obvious after a short while that he'd never make the cut in England.

Best thing for all involved this, and I wish him all the best. Nice to live in Tuscany too, he'll manage.

Aquilani is definitely a worse signing than Andy Carroll, but it's too depressing to have any sort of argument about it.

Andy Carroll has contributed to important matches.
If we sell him, we will recoup a significant fee for him.
He actually wants to play for us.
He isn't completely injury prone.

You cannot say the same about Alberto Aquilani, who has been a disaster from day one.

I wish at time someone was doing that "one down and how many more to go" gag with a shotgun in their hand.

Thats what i felt when i watched us play for the majorityof last three seasons.

Rafa did some great things, but he really losg the plot somewhere down the line...

Liverpool certainly are not inviting an offer for Agger. Dirk Kuyt, Maxi Rodriguez and Craig Bellamy were high earners who asked to leave, while Alberto Aquilani had to be granted a free transfer to remove the £6.5 million a year he was costing the club.

Seriously , somebody line benitez , Purslow and anybody else from Liverpool involved in this deal up and burn their nads with a blow torch .

Seriously , somebody line benitez , Purslow and anybody else from Liverpool involved in this deal up and burn their nads with a blow torch .
Indeed so, this was probably the first major signing post Rick, he had lots of failings but by this time he had the measure of Benitez, and Rafa could not fart without running it past Parry, which must have annoyed the fuck out of Rafa.
How Purslow let Rafa get away with pushing this deal through heaven only knows.

Can't even believe the flack you're giving Rafa for this transfer considering what happened last summer and the winter before that.

Can't even believe the flack you're giving Rafa for this transfer considering what happened last summer and the winter before that.
Hahaha you are being serious aren't you, are you saying he does not deserve flack for it? £17m plus add-ons which obviously never materialised , for a seriously injured player that was not match fit until the second half of the season. Then fucks him about and sends him out on loan. Aquilani knows there is no future here and starts posturing, so we reach the point we have. Blown £17m plus a years wages of say £5m that's £22m on a player that never really played for us , with zero return, nothing surpasses that.

Hahaha you are being serious aren't you, are you saying he does not deserve flack for it? £17m plus add-ons which obviously never materialised , for a seriously injured player that was not match fit until the second half of the season. Then fucks him about and sends him out on loan. Aquilani knows there is no future here and starts posturing, so we reach the point we have. Blown £17m plus a years wages of say £5m that's £22m on a player that never really played for us , with zero return, nothing surpasses that.

I this like this post - so true. I am surprised others were not confounded by this transfer and all the shit leading upto finally getting rid of this guy. Fucking joke, Rafa really did lose it towards the end.

Was it his fault that he never played for us?

Rafa was sacked after Aqua's first season. How did he manage send him out on loan?

Surely Rafa had nothing to do with the guy being sent on loan. He'd been fired in the May.

I'd agree - who would disagree? - that the signing was a mess from the start, but we should've been able to salvage something from it by just keeping the guy and using him when possible. He isn't without talent.

I'm not sure if he's the worst ever. He's certainly the most farcical. But overall not sure if you can really separate it from the other uber-disasters of Diouf and Carroll.

well the keane deal is probably even more farcical considering he cost 20m but was shipped out 6 months later . The saving grace was we got semi decent money back for him .

seriously , Rafa was off his rocker at times . Caught up in too many stupid power games.

Surely Rafa had nothing to do with the guy being sent on loan. He'd been fired in the May.

I'd agree - who would disagree? - that the signing was a mess from the start, but we should've been able to salvage something from it by just keeping the guy and using him when possible. He isn't without talent.

I'm not sure if he's the worst ever. He's certainly the most farcical. But overall not sure if you can really separate it from the other uber-disasters of Diouf and Carroll.

I think what irks a lot of people is that he hardly played when he was here, and he just was not upto the pace. The most I ever remember him doing was one or two good passes in a game and thats it (yes I know he scored a goal in a game). As for Diouf - I don't think any of us at the time thought he was a talentless player - he had an abundance of skill but a really fucked up attitude. As for Carroll - yes it is the worse signing ever in my book - and only because of the price and the return he has given us since joining. With Aquafanny -the issue is - big money signing, but did not see much of him at all, Carroll big money signing - but we get to see how shit he really was for most of a season.

well the keane deal is probably even more farcical considering he cost 20m but was shipped out 6 months later . The saving grace was we got semi decent money back for him .

seriously , Rafa was off his rocker at times . Caught up in too many stupid power games.

yeah - that was really fucked up too. I don't know what Rafa was up to but he lost focus and seemed to be taking the club for a ride in his attempts to get one over the owners maybe. He did have a nasty streak in him, I still am upset with him for not starting Crouch in the 2007 CL final. But there were signs of an obessive need to only play those players that showed 100% effort without no end product - like when he refused to play Cisse I think in the World Club Cup in Japan.

He had his pros and his cons did rafa.

But you are right, torres masher alonso garcia crouchie Arbeloa - he clearly lost it :)

He had his pros and his cons did rafa.

But you are right, torres masher alonso garcia crouchie Arbeloa - he clearly lost it :)
I think we r talking about rafa the later years when he started getting weird ideas like getting rid of alonso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom