• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Caice-d'oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no issues with us going for Caiceido - a player likely to have made us PL challengers. Our bid was £30m above Chelsea's at that stage.
Of course it was likely but not a given that Boeuly (sp) would respond.
Of course earlier would have been better but we were put in that situation by Fabs and Hendo ( and I agree with accepting those offers even if it left us short handed) and that money + the Lavia budget, meant we could have a go.
So no as far as the Caiceido bid went it was a gamble that could have paid off big - but flopped. Imagine if it had gone through.

We've made multiple errors of judgement over the past 2 years but that wasn't embarrassing nor amateurish, it showed ambition.

I just hope they've got a Plan C.

We should have had a transfer team in place a year ago.

We should have had a transfer strategy in place months ago.

We should have had alternatives to each target in place weeks ago.

If we were serious about Lavia, we should have bought him.

If we were serious about Caicedo, we should have at least been in the picture sooner.

It's great to deploy money but without a strategy to get the outcomes we need we're schmucks.

I'd be a stand up gent in my pursuit of Margot Robbie. I'd offer to wine and dine her, bring her flowers, write her poetry...

Doesn't mean my doomed attempts at wooing her (after stringing my 6/10 missus along for months) should be lauded.

As DSE said, just because we played ball with Brighton doesn't mean how we've approached transfers over the last however long isn't shambolic.
Jesus, I hope, for your sake, your missus doesn't read these forums.

Honestly Brighton are a bit of a disgrace here. Why have an auction if you’re not going to honor the results. Yeah I get it - to get more $ but no one will trust you in the market like this again

Honestly Brighton are a bit of a disgrace here. Why have an auction if you’re not going to honor the results. Yeah I get it - to get more $ but no one will trust you in the market like this again

I think so too, in principle.
It is a tough one though, as he has stunk up their camp and we are talking 115 million.
I believe he would have caved and signed for us if Brighton stood firm.

You know what - I don't think we were really in for him, we just thought we could when things were taking longer, and we probably knew he was going to Chelsea. There is no benefit in keeping this thread open for more posts, there is nothing left to say - he's a Chelsea cunt and a cunt he will remain. I want our new Samurai and whoever else we get to show he and that new bench-warmer joined the wrong fucking side.

Why should they? By that point they probably couldn't wait to get rid of the toxic shit, so for £115 million - yeah just go man and take the snakes with you.

You know what - I don't think we were really in for him, we just thought we could when things were taking longer, and we probably knew he was going to Chelsea. There is no benefit in keeping this thread open for more posts, there is nothing left to say - he's a Chelsea cunt and a cunt he will remain. I want our new Samurai and whoever else we get to show he and that new bench-warmer joined the wrong fucking side.

Agreed. Fuck that injury faking money worshipping whore. I'd rather have the guy that dragged Stuttgart up to the Bundesliga, scored the 92nd minute goal to keep them there, stayed loyal to them for three shitty seasons, became Captain despite being shorter than everyone else and speaking limited German, and has the whole fanbase in tears when he left.

Why should they? By that point they probably couldn't wait to get rid of the toxic shit, so for £115 million - yeah just go man and take the snakes with you.

Exactly, and we were probably full of guilt for getting their main midfielder in Mac10 for so cheap, so we were more than happy to give them a hand in getting more out of Chelsea, and to be fair - their man did in a slight dig at Caicedo suggest that he should have come to us and what an opportunity. So fair play to them, we of all people should know from previous Chelsea/Barca/Real Madrid experiences what its like when clubs come in to take your best players, at least they are getting top dollar. Other than Xabi Alonso/Torres/Coutinho - I felt short changed. Have never forgiven Real Madrid for taking Macca for free, and Owen for a paltry 12M + that turd Nunez.

yeah but it makes a mockery of their own process. Super unprofessional to do an auction and then turn around and make the auction meaningless.

Agreed. Fuck that injury faking money worshipping whore. I'd rather have the guy that dragged Stuttgart up to the Bundesliga, scored the 92nd minute goal to keep them there, stayed loyal to them for three shitty seasons, became Captain despite being shorter than everyone else and speaking limited German, and has the whole fanbase in tears when he left.

Yes!

The matter implies that Brighton created an auction without Caicedo's consent.

The Brighton CEO said in interview that they only re-entered negotiations with Chelsea when Caicedo and his representatives made it plain his choice was Chelsea in any circumstances.

In any event, as far as I know gazumping is legal, so Chelsea did nothing wrong in law.

Well, Caicedo gave us assurances he was open to joining, so he likely said the same to Brighton, which triggered the auction. Then once we won, he has a change of heart, Chelsea offer him increases terms and he and his agents skip off happily into the sunset. We came off worst, but Caicedo played all parties involved.

I wouldn't expect Brighton to knock back £115M and a sell-on clause on moral grounds. It's a fee that will set them up for years.

He might be that kind of player that works in a certain system/formation. At £111m, I'm glad we missed out on him

He might be that kind of player that works in a certain system/formation. At £111m, I'm glad we missed out on him
He would have been a fit for Liverpool — far more than at Chelsea. Even then, he’s massively overpriced but Klopp would absolutely have got him to work.

With the circus that’s Chelsea now, I doubt that he will be afforded the opportunity to adjust.

Chelsea is the better financial project for players
Liverpool is the better footballing project.

And players pick accordingly

Chelsea is the better financial project for players
Liverpool is the better footballing project.

And players pick accordingly
& location wise ofc is in Chelsea's advantage - life outside football.

Costco or Harrod's / Sefton or Stanley Park or Hyde Park & Kensington Palace / Liverpool Empire or London Palladium ....bit of a no brainer really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom