• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bernardo breaching FA Rule E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantes

Very Well-Known
18799002-0-image-a-30_1569191901559.jpg

Kick it out and the FA of course flipped out. The guy who said articles about buying houses with no mention of race were totally racist, is now saying this....

[article]
"I don't feel there's any racism in it," said Sterling.

"It's a situation between two friends, Bernardo and Mendy, as everyone knows. I can see exactly the point where some people can get touchy-feely on it but I feel in that situation Bernardo made a joke to his friend.

"He's not referred to his skin colour, he's not referred to his lips. In both the pictures they've both got small heads, you know. The most important thing for me is he didn't refer to a colour."
[/article]

Aaaaaaashahahahahahaaaaa poor the raheem. Small heads, touchy feely, aahahahahaaaa. If I were a member of the fake news, it would now be open season on the disingenuous cunt.

I'd rather he played, so every away ground would rip him to pieces, break him, break their team, and see them drop into the Europa League spots.

18799002-0-image-a-30_1569191901559.jpg

Kick it out and the FA of course flipped out. The guy who said articles about buying houses with no mention of race were totally racist, is now saying this....

[article]
"I don't feel there's any racism in it," said Sterling.

"It's a situation between two friends, Bernardo and Mendy, as everyone knows. I can see exactly the point where some people can get touchy-feely on it but I feel in that situation Bernardo made a joke to his friend.

"He's not referred to his skin colour, he's not referred to his lips. In both the pictures they've both got small heads, you know. The most important thing for me is he didn't refer to a colour."
[/article]

Aaaaaaashahahahahahaaaaa poor the raheem. Small heads, touchy feely, aahahahahaaaa. If I were a member of the fake news, it would now be open season on the disingenuous cunt.
Yes, this is an incredible piece of mental contortionism to state Bernardo hasn't 'referred' to skin colour or lips, when this is exactly what he did through posting that image. What the fuck is the small heads thing even about? It's groping desperately for a reference in the image that isn't explicitly racial. I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.

Yeah it's bullshit by Sterling. Silva is definitely using that image to joke about his likeness. So it's definitely skin colour, the size etc. That picture is basically "generic black African kid". The cartoon has an inflated belly as well, probably modelled after starving kids.
It was stupid by Silva. He might not be a racist but the way he used that image was racist.

Yeah it's bullshit by Sterling. Silva is definitely using that image to joke about his likeness. So it's definitely skin colour, the size etc. That picture is basically "generic black African kid". The cartoon has an inflated belly as well, probably modelled after starving kids.
It was stupid by Silva. He might not be a racist but the way he used that image was racist.

May not be racist?

As if anything Sterling ever said or thought is relevant in any form.

The guy is plain stupid. Plus he runs like a girl.

This 'small heads' attempted deflection is the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. The racist mascot has fucking enormous head. I mean its not remotely plausible thats the gag.

John Barnes was one of my idols growing up and outside the pitch he's been influential regarding racism in football. I've been on his side in most of his arguments but he' starting to lose me a bit now. His recent comments were a bit disappointing.

Speaking on talkSPORT, Barnes said: "Why are they offended by that picture?
Silva's post caused controversy
"I know the ramifications historically, I know about the cartoon, I know everything that goes on and about how black people are disenfranchised.

"The point I’m trying to make is we have to change the narrative.
"I should be able to look at a carton of a jet black man with big lips and not feel that is negative.
"Why do we feel that’s negative? Because historically that has been the narrative, but we have to change the narrative.
"There are lots of black men who look that way, so we have to change the narrative of that being negative.
"We have to start saying, there’s nothing wrong about showing a cartoon, depending on the context of which you’re actually using it, of a black man with big lips, of which there are millions and there’s nothing wrong with that.
"I more than anybody else would tell you about the ills of racism and I’ll call out anybody about being racist, so I’m not defending any kind of racism.
"I’m talking specifically about this incident."

Yes, John I agree with you.We need to change the narrative, but it doesn't start with Bernardo Silva.
In my opinion that picture is extremely racist and I expected Barnes to come out and at least say that Silva should be more responsible and aware. Yes, the history attached to those types of images are imprinted in our heads as derogatory, but how the hell can he say that some black men look like that?!
Also Silva was using that cartoon to make fun of him, he doesn't actually look like that cartoon at all.

Remember when someone threw a banana at Bale because he looks like a monkey and people were saying that was racist.

Loads of people don't have a clue what racism is anymore.

I don't think Silva posted that with any racist intent. In fact, I know he didn't.

But then I think, fuck it, it's Bernardo Silva and it's City, so throw the book at him.

Remember when someone threw a banana at Bale because he looks like a monkey and people were saying that was racist.

Loads of people don't have a clue what racism is anymore.

I don't think Silva posted that with any racist intent. In fact, I know he didn't.

But then I think, fuck it, it's Bernardo Silva and it's City, so throw the book at him.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Nobody gets to mention that word in the context of racism in this country ever again. Fuck that shit right off. This isn't 2013. He's a racist. Deal with it.

John Barnes was one of my idols growing up and outside the pitch he's been influential regarding racism in football. I've been on his side in most of his arguments but he' starting to lose me a bit now. His recent comments were a bit disappointing.

"I know the ramifications historically, I know about the cartoon, I know everything that goes on and about how black people are disenfranchised.

"I should be able to look at a carton of a jet black man with big lips and not feel that is negative.
"Why do we feel that’s negative? Because historically that has been the narrative, but we have to change the narrative.
"There are lots of black men who look that way, so we have to change the narrative of that being negative.
"We have to start saying, there’s nothing wrong about showing a cartoon, depending on the context of which you’re actually using it, of a black man with big lips, of which there are millions and there’s nothing wrong with that.
"I more than anybody else would tell you about the ills of racism and I’ll call out anybody about being racist, so I’m not defending any kind of racism.

Yes, John I agree with you.We need to change the narrative, but it doesn't start with Bernardo Silva.
In my opinion that picture is extremely racist and I expected Barnes to come out and at least say that Silva should be more responsible and aware. Yes, the history attached to those types of images are imprinted in our heads as derogatory, but how the hell can he say that some black men look like that?!
Also Silva was using that cartoon to make fun of him, he doesn't actually look like that cartoon at all.

Football had a chance to change the narrative in 2013. It made it's choice. Now it's time play along, turn that choice around, and troll the total fuck out of them.

Football had a chance to change the narrative in 2013. It made it's choice. Now it's time play along, turn that choice around, and troll the total fuck out of them.

What does this part mean..? Are you talking about Suarez?

... and a long explanation that no-one will read...

What does this part mean..? Are you talking about Suarez?

Yes. They interpreted the equivalent law as a strict liability offence, made intention irrelevant to Rule E3, and thereby turned racism into a list of bad words or actions merely to be avoided. All for the sole purpose of lynching our best player so as to hide their own actual filthy racism behind their disgusting moral grandstanding and virtue signalling. Fuck them. Had I been in that hearing, none but Suarez would have left alive.

Why do you think Barnes said it?

But if you believe it’s so wrong to say what he said and he’s generally on the money on this topic what could be driving this opinion?

It does seem weird.
From his previous statements I've gathered that Barnes looks at racism on a bigger scale. He looks at structural racism, disenfranchisement, inequality etc.
I'm all for that, but it doesn't mean that everything that doesn't fall under one of those topics isn't racist.
To be completely honest I don't want Silva to be punished and I don't think he's a racist, it was just him being ignorant.
Still, the picture is racist. There's no defending it and comparing a black person to it was definitely a racist act. That is what I wanted Barnes to say.

Last edited:
No one is ever allowed to post likeness to cartoons ever again, white, black, asian, latino. It's all racist by the looks of things.

That Crouch vs Timmeh comparison? RACIST!!
That Moyes vs Gollum comparison?
ALSO RACIST!
You get my point.

Surely the only one who can make a complaint about this is Mendy himself? Since that's the person it was aimed at.

If he didn't take offence, why the hell is everyone else up in arms about it? Making it seem like the worst crime ever. Even Raheem has backed Silva, that should tell you this is a mountain out of a mole hill scenario.

If it had racial connotations like robinsons several decades ago, then Silva is at worst being ignorant (like I am, as I'd never seen that picture in my life until last week) if Mendy didn't take offence.

No one is ever allowed to post likeness to cartoons ever again, white, black, asian, latino. It's all racist by the looks of things.

That Crouch vs Timmeh comparison? RACIST!!
That Moyes vs Gollum comparison?
ALSO RACIST!
You get my point.

Surely the only one who can make a complaint about this is Mendy himself? Since that's the person it was aimed at.

If he didn't take offence, why the hell is everyone else up in arms about it? Making it seem like the worst crime ever. Even Raheem has backed Silva, that should tell you this is a mountain out of a mole hill scenario.

If it had racial connotations like robinsons several decades ago, then Silva is at worst being ignorant (like I am, as I'd never seen that picture in my life until last week) if Mendy didn't take offence.

Wait a second. You can't see that that image has racial connotations? You need to be told? Also, connotations is putting it mildly. These comic characterizations are from WAYYY before anyone needed to be subtle about racism.

Sterling was put in a impossible position. Denounce the racist post or cause a split in the dressing room. Barnes is slowly loosing credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom