1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Confirmed Transfers 19/20

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by King Binny, May 9, 2019.

1. King Binny

King Binny Very Well-Known Honorary Member

Patrik Raitanen - Fortuna Sittard

Matt Clarke - Brighton (£3.4m with add ons up to £1.6m)

Article: Brighton & Hove Albion are delighted to announce the signing of Matt Clarke from Portsmouth on undisclosed terms.

Central defender Clarke, 22, becomes Albion’s first new arrival this summer, and has agreed a four-year deal with the club.

Head Coach Graham Potter said, “We are pleased to welcome Matt to the club. He’s an imposing central defender and had a very impressive spell with Portsmouth and as their captain has been a key player for them.

“At 22, Matt has already played a good number of games in the EFL and we are really looking forward to working with him. His challenge now is to compete with our existing centre-halves — an area where we have a lot of competition — and break into our first team.”

Clarke began his career with Ipswich Town as a schoolboy before signing a scholarship in 2013. He made his senior debut for the club in August 2014, before signing a professional two-year deal a month later.

He initially joined Portsmouth on a six-month loan deal in the summer of 2015, eventually making his move to Fratton Park permanent, where he became an integral part of the side.

In his first season with Pompey he helped the team reach the play-off semi-finals, and the following season was part of the team which clinched promotion to League One.

Clarke remained a mainstay in the team following that promotion, becoming Portsmouth captain, and has made 88 appearances across the last two years in League One.

He was a key member of the Portsmouth team which won the Checkatrade Trophy at Wembley and reached the League One play-off semi-finals last season.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  2. King Binny

Grant McCann - Hull (Manager)

Article: HULL CITY ARE DELIGHTED TO CONFIRM THE APPOINTMENT OF GRANT MCCANN AS THE CLUB’S NEW HEAD COACH.

McCann arrives at the KCOM Stadium after a successful season in charge of Doncaster Rovers in which he guided the South Yorkshire club to the League One play-offs.

The 39-year-old has also previously managed Peterborough United, a club he had played for in a career that included spells with Cheltenham Town and Scunthorpe United, as well as 39 appearances for Northern Ireland.

Cliff Byrne, who was McCann’s assistant at Doncaster, has also joined the Tigers.

After agreeing a 12-month rolling contract, McCann said: “I am delighted to be here and I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead.

“I am a very ambitious person and I always have been. To be in the Championship is the next step for me, and I’m pleased to be taking that step with a great club like Hull City. The KCOM Stadium is an impressive place, the training ground is excellent and there is a strong squad of players here. Hopefully we can have good times together and a successful season.”

Hull City Vice-Chairman Ehab Allam added: “Grant has been a standout candidate with a playing style and philosophy aligned to that of the Club. With a great team of existing staff in their support and of the squad too, I hope for an exciting season ahead.”

McCann will now be in charge when the Tigers’ first team squad returns for the start of pre-season training on Monday.

3. King Binny

Stewart Downing - Blackburn (free transfer)

Article: Rovers are delighted to unveil Stewart Downing as the club’s first signing of the summer.

The former England international, who has a wealth of experience and over 400 Premier League appearances under his belt, has put pen-to-paper on a one-year deal through to June 2020.

The 34-year-old joins on a free transfer from Middlesbrough, where he started his career as a schoolboy.

One of Boro’s brightest Academy graduates, Downing went on to make 234 appearances in his first spell with his hometown team, playing a vital role in them reaching the UEFA Cup final in 2006.

His fine form that season sealed a place on the England plane for the 2006 World Cup in Germany, where he made three appearances, all off the bench. Downing would go on to become a regular feature for the Three Lions and has 35 caps to his name.

The gifted left-footed footballer made a £12m move to Aston Villa in July 2009, with his first Premier League goals for the club coming in a 5-2 victory over Burnley in February 2010.

Downing netted 11 goals in 82 appearances for Villa over two years and his impressive performances attracted the attention of Liverpool, who secured his services for a reported £20m fee in July 2011.

In his first season at Anfield, the versatile midfielder won the League Cup with Liverpool, scoring in the shoot-out success against Cardiff City, whilst also being named Man of the Match.

A month later, he fired Liverpool back to Wembley with the winner against Stoke City in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup. He then helped Kenny Dalglish’s side defeat their Merseyside rivals, Everton, in the last four, before losing to Chelsea in the final.

After playing Europa League football with Liverpool in 2012-13 and racking up a total of 91 appearances for the Anfield club, Downing joined West Ham United for £5m in August 2013.

He spent two seasons at Upton Park, making 79 appearances, before a return to the Riverside was on the cards in July 2015, with Middlesbrough paying a reported £5.5m to bring back one of their boyhood stars.

Brought in to bolster their promotion bid, Downing was part of the side that secured a return to the Premier League in 2016-17. He would go on to make a further 172 appearances for the club – taking his tally in Boro colours past the 400 mark – before sealing a summer switch to Ewood Park.

4. King Binny

Josh Koroma - Huddersfield (€600k)

Article: Huddersfield Town has today completed the signing of forward Josh Koroma from Vanarama National League champions Leyton Orient.

The 20-year-old has signed a three-year contact with the Terriers, with Town having the option of a further season’s extension.

The terms of the transfer from the London club will remain undisclosed.

Josh, a striker who can also play out wide, scored 11 times and contributed a further seven assists as Orient won the league last season.

Huddersfield Town Head Coach Jan Siewert commented:

“It’s great that we can welcome Josh to our club today, rounding off what has been a very positive week of arrivals alongside Tommy Elphick and Reece Brown.

“Josh is another very interesting young player. He had a fantastic season for Leyton Orient, and he can fit into our style in attack or on the wing, so he will be a great addition to the squad.

“As with all our young talents, we will not put too much pressure on him, and we will help him to develop his game even further.

“He is a player that I think our fans will enjoy watching.”

5. King Binny

Jaap Stam - Feyenoord (Head Coach)

Article:
    Jaap Stam will begin work as the new head coach of Feyenoord on 1 June 2019. The 46-year-old succeeds Giovanni van Bronckhorst, who announced at the end of January that he would leave the club this summer. Stam and Feyenoord have agreed a two-year contract.

Jaap Stam has been working as head coach at PEC Zwolle since the start of this calendar year. After making their approach, Feyenoord today reached agreement with both the Zwolle club and the former Dutch international. Stam is honoured to get the opportunity to lead Feyenoord: ‘I really feel at home at PEC Zwolle, but it’s true for every ambitious coach that if you get the chance to work at a club like Feyenoord you will think it over very seriously,’ said Stam.

Stam honoured with Feyenoord opportunity
    ‘After good, open talks with Martin van Geel about what’s possible and what’s not possible at Feyenoord, I quickly realised that I wanted to go completely for this opportunity. I am grateful to PEC Zwolle for the fact that they understand my ambitions and quickly reached agreement with Feyenoord,’ said Stam.

The former defender also said he was ‘really looking forward to getting down to work in Rotterdam. Obviously, I would say. But over the next few months I will do everything I can to bring the season to a good and successful end at PEC Zwolle with the players and the staff. That’s truly where my focus will be over the coming time.’

Martin van Geel delighted
    Technical director Martin van Geel expressed great satisfaction at the arrival of Jaap Stam in June. ‘We know each other a very long time, so at Feyenoord we know what sort of person we are getting. Jaap is an impressive figure. He’s a man of stature, literally and figuratively. Jaap is a realist with a clear vision and a very impressive record as a player and appropriate experience as a coach. So it’s only logical that I am delighted that, with the cooperation of PEC Zwolle, we have already been able to confirm him for the coming seasons.’

Full career
    Jaap Stam started his coaching career as assistant coach at PEC Zwolle, where he is now head coach. In the summer of 2013 he moved to Ajax, where he coached the youth, second team and first team defenders. In July 2014 he was also appointed head coach of Young Ajax, the club’s reserve team. In June 2016 Stam signed a contract as head coach of Reading in the English Championship, narrowly missing out on promotion to the Premier League in his first season. He returned to PEC Zwolle in 2019.

Stam started his impressive playing career at Zwolle too. He went on to play for Willem II, PSV, Manchester United, Lazio Roma, AC Milan and Ajax. He also made 66 appearances for the Dutch national side between 1996 and 2004.

6. King Binny

Article:
    The summer transfer window in 2019 is similar to last year, with the English Premier League once again finishing earlier than the other major European leagues.

Here, we take a look at the transfer rules which govern each.

As Aug. 31 falls on a Saturday this year, the standard transfer deadline is pushed to Monday, Sept. 2.

Most transfer deals announced after the end of the season will officially complete on July 1, the usual start date for a player's contract.

In all cases, clubs are still able to sign players as free agents after the deadline, and as long as they are not officially attached to any club on Sept. 2.

Premier League transfer deadline
    The official FIFA transfer deadline for England remains at Sept. 2, but clubs in the top two divisions voted for an earlier deadline to come into force before the start of the season.

The Premier League led the way in Europe last season in bringing forward the transfer deadline to before the first match. The transfer market will close at 5 p.m. BST on Thursday, Aug. 8 -- the opening weekend of Premier League fixtures follows straight afterwards.

An earlier finish means an earlier start, too. The transfer window opened on Thursday, May 16 for domestic deals and on Thursday, June 11 for international transfers.

The Championship, whose season starts the weekend before the Premier League, decided to match the Premier League's date, like last season. The difference this year is that Championship clubs will not be allowed to loan players through to the end of August like in 2018. Clubs in League One and League Two will continue to work to a Sept. 2 deadline.

All English clubs will still be able to sell or loan players to leagues where the transfer market remains open after Aug. 8.

The winter window will run throughout January as usual.

La Liga transfer deadline
    The window will officially open on July 1 and close at 11.59 p.m. CET on Monday, Sept. 2. Clubs can still sign free agents after this date and sell or loan players to leagues where the transfer market is still open.

The winter window runs from Jan. 2 to 31.

Serie A transfer deadline
    Italy was the only other league to bring its deadline forward last summer, and it will once again shut before Serie A starts.

The market will open on July 1 and is expected to close at 8 p.m. CET on Friday, Aug. 23 -- the day before the Serie A season kicks off. Free agents can still be signed, and clubs can still sell or loan players to leagues where the transfer window remains open.

Last season Italy was due to have a truncated winter window, closing on Jan. 18, but a few weeks before clubs voted to return it to a month-long window.

Bundesliga transfer deadline
    German clubs have set their transfer window at 6 p.m. CET on Monday, Sept. 2. Clubs can still sign free agents after this date and sell or loan players to leagues where the window is still open. The window opens on July 1.

The winter window runs through the whole of January.

Ligue 1 transfer deadline
    Ligue 1 opened its window on June 11 and close it on Monday, Sept. 2 at 11.59 p.m. CET, with the winter window spanning January.

MLS transfer deadline
    Major League Soccer's midseason window will open on July 10 and close on Wednesday, Aug. 8.

Later deadlines
    A handful of top leagues will still be able to buy players after Sept. 2. The deadlines are:

Sept. 5: Mexico
    Sept. 22: Portugal
    Sept. 24: Argentina
    Oct. 15: Australia

7. King Binny

Patrick Roberts - Norwich City (loan)

Article:
    Norwich City are delighted to confirm that Patrick Roberts will join the Club on a season-long loan deal from Manchester City from July 1.

Roberts made his Premier League debut as a 17-year-old for Fulham back in March 2014 and joined Man City on a long-term contract a year later.

The 22-year-old winger enjoyed two and a half seasons on loan at Celtic between 2015 and 2018, scoring 18 goals in 79 matches and spent last year with Spanish side Girona, making 21 appearances.

Speaking exclusively to canaries.co.uk, Roberts said: “It’s great to have the deal done. I’ve known about the interest for a while.

“I’ve spoken to the manager [Daniel Farke] and sporting director Stuart Webber and it was clear in my mind that I wanted to come here this season.

“I had a few other offers, the same as last season. But speaking to Stuart, he said he’s been watching me for a while and he likes the way I play.

“The manager was very enthusiastic when he spoke to me. He really enjoys the way I play and that’s a big boost of confidence for me.

“It’s good to have someone in your corner to give you the belief and opportunity to play and in return I’ll give 100% to Norwich and everyone at the Club to repay that belief.”

Roberts began his career at AFC Wimbledon before moving to Fulham at the age of 13. He signed his first professional contract with the Cottagers shortly after his 17th birthday.

He played twice for Fulham in the Premier League but they suffered relegation to the Championship at the end of the 2013-14 season.

In the second-tier, Roberts played 20 times for the west London side with his last appearance for them coming in 4-2 defeat at Carrow Road back in 2015. He was sold to Man City later that summer.

He endured a terrific spell on loan at Celtic between 2015 and 2018, helping the Scottish side to the Premiership title in his first season, followed by back-to-back domestic trebles.

After spending last season with Girona, he joins the Canaries as their first summer signing in preparation for the 2019-20 Premier League season.

He continued: “I learned a little bit of Spanish [in Girona] and a lot about a different culture. It’s a different way of life and playing out there in general and they are all good things for me to experience at this age.

“Coming to another club is another step for me and hopefully I can learn from those experiences and bring them to the team at Norwich.”

Head Coach Daniel Farke said: “I’m very pleased with this signing. We made it clear that we need players with quality and good character.

“They both relate to Patrick. We have been following him for a couple of seasons. He was outstanding at Celtic but we had no chance to sign him then.

“Last season in Spain was a good experience for him. He is very skilful and down-to-earth, humble and modest.

“He is desperate to wear the yellow and green shirt and he has already proved he can play at a high level. He is a perfect fit for us.”

Josip Drmic - Norwich City (free transfer)

Article:
    Norwich City are delighted to announce that Switzerland international striker Josip Drmic is set to join the Club on a three-year contract from July 1.

Drmic, 26, has spent the last four seasons with German side Borussia Monchengladbach, having previously played in the Champions League with Bayer Leverkusen.

Drmic also has 32 caps for Switzerland, representing them at two World Cups, and scored ten goals in the red and white colours.

He becomes Daniel Farke’s second signing of the summer, following on from the season-long loan agreement with Manchester City for winger Patrick Roberts.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk, Drmic said: “Now everything is done, I’m very happy. I had very good conversations with Stuart Webber and with the Head Coach Daniel Farke.

“I was talking also to Timm Klose [teammate with Switzerland]. We had a long conversation as I had a lot of questions and he spoke very, very positively about the Club.

“I’m very excited to be playing in the Premier League. I cannot wait because I’ve heard a lot of things from my colleagues in the national team who have played in the Premier League.

“For me it’s something new. It’s a new opportunity with new challenges and I’m very happy that I’m so close now to playing in the Premier League. I cannot wait to start.”

Drmic began his career with FC Zurich in his native Switzerland before earning a move to FC Nuremberg in 2013.

He finished his first season in Germany with 17 league goals, the third most by any player in the league, behind Borussia Dortmund's Robert Lewandowski and Bayern Munich's Mario Mandzukic.

He made his European debut during a season with Leverkusen in 2014-15 before moving to Monchengladbach in June 2015.

After a seven-year stint in Germany, Drmic is now looking forward to a fresh challenge in the Premier League with the Canaries.

He continued: “I’m coming to the Premier League and I can now challenge in the best league in the world.

“I’m going to do everything and give 100% on the pitch. I will be ready to give everything for the Club. My job is scoring but I also want to help my team and help us be successful.”

“When I first came to Norwich, the first thing I noticed was how kind everybody was. It’s given me a lot of positive energy and I’m excited to see what happens.”

Head Coach Daniel Farke said: “We made it clear we wanted to sign a new striker and we’ve found a guy who has proved himself at the highest level.

“He has lots of Bundesliga appearances and has a very good record for the Switzerland national team.

