• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chinese "Devil Virus" - anyone worried?

Most reports I've seen suggest there is minimal or no difference between a vaccinated and unvaccinated person transmitting the disease. But yeah, as you've said, the greatly reduced serious cases is encouraging.

But if the vaccine passports are being brought in using the argument that they're needed to halt and monitor the spread... but the vaccines don't actually halt the spread... then why are they coming in? That's my major issue with all of this.
The reports i've read state the transmission is reduced by at least 50% in community transmissions (depending on which vaccine has been injected). Which obviously means a huge reduction in transmissions. Now if there was little to zero reduction then yes, the passports would be pointless.
-----

The BMJ, CDC etc. are all claiming substantial reductions in transmissions and asymptomatic infections in vaccinated people.

Adults infected with covid-19 three weeks after receiving one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine were 38-49% less likely to pass the virus on to their household contacts than people who were unvaccinated, a preprint released by Public Health England has shown.

Scientific American : There has been good news, too, on the subject of viral load in breakthrough cases. Researchers in Israel studied vaccinated people who became infected. The viral load in these breakthrough cases was about three to four times lower than the viral load among infected people who were unvaccinated.

The Delta variant of the coronavirus, now dominant in the U.S. and many other countries, may induce a viral load that is 1,000 times higher than the level that was typically associated with the ancestral lineage of the virus in early 2020. This higher viral load makes Delta infections more contagious, which has led to a greater number of breakthrough cases, albeit many mild or asymptomatic. But the mRNA-based vaccines still provide strong protection, with efficacy against symptomatic infection in the range of 80 to 90 percent. And the ability of these vaccines to substantially reduce viral load in breakthrough cases could be a valuable tool in containing spread of the Delta variant.

CDC
  • All COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized in the United States are effective against COVID-19, including serious outcomes of severe disease, hospitalization, and death.
  • Available evidence suggests the currently authorized mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna) are highly effective against hospitalization and death for a variety of strains, including Alpha (B.1.1.7), Beta (B.1.351), Gamma (P.1), and Delta (B.1.617.2); data suggest lower effectiveness against confirmed infection and symptomatic disease caused by the Beta, Gamma, and Delta variants compared with the ancestral strain and Alpha variant. Ongoing monitoring of vaccine effectiveness against variants is needed.
  • A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2 or to transmit it to others. However, the risk for SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus.
  • Studies are underway to learn more about the effectiveness of Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine.

The frustrating and confusing during this pandemic, and in general over recent years, is that I've seen evidence from equally reputable sources (some from BMJ as well) saying that there is no difference in viral load and transmission rates. So what do you believe?

I believe fuck all anyone says about any of this shit, apart from the fact that it's a nasty virus and it kills people so you're best off avoiding catching it.

Yeah, as I said, they're faring with it better. But it doesn't seem to offer too much in the way of halting transmission.
You said "better on the whole" which suggests the difference is marginal, which it isn't.

That aside, I do think we will need to live with transmission. Delta is a different beast and what looked possible with previous variants doesn't look likely with Delta.

Immunity from vaccination and then infection/mild disease might be the only way we get fully back to normal. Which would also allow us to free up vaccines for countries that need them more.

Booster jabs for those with medical reasons that they can't have a vaccine, or they don't fully work.

Fuck those that choose not to get a vaccine.

Some stats of note from NSW this morning.

Total Active Cases (inc local, interstate & overseas acquired) : 9,657

NSW patients currently admitted to hospital : 557
NSW patients in ICU : 94
NSW patients requiring ventilation : 31

No of those in ICU fully vaccinated : 0
No of those in ICU with one shot : 11
no of those in ICU not vaccinated : 83

% of NSW pop. fully vaccinated : 31%
% of NSW pop. with one shot : 58%

Total number of COVID related deaths in NSW in this outbreak : 71

NSW is currently seeing 800+ new cases a day - with numbers usually less than 100 that were quarantined for the full duration of their infectious period prior to testing.

There are next to no active cases in QLD, SA or WA.

VIC has hit over 60 new cases the last few days, with higher numbers not quarantined while infectious.

I’m not sure what conclusions can be drawn from just the figures, but the amount of deaths is significantly down from the Melbourne outbreak a year ago (and their are probably good reasons for this, as the Melbourne outbreak got into aged care and less in the community), but it does look that your chances of serious avoiding serious issues is significantly reduced with vaccination.

The other thing of note, is the amount of cases in children under the age of 10 - don’t have a figure for NSW, but yesterday’s figures were something like 26% children under the age of 10.

Australia’s strategy is being driven by the Doherty Institute - which broadly is to achieve 70-80% population vaccination rate, before reducing restrictions.

However this was all based on low levels of community infections (as in outbreaks of 10 or less), which thanks to NSW, Australia no longer has, so they’re revising the plan.

Given some of the other conversations in this thread - here is are some links to the Doherty Institute that may be if interest :

Vaccination risks/benefits, herd immunity, etc :
https://www.doherty.edu.au/news-eve...sk-benefit-herd-immunity-and-passive-immunity

Immunity to COVID :
https://www.doherty.edu.au/news-eve...id-19-a-key-to-unlock-vaccines-and-treatments

Trail of Ivermectin use :
https://www.doherty.edu.au/news-eve...tin-the-path-to-this-point-has-been-rocky-why

Lot of stuff on there - they should pass the Dantes test of being actual scientists with actual labs doing actual research.

As I said - these are the people informing Australia’s strategy, for better or for worse.

Yes, they are using your fear of extinction to scare you into handing over your taxes so that they can kit out their labs with equipment, you're just providing them with their company assets, all paid for by your back-breaking labour. Six months from now they will be using those assets to do paid consultancy works, and none of those returns will be going to you or refunded back to the treasury. Also in six months when you provide them with another research grant, because they have all the assets in place already, they won't need to buy anything with the grant, so all of that money will end up as salaries paid into their pocket.

But they're scientists! Experts! I'm sure their advice will be of the highest quality.

Yes, they are using your fear of extinction to scare you into handing over your taxes so that they can kit out their labs with equipment, you're just providing them with their company assets, all paid for by your back-breaking labour. Six months from now they will be using those assets to do paid consultancy works, and none of those returns will be going to you or refunded back to the treasury. Also in six months when you provide them with another research grant, because they have all the assets in place already, they won't need to buy anything with the grant, so all of that money will end up as salaries paid into their pocket.

But they're scientists! Experts! I'm sure their advice will be of the highest quality.

Mate... you either believe in science or you don’t. How would you prefer they get their funding? You constantly complain no-one’s “doing science” then anyone that is, you shouldn’t listen to.

Start up your own lab and prove them all wrong - I’m sure you can source your own funding.

I’d love to see it.

Mate... you either believe in science or you don’t. How would you prefer they get their funding? You constantly complain no-one’s “doing science” then anyone that is, you shouldn’t listen to.

Start up your own lab and prove them all wrong - I’m sure you can source your own funding.

I’d love to see it.

Ok, this guy will explain it better than I can.

"If it disagrees with experiment, it's wrong". Your boys and girls don't do these experiments anymore, because the way they are funded and the incentives it creates for them have turned them into career academics, they're not scientists in any true sense of the word. I do, and I've lost count of how many times I've been wrong and I actually seek the right answer with all my superior intellect. These other morons have no chance.

You do science to get the right explanation for reality, either to develop new technology, or to satisfy your curiosity. I would eliminate the academics, all of them, and put science back into the hands of wealthy curious aristocrats. It will be a shame, but at least they check their answers because that's what they want to find. Then the private sector can take those answers and develop the tech.

Professor: gets money to do research he has no clue about
Latin student: wastes six months believing the professor, tells him his equipment is laughable, can't do the job, need to move to different research centre to use theirs
Professor: wants to keep money, bullies latin student, forces her to do mind numblingly stupid research that you wouldn't believe, such obviously wrong research
Latin student: suffers
Professor: fires latin student
New student: licks ass, completes the dumbest research of all time, gets paid
Professor: gets paid
Science: loses talented researcher, gains a retard

Replicate this up and down the country, in every country. Then you'll have a good model for the state of science.

Ok... so let’s just ignore science completely then.

How do propose we proceed @dantes

How do we make informed choices and decisions when we can’t listen to science, politicians can’t be trusted and god forbid you make a decision based on “feels”.

What’s left - what we find on our Facebook feed? Twitter? Do we wait for Dantes to finish his research and tell us what to do?

All ears big guy..

Ok... so let’s just ignore science completely then.

How do propose we proceed @dantes

How do we make informed choices and decisions when we can’t listen to science, politicians can’t be trusted and god forbid you make a decision based on “feels”.

What’s left - what we find on our Facebook feed? Twitter? Do we wait for Dantes to finish his research and tell us what to do?

All ears big guy..

Career academic research: they have an idea, then their "work" begins, it consists of writing a proposal, getting dumbass feedback from a jobsworth, rewriting the proposal, kissing arse, eventually getting the money, dealing with recruitment, dealing with procurement, then one day far in the future you get around to doing the tests, then reviewing a shit load of other research, writing a literature review, writing up their results, putting it all into the format the journal wants, submitting a draft, rewriting the draft, flying off to places wasting money to lick more arse and present some graphs. Fucking months if not years have gone by. They've produced nothing, solved nothing, they've just done all this work to in the end discover their idea was wrong. Or worse yet, they've discovered nothing, they've just performed measurements and left the checking part to someone else as "future work". Then they move on to next years project.

Dantes financial research: has an idea, codes it up, tests it, doesn't work, learns why, goes to bed to sleep on it, some point in the night comes up with new idea, rinse repeat the next day. No time is wasted. My brain does nothing but think about the problem at hand. I do in one day what they waste a year on. So in a month I'm within touching distance of the answer. The only way I get to that answer is because I personally have tested the 30 wrong answers, and have learned from them. So I don't have to speak to anyone or go write a fucking war and peace literature review, it's all in my own head, I speak to myself, and figure out the solution by myself for myself. So I make progress on this. It's so different and it's how I imagine Einstein and those old scientists worked.

The first approach will lead to nothing. Science is so bloated and big, with people working on tiny bits here and there for years. To solve the problem, they have no chance. Teamwork is of no use here, it's pure bullshit. It's not like the old days, where you had scientific problems being worked on by a handful of great minds, who all spoke to each other and could all meet in the same room. Because the field wasn't so overblown yet. These days that's not happening. So you need one person to have enough experience and enough experiments under his belt to see the way forward. The only way you get that is with the second approach. So you need to gut the entire academic infrastructure and how it is funded. Terminate all the journals publishing nonsense research. Apply some basic project management principles to make it more efficient. In terms of recruiting scientists, they need to actively hoover up as many autistic leaning people as possible, the current model of "what kind of person are you, how woke are you, what are you hobbies" is utter bullshit and ends up with the wrong kind of people doing research.

Some stats of note from NSW this morning.

Total Active Cases (inc local, interstate & overseas acquired) : 9,657

NSW patients currently admitted to hospital : 557
NSW patients in ICU : 94
NSW patients requiring ventilation : 31

No of those in ICU fully vaccinated : 0
No of those in ICU with one shot : 11
no of those in ICU not vaccinated : 83

% of NSW pop. fully vaccinated : 31%
% of NSW pop. with one shot : 58%

Total number of COVID related deaths in NSW in this outbreak : 71

NSW is currently seeing 800+ new cases a day - with numbers usually less than 100 that were quarantined for the full duration of their infectious period prior to testing.

There are next to no active cases in QLD, SA or WA.

VIC has hit over 60 new cases the last few days, with higher numbers not quarantined while infectious.

I’m not sure what conclusions can be drawn from just the figures, but the amount of deaths is significantly down from the Melbourne outbreak a year ago (and their are probably good reasons for this, as the Melbourne outbreak got into aged care and less in the community), but it does look that your chances of serious avoiding serious issues is significantly reduced with vaccination.

The other thing of note, is the amount of cases in children under the age of 10 - don’t have a figure for NSW, but yesterday’s figures were something like 26% children under the age of 10.

Australia’s strategy is being driven by the Doherty Institute - which broadly is to achieve 70-80% population vaccination rate, before reducing restrictions.

However this was all based on low levels of community infections (as in outbreaks of 10 or less), which thanks to NSW, Australia no longer has, so they’re revising the plan.

Given some of the other conversations in this thread - here is are some links to the Doherty Institute that may be if interest :

Vaccination risks/benefits, herd immunity, etc :
https://www.doherty.edu.au/news-eve...sk-benefit-herd-immunity-and-passive-immunity

Immunity to COVID :
https://www.doherty.edu.au/news-eve...id-19-a-key-to-unlock-vaccines-and-treatments

Trail of Ivermectin use :
https://www.doherty.edu.au/news-eve...tin-the-path-to-this-point-has-been-rocky-why

Lot of stuff on there - they should pass the Dantes test of being actual scientists with actual labs doing actual research.

As I said - these are the people informing Australia’s strategy, for better or for worse.
How does the track & trace work in Australia or does it vary by state? Is it effective ?

A guy in this region of Shanghai was found to have asymptomatic CV last week (he is a hospital worker, they have regular PCR tests) during a routine test. Within 24 hours they had quarantined 66 close relatives/friends and instructed more than 700 others (close proximity shown via phone apps - on the Metro for example) to take PCR tests. It was reported none had positive tests.

How does the track & trace work in Australia or does it vary by state? Is it effective ?

A guy in this region of Shanghai was found to have asymptomatic CV last week (he is a hospital worker, they have regular PCR tests) during a routine test. Within 24 hours they had quarantined 66 close relatives/friends and instructed more than 700 others (close proximity shown via phone apps - on the Metro for example) to take PCR tests. It was reported none had positive tests.

It will vary by state because it’s a state responsibility rather that a federal responsibility.

It’s not like the UK system - that’s for sure - you don’t get pinged for being in close proximity to someone that tests positive.

QR codes, linked to a state system. If you’ve checked in at a site that gets designated an exposure site then I presume you’ll get pinged if you’re in the right time frame.

I had a friend in Sydney that got pinged yesterday because she went to a supermarket to buy some smokes for her hubby - supermarket must have had a positive case visit.

I think a lot of it is still “manual” - you know- you get a positive case, you get questioned about your movements.

They use genomic sequencing (NZ outbreak has been traced to Sydney), track & trace to link cases.

It seems to work in small scale outbreaks - if you lockdown quickly - but gets overwhelmed quickly.

Career academic research: they have an idea, then their "work" begins, it consists of writing a proposal, getting dumbass feedback from a jobsworth, rewriting the proposal, kissing arse, eventually getting the money, dealing with recruitment, dealing with procurement, then one day far in the future you get around to doing the tests, then reviewing a shit load of other research, writing a literature review, writing up their results, putting it all into the format the journal wants, submitting a draft, rewriting the draft, flying off to places wasting money to lick more arse and present some graphs. Fucking months if not years have gone by. They've produced nothing, solved nothing, they've just done all this work to in the end discover their idea was wrong. Or worse yet, they've discovered nothing, they've just performed measurements and left the checking part to someone else as "future work". Then they move on to next years project.

Dantes financial research: has an idea, codes it up, tests it, doesn't work, learns why, goes to bed to sleep on it, some point in the night comes up with new idea, rinse repeat the next day. No time is wasted. My brain does nothing but think about the problem at hand. I do in one day what they waste a year on. So in a month I'm within touching distance of the answer. The only way I get to that answer is because I personally have tested the 30 wrong answers, and have learned from them. So I don't have to speak to anyone or go write a fucking war and peace literature review, it's all in my own head, I speak to myself, and figure out the solution by myself for myself. So I make progress on this. It's so different and it's how I imagine Einstein and those old scientists worked.

The first approach will lead to nothing. Science is so bloated and big, with people working on tiny bits here and there for years. To solve the problem, they have no chance. Teamwork is of no use here, it's pure bullshit. It's not like the old days, where you had scientific problems being worked on by a handful of great minds, who all spoke to each other and could all meet in the same room. Because the field wasn't so overblown yet. These days that's not happening. So you need one person to have enough experience and enough experiments under his belt to see the way forward. The only way you get that is with the second approach. So you need to gut the entire academic infrastructure and how it is funded. Terminate all the journals publishing nonsense research. Apply some basic project management principles to make it more efficient. In terms of recruiting scientists, they need to actively hoover up as many autistic leaning people as possible, the current model of "what kind of person are you, how woke are you, what are you hobbies" is utter bullshit and ends up with the wrong kind of people doing research.

I feel like you need some therapy to overcome whatever trauma is blighting your life.

@dantes

Did you have a research project rejected.

Was this around the time the Colombian Post grad (because I took note when I called her an under grad) rejected your legal advice.

I mean... I don’t think we’re ready to explore her rejection of your “feels” for her... but in time when you’re ready to open up, we might tear the plaster off that one.

Here for you man.... #always

@dantes

Did you have a research project rejected.

Was this around the time the Colombian Post grad (because I took note when I called her an under grad) rejected your legal advice.

I mean... I don’t think we’re ready to explore her rejection of your “feels” for her... but in time when you’re ready to open up, we might tear the plaster off that one.

Here for you man.... #always

No, we get on just fine.

Full of shit as usual.

I clicked on the links to Iceland data, had a look, saw some of the other data that had been left out.

I did find the post word for word on some rugby forum though.

https://www.ruckersforum.com/forum/...rly-100-of-all-adults-being-vaccinated/36507/

The poster there is getting the piss ripped out of him as well for being a dick - so you’re in fine company.

Oh look... is this where you picked it up from :
https://dailyexpose.co.uk/2021/08/0...te-nearly-100-of-all-adults-being-vaccinated/

Great work, as always Ross, I wonder if you’ve had an original thought in your life.

Great avoidance tactics Sheep.

US states with the highest Covid hospitalisations also have the lowest vaccine uptake.

ca4fd6f3fe38e66f8cd21a702023436f.jpg

You should probably understand why that is.

The Department of Health in the USA doeant require the reporting of a vaccinated person coming to hospital with Covid. Only unvaccinated, hence the statistics looking as they do.

Skip to content

Bloomberg
Subscribe

Delta Variant
The Vaccinated Are Worried and Scientists Don’t Have Answers
By
Kristen V Brown
and
Rebecca Torrence
21 August 2021, 10:00 GMT+1Updated on 21 August 2021, 16:30 GMT+1
  • Anecdotes signal surprising number of infections in vaccinated
  • Officials must formulate plans despite a dearth of hard data

5 Tips to Fight Delta

5 Tips to Fight Delta

Anecdotes tell us what the data can’t: Vaccinated people appear to be getting the coronavirus at a surprisingly high rate. But exactly how often isn’t clear, nor is it certain how likely they are to spread the virus to others. And now, there’s growing concern that vaccinated people may be more vulnerable to serious illness than previously thought.

There’s a dearth of scientific studies with concrete answers, leaving public policy makers and corporate executives to formulate plans based on fragmented information. While some are renewing mask mandates or delaying office reopenings, others cite the lack of clarity to justify staying the course. It can all feel like a mess.

“We have to be humble about what we do know and what we don’t know,” said Tom Frieden, a former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the head of the nonprofit Resolve to Save Lives. “There are a few things we can say definitively. One is that this is a hard question to address.”

Read more: Booster Review Delayed by CDC as Debate Swirls Over 3rd Shot

Absent clear public health messaging, vaccinated people are left confused about how to protect themselves. Just how vulnerable they are is a key variable not just for public health officials trying to figure out, say, when booster shots might be needed, but also to inform decisions about whether to roll back reopenings amid a new wave of the virus. On a smaller scale, the unknowns have left music lovers unsure if it’s OK to see a concert and prompted a fresh round of hang-wringing among parents pondering what school is going to look like.

