• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Atalanta (H) - EL Thursday 8:00pm

For the record Brizzle told me thanks!

Just for historical accuracy.

Poor performance, we are knackered surprise surprise trying to win everything means we run out of juice at the tail end of the season.

Where have I seen that movie before.
What bollocks. Energy wasn't the issue. No one looked tired. They were just gash because you started the match thread. Don't try and weasel out of it.

What bollocks. Energy wasn't the issue. No one looked tired. They were just gash because you started the match thread. Don't try and weasel out of it.

They can be mentally tired though. No chance of resolving that this season though

For the record Brizzle told me thanks!

Just for historical accuracy.

Poor performance, we are knackered surprise surprise trying to win everything means we run out of juice at the tail end of the season.

Where have I seen that movie before.
AFAIK you have started 3 threads this year prior to this one and I can take away thread starting permissions (I think). So, do you promise to not start a match thread to the end of the season? Or do I have to get all admin-y?

It amounts to about £2 million extra for the club when our revenue last season was £683 million, hardly game changing. The owners have shown repeatedly how out of touch they are with the fans (especially local fans) and at time when people are struggling to pay bills this feels like either an ill judged decision or a cynical decision to price some people out of going. I was watching a podcast the other day (the late challenge with two lads who used to be on the Anfield Wrap) and they stated there that ticket prices since 1990 when one of the lads started going had increased by 1300% since then which is incredible.

I bought my first season ticket in 1988 and i think it cost £58 and now for the next season it's £765. I can only afford to go to league games now as the extra cost for cup games is too much for me but the club don't care as there will always be someone else to snap up the ticket.

Yeah, I can understand that. The prices are alligned with the development of everything else though. Only chance for keeping the prices low are to have the same set up as in Germany. Sadly that wont happen.

I dont think 2% is an attempt to price anyone out of going to Anfield. But I wish they didnt pick a European QF to do a protest.
Probably Klopps last ever home game in Europe.

You can’t rely on such an important position on a 20yr old who has been injured 18 months. Stick the ticket price up by another 5% and sign a DCM.
I absolutely would. The guy is a natural baller.

Reactions: dee
Yeah, I can understand that. The prices are alligned with the development of everything else though. Only chance for keeping the prices low are to have the same set up as in Germany. Sadly that wont happen.

I dont think 2% is an attempt to price anyone out of going to Anfield. But I wish they didnt pick a European QF to do a protest.
Probably Klopps last ever home game in Europe.
Th bell ends wouldn’t have done that had we been playing Barcelona.

Atalanta were great, they had our number. Well organised, energetic. To be fair, they could have had more. From the get-go, they looked handy down the right-hand side.

We look tired. And I think we've over-achieved this year, like we underdid last year. 3rd in the League is about right for this team.

We've missed Alisson, Kelleher is good, but not good enough for a top team.

In hindsight, Bradley is promising, but he's no Trent. Konate is either injured or playing himself back in. Gomez is an ace filler, but a filler nonetheless. Robertson looks spent.

I was surprised Curtis and Harvey were hooked, I thought they looked ok. Curtis is great, Harvey shouldn't be 1st 11 yet but is getting there. Midfield was shite tonight.

Up front has become a problem. Gakpo isn't good enough for a top team. Nunez is all cult hero and no delivery, not good enough. Diaz is effort, with some quality but not enough. That there is a whole load of problem, they're not top quality. Salah is but has had no tea for a month, Jota is but has been/is always injured.

Champions League next season is great but I do wonder whether we need a slightly bigger re-think. And obvs, like everyone, I'm worried about the new Manager. Getting anything from Portugal is like the middle aisle in Aldi, some great stuff, some stuff that needs incinerating.

Cannot believe the Irish Kev posts.

EVERY SINGLE PLAYER had an off day today. I don't see a single post saying Macca isn't a top tier player, VVD isn't a top tier player etc etc

We have been well blessed to have a 'keeper as talented and professional as Caominh (pols on spelling!). He's played as many games as Ali this season apparently, so how we get to the determination he's not good enough after one (mildly) bad night.

Back
Top Bottom