• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ashes 2013-14

As I said yesterday, the agression shown against Swann is a fantastic tactic. He's too good a bowler not to have at least one day in the sun this series, but right now the Aussie batsmen are all over him.

Adelaide is a drop in pitch as the ground is being developed for Aussie rules and is low and slow apparently. The shield games they have played there this season aganst Western Australia was a runfest where most wickets fell to spinners, so the leg side targeting of him shouldn't be as effective if he is mentally ok. I would perservere with Trott and trust him to work his way out of this fault
Agreed - No need to hit the panic button just yet. He's class and all batman go through spells like this. I just with it wasn't in an ashes series!

I'm confident that Mitchell Johnson will be in tip-top condition for the Adelaide Test. He won't tread on any cricket balls in practice or have domestic accidents with car doors or concrete mixers. He will look both ways every time he crosses a road. :)

He'll get a slow drop in pitch in Adelaide, and won't be anywhere near as threatening. Despite bossing this test, he's still not a great bowler. Yes, he's got a fuckton of pace. And when the stars align, and he gets a bouncy deck he'll have a day out. But as badly as England performed in this match, it was Johnson who was the main difference, and I've never known him to keep that shit up for a whole series.

Agree entirely, I can't think of anyone I detest more in international sport. Glorified 20/20 slogger. I'd love to break his fucking jaw. Such a fucking big man picking a fight with Joe fucking Root for fuck's sake.

The broken arm/hand sledging is fine by me, by the way. It's a man's game, and I had no problem with Harmison opening up Ponting's face and not giving a fuck in 2005.

After reading about that sledging incident - I wouldn't be surprised if that completely incensed the England team. Anderson will want to take Clarkes head off in Adelaide! That Warner can fuck off as well. The Aussies are cock-a-hoop and seem very smug at at them moment. 4 more tests to go though.

Agree entirely, I can't think of anyone I detest more in international sport. Glorified 20/20 slogger. I'd love to break his fucking jaw. Such a fucking big man picking a fight with Joe fucking Root for fuck's sake.

why can't he pick a fight with Root ? root is bigger than him .

See I don't have any issue with what Clarke said. That's commonplace shit there, and don't think for a second that Anderson, Prior et al don't give it every bit as much when they're surrounding the wicket. No problem with that.

Warner needs to wind his fucking neck in though. One innings doesn't make you Donald Bradman davey. The tactis is obviously to get under the English skin and see if they can handle it, but it doesn't come from you Warner. That shit always comes back and bites you.

I predict that when he gets to around 30, Warner will become a born-again Christian like Matthew Hayden! :D

Jonathan Trott has quit the Ashes tour and flown home. He's suffering from a stress-related condition.

I feel really sorry for him but it's probably the best thing for him to get back to his family and have a rest.

It saves the selectors a problem.

Jonathan Trott has quit the Ashes tour and flown home. He's suffering from a stress-related condition.

I feel really sorry for him but it's probably the best thing for him to get back to his family and have a rest.

It saves the selectors a problem.

Puts Warner's comments in a much nastier and darker light. Banter on the pitch is ok but his interview was extremely disrespectful of a superior batter to him

I really hope that muppet is put in his place in the next tests. England need to win this series now big time.

Feel sorry for the lad but it's deffo for the best. I don't have much faith in Bairstow though. Maybe Stokes?

Too many players have complained about stress in the England setup... Didn't trescothick leave after similar issues?
Something is wrong within...

That's putting 2 and 2 together and making about 7 IMHO. The Trescothick business (a) was a fair old time ago and (b) was basically a case of terrible homesickness, nothing really to do with the state of the England camp.

Too many players have complained about stress in the England setup... Didn't trescothick leave after similar issues?
Something is wrong within...
That's an incredibly stupid and insensitive thing to say. It's a stress related condition. That's basically an illness. You might as well have a go at him for having a cold or flu or cancer. Silly KJ.....

I wasn't having a go at him, was I? What is so insensitive about what I have said?
The England team is out in Australia for the last 40 days and the tour has barely begun. They were also one of the first to start the long conditioning camp in some foreign country business. They go a step too far for preparation just because it worked once upon a time, and they have naturally people feeling the stress. I don't think I have said anything wrong, I'm backing Trott and thinking the management should get a handle on this. Which other Cricket team has players leaving because of Stress?

Well you mentioned Trescothick who's stress related illness was later diagnosed as being clinical depression. As someone who has some experience with that particular illness I can tell you it's got nothing to do with the amount of preparation they do. It simply amplifies an already existing problem. Depression doesn't discriminate - It's a nasty and unforgiving bastard of a thing to happen to someone. The lack of understanding regarding it staggers me sometimes. Being back with his family and out of that situation is absolutely the best thing for him.

Mental illness isn't funny but you can't help but have a laugh at this...

images

I really hope that muppet is put in his place in the next tests. England need to win this series now big time.

We need to man up and stand up to them, il'd like to see us take it up another notch on what they are doing and really get in their faces but we have a fair few wet blankets in our team unfortunately plus we don't have a real quick bowler to bowl 90mph at their throats, Finn used to be 90mph but all the fucking around with him by the coaches seems to of taken off a few mph.

They'll be up for it. I'm 100% positive about that. The Aussies and all their bluster have over egged themselves I feel but we'll we'll see. The replacement for Trott is a slight worry. He is after all, irreplaceable.

I think Red A has a point here. Something like this can galvanise a side, and the Wallabies' lack of class over the whole thing since Trott left the tour will accentuate that. The best thing they could have done was be gracious about it publicly, then get back to the sledging on the field where no-one else can hear it. The way they've actually reacted could end up playing into England's hands in the end.

I think Red A has a point here. Something like this can galvanise a side, and the Wallabies' lack of class over the whole thing since Trott left the tour will accentuate that. The best thing they could have done was be gracious about it publicly, then get back to the sledging on the field where no-one else can hear it. The way they've actually reacted could end up playing into England's hands in the end.

Agreed. Their lording it over us is pretty laughable and pathetic really, especially as they had been tonked by India and England this year. You'd have though they were bossing all comers for some time the way they are talking. It can only be motivating for our players, I really hope we do them in Adelaide with no talking - no triumphalism and therefore no schadenfruede!

Back
Top Bottom