In lieu of answers, what has emerged is a host of case studies providing somewhat different pictures of breakthrough infections. Variables including when the surveys were conducted, whether the delta variant was present, how much of the population was vaccinated and even what the weather was like at the time make it hard to compare results and suss out patterns. It’s difficult to know which data might ultimately carry more heft.

“It’s quite clear that we have more breakthroughs now,” said Monica Gandhi, an infectious disease expert at the University of California, San Francisco. “We all know someone who has had one. But we don’t have great clinical data.”

1000x-1.jpg

Provincetown officials have issued a new mask-wearing advisory for indoors regardless of vaccination status.
Photographer: Barry Chin/The Boston Globe via Getty Images
One of the best known outbreaks among vaccinated people occurred in the small beach town of Provincetown, Massachusetts, as thousands of vaccinated and unvaccinated alike gathered on dance floors and at house parties over the Fourth of July weekend to celebrate the holiday -- and what seemed like a turning point in the pandemic. About three-fourths of the 469 infections were among vaccinated people.

Authors of a CDC case study said this might mean that they were just as likely to transmit Covid-19 as the unvaccinated. Even so, they cautioned, as more people are vaccinated, it’s natural that they would also account for a larger share of Covid-19 infections and this one study was not sufficient to draw any conclusions. The incident prompted the CDC to reverse a recommendation it had issued just a few weeks earlier and once again urge the vaccinated to mask up in certain settings.

Still, the particular details of that cluster of cases may have made that outbreak especially bad, according to Gandhi.

“The rate of mild symptomatic outbreaks in this population was higher because of a lot of indoor activity (including intimacy), rain that weekend, not much outside time and mixture of people with different vaccination status,” she said in an email.

A newly released, far larger CDC case study of infections in New York state, meanwhile, found that the number of breakthrough infections has steadily ticked up since May, accounting for almost 4% of cases by mid-July. Those researchers cautioned that factors such as easing public health restrictions and the rise of the highly contagious delta variant might impact the results.

Yet another CDC case study, in Colorado, found that the breakthrough infection rate in one county, Mesa, was significantly higher than the rest of the state, at 7% versus about 5%. The report suggested it was perhaps because the delta variant was circulating more widely there, but also noted the ages of patients in Mesa and the lower vaccination rate may have played a role.

Research out of Israel seems to back the idea that protection from severe disease wanes in the months after inoculation, and more recently, that breakthrough cases may eventually lead to an uptick in hospitalizations. The information is preliminary and severe breakthrough cases are still rare, but it bolsters the case that some people will need booster shots in coming months.

60x-1.jpg

Customers at a bar in Detroit, Michigan, where the number of people in the state hospitalized with confirmed or probable Covid-19 nearly doubled over 10 days in August.
Photographer: Emily Elconin/Bloomberg
Case studies and data from some states in the U.S. have similarly shown an increase in breakthrough cases over time. But with the delta variant also on the rise, it’s difficult to tell whether waning immunity to any type of coronavirus infection is to blame, or if the vaccinations are particularly ineffective against the delta variant. It could be both, of course. Changing behavior among vaccinated people could be a factor, too, as they return to social gatherings and travel and dining indoors.

The latest Covid updates

Make sense of the headlines and the outbreak's global response with the Coronavirus Daily.

Email

Bloomberg may send me offers and promotions.

By submitting my information, I agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
All that said, some facts are well established at this point. Vaccinated people infected with the virus are much less likely to need to go to the hospital, much less likely to need intubation and much less likely to die from the illness. There’s no doubt that vaccines provide significant protection. But a large proportion of the nation -- almost 30% of U.S. adults -- have not been vaccinated, a fact that has conspired with the highly contagious delta variant to push the country into a new wave of outbreaks.

“The big picture here is that the vaccines are working and the reason for the spike in the U.S. is we have too little vaccine uptake,” Frieden said.

To a certain extent, breakthrough cases of any virus are expected. In clinical trials, no Covid vaccine was 100% effective -- even the best vaccines never are. The more the virus is in circulation, the greater the risk of breakthrough cases. It’s also common for some aspects of viral immunity to naturally wane over time.

