• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Brighton (H) - Sun 14:00

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Might feel like i'm going early on this, but we are under a week away and I couldn't wait to fire this up.

Sunday could be a huge day for us in the title race, but we need to hold up our end of the bargain first and put the pressure onto Arsenal & City by taking home three points,

It feels to me that our team picks itself, but I suppose the left back slot is up for grabs if Klopp isn't 100% sure on starting Robbo yet.

For me the team is easy:

Kelleher

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Szobo
Mac Allister

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Expect some new names back on the bench in Jones and possibly Trent. Gravy will likely be fit enough to feature. Elliot might be challenging Szobo for a spot out there. Gakpo unlikely to challenge to start but at least he's showing good productivity for Netherlands.

I also wonder if we'd see Jota make the bench, if he's rumoured to be available for the United game on 7th.

I don't think rotation is too important in this, we need that statement win to kick off a new run of results. We then have Sheffield United at home in the midweek before we travel to Old Trafford. I expect us to manage some minutes in that game, to give us an upper hand. That Man United game is huge, but they have away trips to Brentford and Chelsea ahead of our visit so let's give ourselves every advantage.

It feels rare to get 3 PL games in a row, without the interruption of some cup. Three wins please, starting here.

Last edited:
Let's hope they all survive the last international game

I just hope a few more players drop out and arent involved in the last game. Loads of players from other clubs have dropped out.

Might feel like i'm going early on this, but we are under a week away and I couldn't wait to fire this up.

Sunday could be a huge day for us in the title race, but we need to hold up our end of the bargain first and put the pressure onto Arsenal & City by taking home three points,

It feels to me that our team picks itself, but I suppose the left back slot is up for grabs if Klopp isn't 100% sure on starting Robbo yet.

For me the team is easy:

Kelleher

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Szobo
Mac Allister

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Expect some new names back on the bench in Jones and possibly Trent. Gravy will likely be fit enough to feature. Elliot might be challenging Szobo for a spot out there. Gakpo unlikely to challenge to start but at least he's showing good productivity for Netherlands.

I also wonder if we'd see Jota make the bench, if he's rumoured to be available for the United game on 7th.

I don't think rotation is too important in this, we need that statement win to kick off a new run of results. We then have Sheffield United at home in the midweek before we travel to Old Trafford. I expect us to manage some minutes in that game, to give us an upper hand. That Man United game is huge, but they have away trips to Brentford and Chelsea ahead of our visit (and a days less rest), so let's give ourselves every advantage.

It feels rare to get 3 PL games in a row, without the interruption of some cup. Three wins please, starting here.
Imagine starting a match thread after starting the last one which resulted in a loss to our bitter rivals!
Shame, Shame!

Yes I think Brizzle's team is the one Klopp will go with and also the one I'd start at home to Brighton.

The biggest winner will be our bench. Could it be : Ali, Tsimikas, Trent, Quansah, Gomez, Gravenberch, Jones, Elliott, Gakpo and Jota !!?

Trent is probably back on the bench against Sheff Utd I reckon. Have we heard anything about Alisson? Its been quiet with few updates recently.

Strongest team available (which is outlined in the OP)

Then all I ask for is 3 points and no injuries please.

Trent is probably back on the bench against Sheff Utd I reckon. Have we heard anything about Alisson? Its been quiet with few updates recently.
All the hints have been that it’s long term, so I’m expecting early May or something…

Team picks itself. Brighton are having a missed year and are significantly weaker than last season. I watched them getting dismantled by Roma. In that game they were absolutely hopeless, and bordering on disinterested, in stopping the ball getting into the box. It will give opportunities for Bradley and Robertson shine and hopefully deliver some real quality for Nunez to attack.

Gomez at LB i imagine now, which might work well with Bradley on the right as Gomez can tuck in as a back 3, or do his own version of the ‘inverted’ role.

I don’t think we have any more players to worry about. Macca did 60 mins safely and got a goal.

Robbo put will be a loss. Mentioned early that Brighton look hopeless at stopping crosses into the box. Gomez does not offer that from the left. Diaz also prefers to cut in. We'll need one of Diaz or Macallister to get wide and potentially look to receive passes on the underlap and cut it back. Otherwise I fear we may look pretty blunt down that side.

Hopefully Dunk has another howler.

He might choose tsimikas for the left, who knows. Gomez for the right? Szob and Salah love a deep/wide cross

Hell, he might even start Elliott instead of szob. And Elliott really loves a cross

Robbo put will be a loss. Mentioned early that Brighton look hopeless at stopping crosses into the box. Gomez does not offer that from the left. Diaz also prefers to cut in. We'll need one of Diaz or Macallister to get wide and potentially look to receive passes on the underlap and cut it back. Otherwise I fear we may look pretty blunt down that side.

Hopefully Dunk has another howler.
I imagine Gomez won't be the one tasked with putting in crosses, he never does from the left. He tucks into midfield enabling the RB to get forward. No problem at all.

Tsimikas played 180mins +ET +Pens. In Georgia.

Gomez and Bradley as the fullbacks works nicely for me. Maybe even my preferred combo right now.
Really? not based on the last couple of games. They have done well but think we could do with return of the first choice wanna be DM.
Gomez especially was all at sea in the first 20 mins against United, I believe he then switched sides but I can't remember. Not a game I want to remember either.

Pity Trent isn't ready for the Bench for this, think we are really starting to miss him in the bigger games.

Be interesting to see how szob is. 2 goals in his last 2 internationals, so hoping he comes back ready to really kick on

Really? not based on the last couple of games. They have done well but think we could do with return of the first choice wanna be DM.
Gomez especially was all at sea in the first 20 mins against United, I believe he then switched sides but I can't remember. Not a game I want to remember either.

Pity Trent isn't ready for the Bench for this, think we are really starting to miss him in the bigger games.

Robbo hasn't really been at his best consistently this season and I think we look better with Bradley providing width.

Trent and Robbo are the better players but it has sometimes felt like we're less than the sum of our parts or that compromises elsewhere are made to accommodate Trent. I know we've been getting results but it still feels like a work in progress.

Mitoma out for the season which is good news given how good he has been against us in recent years.

Back
Top Bottom