“He has had a difficult couple of years with injuries, but we feel he is the full package. Two or three years ago, some of the biggest clubs in Europe were interested in him.

“He is a great character and a good guy, and we feel his best days are still to come.”

8. King Binny

9. King Binny

Andre Gomes - Everton (£22m)

Article:
    Andre Gomes has signed for Everton from Barcelona in a £22million deal, with the midfielder agreeing a five-year contract until the end of June 2024.

The 25-year-old Portugal international has committed his future to the Blues following an impressive loan spell at Goodison last season.

“I'm really happy to sign the contract with Everton – it wasn’t hard to decide, it was an easy decision and I’m very happy to have made it,” Gomes told evertontv.

“I know the Club made a massive effort to sign me and I'm very happy and thankful to them. I said during the year that I felt part of a family and that is the most important thing to me.

“Last year was a really good experience for me. I just wanted to feel part of something special and I found it here. It was good for me in that moment and right now, after signing for Everton, it's even better.

“I think the ambition here is not only for me, I think it's for all the players, the fans and the Club. We are all excited for that.”

Gomes initially joined Everton on a season-long loan from Barcelona on transfer deadline day in August 2018.

After recovering from a hamstring injury, the midfielder made his Blues debut in a 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace in October 2018 at Goodison Park.

Gomes, capped 29 times by Portugal, went on to make a total of 29 appearances, scoring one goal in that time - a fine long-range strike against Wolverhampton Wanderers which finished runner-up in the Club’s Goal of the Season poll.

10. keniget

keniget Part of the Furniture Member

35M for a 30 year old Hummels is madness by Dortmund, no?

Isn't that pretty much what Bayern paid for him 3 years ago?

11. King Binny

Not to forget his wages too. They do need experienced players to help the younger ones though. That and him not need much settling-in time might be why they were willing to splash the cash on him?

12. keniget

keniget Part of the Furniture Member

I can get behind those reasons but I'd be massively resentful of paying that much for him even in today's market.

Means Bayern basically got to loan Hummels for 3 years for free.

Same thing happened with Goetze - at least he had time ahead of him though.

13. King Binny

Yup, a little strange too in that - it's like Bayern's indirectly saying they won't miss Hummels or he won't be of much help to Dortmund in the title race + Hummels kinda giving up on winning any more title o_O I mean you don't see such transfers in the Premier League......

14. King Binny

Samuel Radlinger - Barnsley (free transfer)

Article:
    We are delighted to announce that 26-year-old Samuel Radlinger has joined Barnsley Football Club from German side Hannover 96 on a permanent contract.

Radlinger, a 6'5" Austrian stopper, comes to Oakwell from Head Coach Daniel Stendel’s former side Hannover 96. Most recently, the ‘keeper has spent time on loan at SK Brann in the Norwegian top flight.

An imposing presence between the sticks, Radlinger has represented his national side at U18, U19, U20 and U21 level as well as playing in the top division of Austria, and the German Bundesliga.

After joining the club, Radlinger told barnsleyfc.co.uk he was excited to work in English football.

He told us: “I’m from Austria, but the last eight years I’ve been on my football journey. I was in Hannover of course, then last year I was away on loan in Norway, which was a good opportunity for me to play there.

“So it is always nice I think to see different countries, their cultures and also to be at nice football clubs, like Barnsley now.

“So I’m very happy now to be in England and to be playing for Barnsley.”

Co-Chairman Paul Conway expressed his pleasure following the Reds' latest summer signing.

"We are pleased to announce the signing of Samuel to Barnsley Football Club on a permanent deal. This represents our 5th signing of the summer transfer window with more to come. Samuel has a long history with Daniel and extensive experience in his high pressing system at their previous club Hannover 96. Please welcome Samuel to Barnsley as he joins a very exciting squad for the upcoming season in the Championship."

Matt Ingram - Hull (undisclosed fee)

Article:
    GOALKEEPER MATT INGRAM HAS BECOME HULL CITY’S FIRST SIGNING OF THE SUMMER AFTER COMPLETING A MOVE FROM QUEENS PARK RANGERS.

The 25-year-old has signed a three-year deal, with the Club holding the option of a further year, for an undisclosed fee.

Ingram has close to 200 senior appearances under his belt, the majority of which came with hometown club Wycombe Wanderers. He moved on to QPR in 2016 and is now looking forward to a new chapter with the Tigers.

“I’m absolutely delighted to be here and I’m looking forward to a fresh start with Hull City,” said Ingram.

“It’s a new chapter for me and I’m looking forward to helping this club to push up the table and do as well as it can.”

Ingram joins up with Grant McCann’s squad as the first week of pre-season training continues.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  15. King Binny

Leandro Trossard - Brighton (£15m plus add ons)

Article:
    Brighton & Hove Albion have agreed to sign KRC Genk midfielder Leandro Trossard on undisclosed terms.

The 24-year-old winger, who joins on a four-year deal, becomes the club’s second signing of the summer following Matt Clarke’s arrival from Portsmouth last week.

Trossard inspired the Belgian side to the Jupiler Pro League title last season with 14 goals in 34 games, while also notching seven assists. Having earned the captain’s armband towards the end of the campaign, he lifted the league trophy for only the fourth time in the club’s history.

Trossard also hit the net a further eight times in 11 games in the Europa League – plus three more assists – as Genk made it into the last 32 of the competition.

Albion head coach Graham Potter said, “We are delighted to welcome Leandro to the club and excited about the impact he can have for us.

“He’s an attack-minded player who had a very impressive season last year in helping Genk win the league title.

“He was influential in the side’s success last term and scored a lot of goals, as well as creating chances for others.

“At 24 he also brings good experience, having captained the side and also featured many times in the Europa League.”

Trossard joined the KRC Genk youth academy in 2010 and was promoted to the senior squad two years later, making his debut towards the end of the 2011/12 campaign.

Loan spells at Lommel United, Westerlo and OH Leuven followed before he became a regular back at his parent club in the 2016/17 season.

Since then the midfielder, who has represented Belgium from U16 to U21 level, has scored 39 goals across 118 appearances in the last three seasons.

16. Avmenon

Avmenon Well-Known Member

did we really pay 20 mill for him?

17. King Binny

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/14170933
    Article: Last week, Villa turned down the Reds' opening £15m bid and it was reported the clubs eventually settled on a fee of £20m.

18. Avmenon

Avmenon Well-Known Member

ugh

thanks Binny

19. King Binny

Xaver Schlager - Wolfsburg (€12m)

Article:
    VfL Wolfsburg have made their fourth summer signing ahead of the upcoming 2019/20 season with the arrival of Xaver Schlager from Salzburg. The 21-year-old plays primarily in central midfield and has agreed a contract valid until 2023.

"We're delighted to further strengthen our squad with Xaver," said VfL sporting director Marcel Schäfer. "He's a young, ambitious player looking to take the next step in his career. Despite his young age he already has experience at international level and, in addition to his footballing qualities, he's perfectly suited to VfL Wolfsburg."

"I'm really looking forward to playing for VfL Wolfsburg and the challenge of playing in the German Bundesliga," said Schlager. "I had a wonderful and successful time at Salzburg and I'll forever be grateful to the club for that, but the time has come for a change. Wolfsburg offers a professional but family environment and I'm convinced it's the best place for me to continue my development."

Schlager made his debut in the Austrian Bundesliga at the age of 18 in May 2016, and went on to score seven goals in 67 top-flight outings for Salzburg. He has also appeared 28 times in the UEFA Europa League and in UEFA Champions League qualifying. In his four years as a professional in Austria, Schlager won four league titles and three domestic cups.

He made his senior international bow for Austria in 2018 and has so far earned 11 caps, scoring once. Until last Sunday, Schlager was involved in the U-21 European Championship in Italy and San Marino.

He is VfL's fourth new recruit, following the arrivals of Kevin Mbabu (Young Boys), Joao Victor (LASK) and Paolo Otavio (FC Ingolstadt).

20. King Binny