For the time being, there are simply more questions than answers. Are breakthrough infections ticking up because of the delta variant, waning immunity or a return to normal life? Are vaccinated people more vulnerable to severe illness than previously thought? Just how common are breakthrough infections? It’s anyone’s guess.

“It is generally the case that we have to make public health decisions based on imperfect data,” Frieden said. “But there is just a lot we don’t know.”

(Adds more on Israeli study in 13th paragraph.)

Tweet

Email

UP NEXT
Delta Covid-19 Case Wave in U.S. Northeast May Be Nearing Its Peak

From The Web

Find any bet you like with one of the best sportsbooks around.888sport

The Japanese Way To Remove Body ToxinsDetox Patches

Cinnpie responds to allegations of sexual misconducteSports

Ireland: A 40+ Dating Site That Actually WorksSingles50

by Taboola
Sponsored Links

Photographer: Houston Cofield/Bloomberg
Prognosis
Delta Case Wave in U.S. Northeast May Be Nearing Its Peak
By
Jonathan Levin
and
Elise Young
20 August 2021, 19:56 GMT+1

Parts of the U.S. Northeast may be near the peak of the latest Covid-19 wave, though there are still key areas of concern. Hospitalizations and deaths are likely to mount in the weeks to come.

Cases in Connecticut and Massachusetts have probably topped out, according to the consensus of forecasts published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Yet New York and New Jersey still are expected to see infection rates increase.

You should probably understand why that is.

The Department of Health in the USA doeant require the reporting of a vaccinated person coming to hospital with Covid. Only unvaccinated, hence the statistics looking as they do.

That seems very fucking dodgy

You mean the fiction that was just posted?

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/21/coronavirus-texas-vaccinated-deaths/

DSHS doesn’t track the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations among vaccinated people statewide because hospitals are not required to report that information to the state. Travis County’s health authority, Dr. Desmar Walkes, told county commissioners and Austin City Council members in a Tuesday meeting that almost all new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in the area have been among unvaccinated people.

“It’s not surprising that we have [increasing COVID-19] cases,” Lakey said. “This delta variant spreads very rapidly among individuals, and there’s only some of these individuals who have been vaccinated, and a small number of those will have severe disease. But the vast majority of the people that have severe disease will be the unvaccinated individuals.

To count deaths from the virus statewide, DSHS analyzes death certificates to find people whose cause of death was listed as COVID-19. Those records are then checked against immunization records to see if each person was vaccinated.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/21/coronavirus-texas-vaccinated-deaths/

DSHS doesn’t track the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations among vaccinated people statewide because hospitals are not required to report that information to the state. Travis County’s health authority, Dr. Desmar Walkes, told county commissioners and Austin City Council members in a Tuesday meeting that almost all new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in the area have been among unvaccinated people.

“It’s not surprising that we have [increasing COVID-19] cases,” Lakey said. “This delta variant spreads very rapidly among individuals, and there’s only some of these individuals who have been vaccinated, and a small number of those will have severe disease. But the vast majority of the people that have severe disease will be the unvaccinated individuals.

To count deaths from the virus statewide, DSHS analyzes death certificates to find people whose cause of death was listed as COVID-19. Those records are then checked against immunization records to see if each person was vaccinated.

You do realise that what you posted here just says that one county in Texas doesn't reveal whether hospitalised people are vaccinated or not, but you and all you dickhead mates have jumped on it like everything else that comes out as evidence of some sort of conspiracy?

The most likely reason they don't reveal this stat is because the dickheads there share your biases.

You do realise that what you posted here just says that one county in Texas doesn't reveal whether hospitalised people are vaccinated or not, but you and all you dickhead mates have jumped on it like everything else that comes out as evidence of some sort of conspiracy?

The most likely reason they don't reveal this stat is because the dickheads there share your biases.

Or because the truth is too devastating to the vaccine push.

And you haven't read it correctly, it confirms Texas wide its not counted.

Back
Top Bottom