• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani comments on future

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=44755.msg1342236#msg1342236 date=1307034437]
From Twitter

Damien_Comolli
I've already said Juve won't buy Aquilani. They believe his eyes are too close together and that his his toes are too long. Deal off.
[/quote]

People in Derbyshire just heard me laugh my fucking arse off.

Thank you, Ross.

nice one. We really need to lay down a statement of intent, so we don't get hosed this summer overall, cut off negotiations, and say he's coming back here. End of.

The Reds are determined to stick to their new age policy - despite high transfer fees - and it is no coincidence that out of all the players they are eyeing up this summer, Stewart Downing is the oldest at 26.

Ashley Young, Sylvain Marveaux, Charlie Adam, Jose Enrique and Emiliano Izaguirre are 25, while James McCarthy is just 20.

Fenway Sports want to get away from signing older players from overseas who just seem to see a move to Liverpool as securing their pension. They only want young, hungry players with a resale value.

That view will only be strengthened at the end of this month when the club pay Roma the £4.4m final instalment for Kop flop Alberto Aquilani.

Rafa Benitez's most expensive gaffe will have cost the Reds £17.6m, meaning his 28 appearances will have stung them to the tune of £630,000 per game.

This does not include his £80,000-a-week wages, which Liverpool have started paying again since his loan spell at Juventus officially ended on Tuesday.

Italy will face Estonia in Friday’s Euro 2012 qualifier without a recognised centre-forward, boss Cesare Prandelli has confirmed.

The tactician has named his side for the Modena tie, but there is no target man despite the presence of Alberto Gilardino, Alessandro Matri and Giampaolo Pazzini in the squad.

“Buffon will be in goal, then Maggio, Ranocchia if he is fit – otherwise it will be Gamberini – Chiellini, Balzaretti, Pirlo, Montolivo, Marchisio, Aquilani, Cassano and Rossi,” Prandelli revealed.

“Cassano and Rossi will start in attack. I’ve gone for a light pair up front as I don’t want to give Estonia any points of reference.

“We saw in Tallinn that we managed to create problems for them with movement. It is a decision based on our opponents.”

Italy 4-3-1-2 v Estonia: Buffon; Maggio, Ranocchia (Gamberini), Chiellini, Balzaretti; Pirlo; Montolivo, Marchisio; Aquilani; Cassano, Rossi

The thought of selling an Italian international for 6million (when a Scottish one may well cost almost double of that) is disgusting...

Juventus think they have us over a barrel because Aquilani has made it so very clear that he wants to stop there. They can go and f'ck themselves. I don't want him back, but AFAIC if £6 mill.is all they're prepared to fork out, back he comes.

He's worth £10M to £11M of anyones money.

I'd pay that again just for his form at the end of last season, and I think he'll be decent under Dalglish. He's now playing for a manager whose key philosophy suits Aquilani's strengths.

Yes. Bring him back and let him stew if we have to. In fact seeing as we are again paying his £80,000 per week since last Tuesday, he should have been back here to have his fitness assessded before joinung the Italian squad.

Looks as if were gonna allow ourselves to get buttf*cked here.
£5 Million it is then.

I don't think so.

A practical approach would be to just allow this to become probably the worst Liverpool transfer in 20 years; however considering we've looked like transfer novices for far too long I suspect John Hery might rather take the ruthless approach and and bench him for 3 years.

We cannot take a loss of 12 million pounds which doesnt even include wages paid until the loan deal.

Who's we? None of the people who did the deal or had financial interests at the club are there any more. It's not like his asset value impacted on the sale price. It was the debt and only the debt that valued the club. It's not that 'we' can't stomach a loss. 'we' doesn't exist.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=44755.msg1342815#msg1342815 date=1307117764]
Who's we? None of the people who did the deal or had financial interests at the club are there any more. It's not like his asset value impacted on the sale price. It was the debt and only the debt that valued the club. It's not that 'we' can't stomach a loss. 'we' doesn't exist.
[/quote]

Was thinking something similar earlier.

However, Avvy is right to the extent that it might be a better approach to play hardball so people know that the new owners don't let themselves get f*cked with.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=44755.msg1342815#msg1342815 date=1307117764]
[/quote]

Oh yes we does. The club goes on and has ongoing interests to protect.

I don't think that the board should get fucked over on it... But imagine you'd bought a house at auction, got a fucking bargain, but had to take on the finance on all the furniture. One of the sofas is in the loft doing fuck all but costing you 50 quid a month. Someone offers you a few hundred for it plus the monthly payments. It's not like it's a fine wine getting more valuable and it's not like everyone wants the thing, but every day you keep it, it's costing you money... and it effectively cost eff all.

In an ideal world I'd bring him back. I'd assume Dalglish would too... so I'd further assume that his agent has told us to fuck right off if we think he's going to put any effort in whatsoever if he comes back. I mean, Hodgson let him go after about a week. We can all argue that Hodgson's decision making was ropey... but I'm thinking it's more likely Aquilani made his intentions of getting back to Italy very clear.

I'm sure he has, which is why I don't want him back despite his undoubted ability, but I do think we have a very real interest in sending out a clear message to other clubs (not to mention players and their agents) by taking a stand now.

[quote author=Binny link=topic=44755.msg1342994#msg1342994 date=1307155985]
Thankfully just a head injury that required stitches. [/quote]

It'll develop into a brain ligament strain soon enough.

Surely FSG would have done an analysis and figured out how much he's worth in the market. Definitely not the 6m Juve have thrown about. Much as they like to get a good value out of their propsective buys, I'm sure the same rigour will be done for the sale of existing players.

Juventus will make a decision on the future of Liverpool-owned Alberto Aquilani in the next 48 hours.

"Juventus have first refusal on the player,” agent Franco Zavaglia told Radio Radio on Saturday morning.

“They have made a commitment with me and with Liverpool. We will have to wait for the next two days and then we will see what decision to make."

Aquilani joined Juventus on loan last summer from Anfield, with the option for the Turin giants to buy him outright for £14m.

However, that option expired on May 15 and, according to the Liverpool Echo, the Premiership club subsequently rejected Juve’s unattractive cut-price offer of just £6m for him.

Liverpool signed the former Roma player, who appeared for Italy in their 3-0 over Estonia last night, for almost £18m in the summer of 2009.

It’s understood that the Old Lady are now assessing whether to make a new bid for the player or to let him go.

Aquilani has been linked with other clubs, but Zavaglia admitted that Juve were the focus for now.

“I know nothing of Milan’s interest,” he continued. “Let’s wait for these next two days and then we’ll see what happens.”

Apologies for boring everyone with this everlasting thread and the chunk of reposts. Franco Zavaglia has got to be one of the worse agents from Italy. I've seen this 24 hrs, 48 hrs thing repeatedly even before the clause expired. It's getting close to a month now. Wonder how he managed to get the deal done with us back then. :-[

By the way, watched him in the first 24 minutes before he went off with the head injury. Only notable pieces of action: one nice back heel, and an atrocious dive that would make Ronaldo (the fake one) proud - for which he got booked. Not much else worth mentioning. Did get a nice headed goal though it was disallowed for an infringement; I think the keeper had switched off on hearing the whistle.

Rossi looked very good in the period of time that I watched though. Lots of good movement and touches, and a neat finish for the first goal.

[quote author=Binny link=topic=44755.msg1342994#msg1342994 date=1307155985]
Thankfully just a head injury that required stitches.
[/quote]

Hopefully, they'll be at the outer edges of both eyes.

Pull them fuckers away from each other !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom