• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Billy Gilmour Chant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this actually a newcomer, and not a fake dual account?!

I feel a bit disappointed if not.

My initial assumption was that he had been here before. Genuine newcomers don't tend to show their mental colours that quickly.

Mind you, the opportunity to rail against wokeness that this thread presented could have easily accelerated that process.

At the very least he would have been the type who had been banned from numerous other places and he would have gone eventually.

As I can't be arsed reading though all 15 pages can someone please point me to the post that got him banned.

For me, the chant isn't homophobic. It's all about players being swayed by lots of money (as in prime Chelsea 00's). Now we've been told that it's got different connotations by a group within our own fanbase, I've no problem letting the chant die.
There's an argument to say that the people chanting it are not aware it is homophobic or are unaware what "rent boy" actually refers to, but ultimately rent boy means exactly one thing, and when that is understood then the homophobia stands out like a sore thumb. So, effectively, this is a teachable moment (a bit like the one with e banner about Mr Origi's anatomy)

One of the twats from Redmen TV (which, incidentally, is to me what TAW is to Momo) went on a rant on camera, after the Gerrard, slip about "rent boys" and subsequently had to apologise. His excuse was he didn't realise what "rent boy" meant, which I guess is understandable, but the apology was still needed, and he learnt from it & never repeated it.

As I can't be arsed reading though all 15 pages can someone please point me to the post that got him banned.
Any one of them would do it for me. But I would suggest the hateful xenophobia in the "New Anfield Entry System" thread was the killer punch for him

You banned him? Fucks sake, he'll now go off in the belief I'm the woke snowflake who complained about words, and then spread those malicious rumours to the right wing circles he frequents. I'll be ostracised from them, kicked out my own community in disgrace like the highlander. Because of fake news. Fuck me.

Any one of them would do it for me. But I would suggest the hateful xenophobia in the "New Anfield Entry System" thread was the killer punch for him
Cheers, I hadn't ventured down that rabbit hole as they way things are going I'm not sure when I'll next get to a game.

You banned him? Fucks sake, he'll now go off in the belief I'm the woke snowflake who complained about words, and then spread those malicious rumours to the right wing circles he frequents. I'll be ostracised from them, kicked out my own community in disgrace like the highlander. Because of fake news. Fuck me.
Dude, this is great. This is your greatest ever post.

The irony would be blissful

If the name fits, Dante.

Just embrace it.

There can be only one, Dantes.

Cheers, I hadn't ventured down that rabbit hole as they way things are going I'm not sure when I'll next get to a game.
Yeah, I missed it too..

That thread content was borderline ban worthy.. it was only a matter of time.

For me, the chant isn't homophobic. It's all about players being swayed by lots of money (as in prime Chelsea 00's). Now we've been told that it's got different connotations by a group within our own fanbase, I've no problem letting the chant die.

Are you sure? I've always presumed it was alluding to male prostitution. Like 100% sure that's what the chant was inferring to.

Are you sure? I've always presumed it was alluding to male prostitution. Like 100% sure that's what the chant was inferring to.
From a group of fans growing up in the late 90s early 00s. They would have probably thought it was related to the players taking Roman's money.. as did Fabio.

The second part of the paragraph says he's been educated so has no problem letting it go.

From a group of fans growing up in the late 90s early 00s. They would have probably thought it was related to the players taking Roman's money.. as did Fabio.

The second part of the paragraph says he's been educated so has no problem letting it go.

Don't get me wrong, I'm under no illusions we were using it disparagingly by calling them male prostitutes. For me that doesn't mean Inherently gay though. However if it's solely used as a gay slur/can be used as such, then I'm all for it fucking off

That's up to you. Would you introduce your new girlfriend to your parents if she was on the game? Hi mum, hi dad. This is Jane, otherwise known as vixen when she's working.

Or would your prefer Jane to have a normal job?
Second oldest profession in the world.

BBC is probably dumbed down crap. This is the one.

Edit: Don't let his estimate of the probability at the end bring you any comfort. Physicists are terrible with probability distributions, they have no concept of heavy tailed black swan events like their better paid colleagues working in finance have long since figured out. Sort like Trumps lawyer predicted the chance of the election not being fradulant as one in a quadrillion with a straight face. Complete headwand levels of understanding probability. Likewise with the higgs field vacuum state. It's far more likely than they think, because the distribution will actually have heavy tails.

Ah Arvin Ash .. watched a few of his videos. Yeah I like him, that was good. However the BBC one (on 4 potential ends of the universe) is also worth a view.

There's an argument to say that the people chanting it are not aware it is homophobic or are unaware what "rent boy" actually refers to, but ultimately rent boy means exactly one thing, and when that is understood then the homophobia stands out like a sore thumb. So, effectively, this is a teachable moment (a bit like the one with e banner about Mr Origi's anatomy)

B doesn't follow A. Understanding what Rent Boy means doesn't mean that the person using the term is homophobic. They may even use rentboy services themselves.
A person calling his girlfriend a whore because she slept with his best mate might not be against prostitutes in the slightest, though obviously it is meant as a derogatory statement but the basis is sleeping with multiple men (not that that is inherently wrong, it's up to the individual).

So the banning of using the Rent Boys chant should be based on it being derogatory not homophobic. Yeah I'm a pedant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom