• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Benteke - BOOOOOO the puns

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."

Is anybody not going to be "done" unless their foot stamping doesn't get what they want this close season?

I've got better things to spend my money on thanks. I don't see why I should continue to fork out to watch an inept manager and committee buy shit and serve up shit.

I'm not sure we have many players that would strengthen them

I'd lure them with the delicious prospect of a front line that could consist of Balotelli, Lambert and Borini. There is absolutely no way any of them could resist. I'd be expecting a bidding war.

Still don't want him. Still sure we'll spunk all our money on him and he won't fit the 'system', whatever the fuck that means.

From the Echo

Christian Benteke, the Aston Villa striker, is another target, though the Reds are unlikely to meet the £32.5m buyout clause in the Belgian’s contract. They value the 24-year-old closer to £20m.

Good - hopefully this follows our standard approach to transfers and we keep low balling and get nowhere...

.... Except the bit where he signs a new contract and we eventually pay more than the release clause.

Uttterly bizarre. The agent has apparently been duped by some bloke who can't even do an Irish accent, let alone sound like Rodgers. This must be a whoosh of whooshiest proportions.

Regards to these minimum release clauses, how do they work for payment structure? e.g could we offer the villa 1mill and the 31.5mill if he scores a billion goals? Could we offer 1mill a year over the next 32.5 years?

Just watching France getting mauled by Belgium-- 4-1 in the 70th minute. Some great players in the Belgian team but that doesn't include Benteke. I counted two headers and that was it as he was taken off after 60 minutes.

Just watching France getting mauled by Belgium-- 4-1 in the 70th minute. Some great players in the Belgian team but that doesn't include Benteke. I counted two headers and that was it as he was taken off after 60 minutes.

I watched that game too. Origi on the bench and Benteke up front.

We'll somehow end up with the only two Belgians that can't play football.

Yep, I'd go so far as to say if the club retains Rodgers I'm fucking the whole thing off after 38 years.

Goodbye, arrivederci, auf wiedersehen. Fuck the lot of them and their cunting 'BRAND'.

Fucking sick of their bland, anodyne Americana bullshit. A river of corporate diarrhoea, a fountain of syphilitic spunk.

Meh.

"Calm Down" Its just a commercial

Who is Bacca?
Is he good?
Will he bring lots of wine?

We are going after him 5-6 years too late. Another Morientes.

While the comparison may work, I think I'd be more inclined to believe he'd be a success because of
a) He's far more physically imposing of a striker than Morientes ever was.
b) He's not as slow as Morientes

While the comparison may work, I think I'd be more inclined to believe he'd be a success because of
a) He's far more physically imposing of a striker than Morientes ever was.
b) He's not as slow as Morientes

Has there ever been a case of any striker over age of 28 moving to the PL and becoming a reasonable success? He may not be as slow as Morientes but he definitely is not fast enough. The adaptation will be too much for him.

If the links are true - Benteke, Llorente ( dunno what type of striker Bacca is?) - looks like we are looking for a more physical striker. Maybe we are changing our style of play?

Back
Top Bottom