• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barcelona vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Huge game that the whole world will be looking forward to.

Only decision really is CM and if Bobby isn’t fit.

Cannot wait to tear them apart.

Huge game that the whole world will be looking forward to.

Only decision really is CM and if Bobby isn’t fit.

Cannot wait to tear them apart.

I am with you on this, those cunts need to be punished, I know some on here will be timid about this, but really they are there for ripping apart, and we ill rip them apart. I just hope none of our players decide to spend time with Coutinho and ask him to look for a house in the summer. Fuck that - they need to be punished big time.

We need to be in the tie for the second leg. Messi is ridiculously good. It will be tough to keep him quiet for the full 90 at home. I would still back us to score 2. We have nothing to fear. It will be a great game

We need to be in the tie for the second leg. Messi is ridiculously good. It will be tough to keep him quiet for the full 90 at home. I would back us to score 2. It will be a great game

Yeah - I know he is good but we have Lovren who is more than capable of taking care of him. Done it in the world cup so can do it for Liverpool if called upon.

I will be honest with you all - neither Messi or Ronaldo have ever worried me. Could not give a shit, so long as we can pass it around a little in midfield - we will be more than ok at their place.

If Bobby isn't 100% fit, I'd play Fabs rather than Origi or Studge. Play a sort of 4-4-2.

Do we think Lovren will get the nod alongside Virgil ?

I worry about VAR handball calls...

Suarez has a knack with his first touch aimed at an uncomfortable height past the defender closest to him.

Barca are formidable at home abut not really that intimidating on the road. If we can keep the game tight and bring it back to Anfield I think we will beat them.

Would love to dump Suarez and Coutinho out

It’ll be Matip.

I’d be tempted to play Shaq instead of Origi if Frim is out.

Milner Gini and Fabs midfield?

Barca are formidable at home abut not really that intimidating on the road. If we can keep the game tight and bring it back to Anfield I think we will beat them.

Would love to dump Suarez and Coutinho out

Same as us then. Bayern aside we have been schocking away in Europe. Even the Porto match was a mare.... it is quite bizarr the two knock out matches away is 7-2 in our favour.

Yes, why don't you keep thinking about it so that normality can be restored as in 7-7.

Spurs managed 1-1 at their place.
I would happily take that into the second leg if we could.

Fuck it, we'll beat them 4-1 at the Nou Camp (I'll grant Messi a goal) and it will be a boring enough 1-0 win at home.

Though, as I'll be at Anfield, a close tie with a last minute winner may be more appealing

Back 5 and front 3 picks itself. In midfield I would go for Fabinho, Henderson and Gini. In case Bobby is not available, play Naby on the left and move Mane / Salah to CF. Control the midfield, score an away goal and don’t concede more than 2 as a worst case scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Robbo and VVD need a big 2 legs against Messi. Especially Robbo defensively, we know he has what it takes but is subject to lapses at the back. Can't have them against Messi. Wonder if Gomez plays RB against Coutinho? Should be a great tie.

Messi was the only one rested today, came on at half time... and win the game for them. We need to be extreme sharp come wednesday.

Messi was the only one rested today, came on at half time... and win the game for them. We need to be extreme sharp come wednesday.
The game was live here in ITV4, Barca were shit mate, we are more than Levante and Manchester United up front..if Barca play like that against us on Tuesday, the first leg will be the end of them.

The game was live here in ITV4, Barca were shit mate, we are more than Levante and Manchester United up front..if Barca play like that against us on Tuesday, the first leg will be the end of them.

I think we’ll beat them but you can’t judge them on a game they didn’t mean much. They were always winning the league just a matter of when. They would have both eyes firmly on our game and doing the bare minimum needed to win

We’re losing this game by a significant margin.

Barca looked piss poor at the back though.. really poor...

Lost count the amount of times levente raped them for pace... Poor finishing from levente, they really could have got something from that game...

Last edited:
Massive massive game

And will really give us a barometer as to how good this team is.

Sit back and hit Barca on the break 1st game.

At home might be a more difficult game if we come back say 1-1 etc.

Just don't get overawed by the Nou Camp and Messi Suarez etc.

I'm gutted I'm on a fucking flight to Crete while this 1st game is on....

Massive massive game

And will really give us a barometer as to how good this team is.

Sit back and hit Barca on the break 1st game.

At home might be a more difficult game if we come back say 1-1 etc.

Just don't get overawed by the Nou Camp and Messi Suarez etc.

I'm gutted I'm on a fucking flight to Crete while this 1st game is on....

Yep. We had a somewhat easy run last year City aside.

Then Real best us. This is a massive test for this set of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom