• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Atalanta (H) - EL Thursday 8:00pm

People raving about how amazing Atalanta were. Not sour grapes or anything, but I didn’t see much from them other than a well drilled side. We gifted them at least two goals and the other was more shocking defending but a top finish

People raving about how amazing Atalanta were. Not sour grapes or anything, but I didn’t see much from them other than a well drilled side. We gifted them at least two goals and the other was more shocking defending but a top finish
Easier for the media to praise them than condemn us. I agree, they weren't great and created little; but that's the difference. They took their chances.

i couldnt even listen to my lucky lfc wedsite commentary , women had a voice like a hyena horrendous .just fuck off and do your own womens ,, games

Yeah, I get that but a 2% increase (the lowest in the league) when everything in society is increasing isnt that much to complain about imho.
Its not like the club isnt affected by the general increase in everything else.

Thats only my opinion though, and understand its different for everyone.

How Gomez stayed on the pitch after we made 5 subs defies all logic.
I had Bradley down for a banker to come on. Again WTF Klopp!
Wasn't totally gung ho until he subbed Endo, which was the right choice imo.
The third was due to a mistake by Szobo.

It was an embarrassing performance by the players today
No. There was no need to take off a midfielder for a forward. It was totally wrong. 120 mins left in the tie and Klopp gambled and lost. We could have got a goal back and be in the tie. No need for desperation. Klopp takes a huge amount of blame today despite poor performances all over the pitch.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatings, warning: viewer discretion advised...this won't be pretty.

Kelleher 5 - Few good saves to his credit but a massive blunder on the first.....not much better with the 3rd. Last kick of the game where he booted it out of play summed up today.

Gomez 2 - Was wondering when the Gomez of 2020-2022 would show. Absolutely fucking useless.
Konate 5.5 - Didn't deserve to be on the end of that scoreline tonight but have no idea where he was for the 3rd.
Virgil 3 - There's casual and there's not giving 2 fucks. Strolled about the entire game.
Kostas 2 - Offered nothing....in boxes halves of the pitch. Rightly hooked at HT.

Endo 4 - Thought he was ok today tbh......but ok from a fucking dreadful bunch.
Mac 4 - Anonymous.
Jones 4 - Good pass to set up Darwin for our first chance so a +1 there otherwise anonymous.Rightfully hooked at HT.

Harvey 4 - Nice strike which hit the bar/post so a +1 there otherwise anonymous. Rightfully hooked at HT.
Nunez 3 - Awful miss, execution was pathetic. 1 or 2 other half chances not taken.
Gakpo 7 - Only one that comes away with credit.

Subs were all mostly shit. Robbo did ok, shame Mo fucked up his run because that was a brilliant ball. Szobo looked like doing something for the first 10 mins of 2nd half then did fuck all. Jota playing head tennis with Mo.

Wank all round. Credit Atalanta who did a number on us, man to man tight marking which suffocated us.

Gasperiniin!!!!

MASSIVE decision for the 2nd leg now. I’d send the same starting 11 out

(A) for redemption opportunity
(B) to concentrate on the league

All comes down to tactics. They're clearly not a better side than us, they just got the tactics right on the night. Never budged out their man to man marking and suffocated us playing out the back......they must've saw all the changes we made and took real encouragement.

A midfield of Endo Mac and Jones just does not work, all incredibly slow. Then add Harvey who adds no penetration in a front 3. We made it too easy for them and they said yes please.

Price is going up for all non season holders too. But feels maybe wrong way to have done it, it did hurt the team more.

We lost 3 -0 at home to the currently 6th best team in Italy
This is fucking scandalous

Look forward to klopp blaming it on the wind or something shitn

No worse than some on here blaming the protest which only removed the flags and banners

Weirdly i think if Mo was onside for that goal we could have ended up winning 3-2.

It's easy to criticise the protest for the season ticket increase when you're not the one having to pay more. Two seasons on the run the price has gone up and the extra revenue generated is hardly going to make a major difference to the club anyway so why piss off supporters unnecessarily.

Having a ST is an honour not many can even dream of getting. It would obviously be brilliant if they were cheaper, but a 2% raise isn’t exactly wild profiteering from the owners who are quite clearly reinvesting into the club and facilities

The Gakpo love in is fucking weird. That spastic had 2 chances in the first half to slide in Elliott and fucked both of them up. Guy worked hard yet was typical Gakpo. You see him but nothing ever fucking happens. Fucking gash.

Then there’s fucking donkey. He can just fuck off back to Uruguay the fucking fraud.

Tsimikas needs drowning in cold pressed virgin olive oil. The weapon.

Seeing Jota play and actually make things happen gave me a twitch on.

I get the whole being opposed to the ticket increase by 2 %, but it doesnt help the team when the atmosphere is a bit shit.

Agreed. Not worth sabotaging the club with a moaning strike over a 1 pound increase. We have to fecking compete.

Having a ST is an honour not many can even dream of getting. It would obviously be brilliant if they were cheaper, but a 2% raise isn’t exactly wild profiteering from the owners who are quite clearly reinvesting into the club and facilities
I’ll bet most of the turds who are complaining about it were shouting “pay him what he wants”. Yea, do that, just not with my fucking money.

We didn't.. he took it upon himself as he always does. Hence he should be banished from ever making a thread henceforward.
For the record Brizzle told me thanks!

Just for historical accuracy.

Poor performance, we are knackered surprise surprise trying to win everything means we run out of juice at the tail end of the season.

Where have I seen that movie before.

Yeah, I get that but a 2% increase (the lowest in the league) when everything in society is increasing isnt that much to complain about imho.
Its not like the club isnt affected by the general increase in everything else.

Thats only my opinion though, and understand its different for everyone.
It amounts to about £2 million extra for the club when our revenue last season was £683 million, hardly game changing. The owners have shown repeatedly how out of touch they are with the fans (especially local fans) and at time when people are struggling to pay bills this feels like either an ill judged decision or a cynical decision to price some people out of going. I was watching a podcast the other day (the late challenge with two lads who used to be on the Anfield Wrap) and they stated there that ticket prices since 1990 when one of the lads started going had increased by 1300% since then which is incredible.

I bought my first season ticket in 1988 and i think it cost £58 and now for the next season it's £765. I can only afford to go to league games now as the extra cost for cup games is too much for me but the club don't care as there will always be someone else to snap up the ticket.

Back
Top Bottom