• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Comolli Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kenny was bullshitting. kenny was in the door two seconds when carroll and suarez were purchased.

Or close to a month. Of course Kenny had something to say for Carrol. He was loosing Torres and needed to replace him. if he draw the deal I don't know, but he clearly had something to say on if they were prepared to let Torres go and Carrol come in.

Its hard to believe Kenny was involved in the Suarez deal as we were lining that up before Roy got the sack, it was all over the papers for about 3 weeks. Carroll is a different matter, it was a last minute roll of the dice based on Fernando demanding out, Kenny was in place so Im less inclined to believe he knew nothing about that one.

Weird for Dalglish to publicly say all the signings were his, its not exactly a badge of honour, perhaps its just a ploy to make the players think hes behind them all the way and he always wanted them regardless of what the truth is, Im not sure a Rafa style "I didnt sign him" declaration would be helpful ahead of the Everton game

How is that a warning to the players? I read it like, "we got rid of the one who bought you because you suck".

The warning to the players is simply if you dont perform then you'll be gone. Look at how at the circumstances surrounding Torres and Meireles. Sold for different reasons with no remorse and we made a profit too.

Re the timing:

@anfieldonline: Comolli news wasn't going to be announced till after the Semi Final, but info had been leaked to the press.

I don't want rafa back. I am still sick of the constant focus on the players who weren't here ahead of those who actually were here.

Let's be honest here, Comolli is taking the blame for Kenny's poor choices of transfers. Even Kenny himself has said today the players we bought were his own choices, it was just Comolli who pursued them. Fair enough he should be shot for the amount of dough he was readily willing to hand over to the likes of Villa and Sunderland, but regardless these purchases weren't his. I think we have suffered because of Kenny's lack of knowledge on the world game. I'm just speculating here like, but I doubt Kenny is as clued up as some about what talent there is in Europe and beyond, thats where Comolli should have earned his corn, but Kenny was never going to allow him the final say as he was winning titles as a manager 20 years ago. In the end it has almost come across as 'Sack Comolli, take the heat off Kenny.'

Let's be honest here, Comolli is taking the blame for Kenny's poor choices of transfers. Even Kenny himself has said today the players we bought were his own choices, it was just Comolli who pursued them. Fair enough he should be shot for the amount of dough he was readily willing to hand over to the likes of Villa and Sunderland, but regardless these purchases weren't his. I think we have suffered because of Kenny's lack of knowledge on the world game. I'm just speculating here like, but I doubt Kenny is as clued up as some about what talent there is in Europe and beyond, thats where Comolli should have earned his corn, but Kenny was never going to allow him the final say as he was winning titles as a manager 20 years ago. In the end it has almost come across as 'Sack Comolli, take the heat off Kenny.'

kenny isn't going to say otherwise or it looks like he doesn't back the players who are here

kenny - 'carroll? henderson? downing? adam? what the fuck was comolli thinking?!'

Werner sought out opinions within the club about Rafa when Hodgson was still in charge and received some very negative feedback. I'd be very surprised if either he or Henry has changed his opinion now.

Rory Smith ‏ @RorySmithTimes
Just to clear 1 thing up: all of #LFC's signings were jointly approved apart from (definitely) Adam

Ehh wasn't this the tweet ....

Rory Smith ‏ @RorySmithTimes
Just to clear 1 thing up: all of #LFC's signings were jointly approved apart from (definitely) Adam and (reportedly) Downing. They were KD

as in Kenny signed Adam .

Who cares who signed Adam? FSG should fuck off for sanctioning the money for the cunt.

Who cares who signed Adam? FSG should fuck off for sanctioning the money for the cunt.

and what would the reaction be if people found out they'd stopped kenny from signing players he wanted ?

but anyway yeah , it's a clusterfuck from all side .

Well if I had found out they stopped him signing Adam, I would have been happy. Did anyone want him?

Realistically the three happiest people over that signing was Kenny, Adam himself, and Alex Ferguson, who must have been LOLing.

There were some stories about Kenny actually driving to Blackpool picking him up? Too see meireles and Aquaman out for that guy is not the best move from the King.

I'll be amazed if a new DOF isn't appointed, but unlike managers it's pretty difficult to know who might be a realistic candidate

cohen-doffs-hat-cohen-only.jpg

There were some stories about Kenny actually driving to Blackpool picking him up? Too see meireles and Aquaman out for that guy is not the best move from the King.

I thought Adam was worth a punt at the money. I also thought he started quite well for us and his form has dipped as the teams form dipped. I still think he's a decent squad player.

We do need better quality in the midfield and hopefully Dalglish and Clarke can identify them and get the business done.

I'll be amazed if a new DOF isn't appointed, but unlike managers it's pretty difficult to know who might be a realistic candidate

Well it is difficult to see who it should be and what the role should be defined like. Noone out there can really take the role of Kenny Dalglish boss, but a few people can negotiate the transfers he demands.... Picky this one.

Is Txiki Begiristain still available?

He helped Barca buy pretty well during their resurgence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom