1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Confirmed Transfers 19/20

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by King Binny, May 9, 2019.

1. King Binny

King Binny Very Well-Known Honorary Member

Sepp van den Berg - Liverpool (£1.3m plus add ons up to £3.1m)

Article: Liverpool have agreed a deal with PEC Zwolle for the transfer of Sepp van den Berg, which will be completed in July subject to international clearance.

The 17-year-old defender has finalised terms on a long-term contract with the Reds after an agreement was reached with the Eredivisie club.

Van den Berg told Liverpoolfc.com: “It’s just an amazing feeling.

“It is, for me, the biggest club in the world and it’s a dream come true. I am really excited.

“I’ve seen what kind of players from the Academy grew into the first team here. It is unbelievable, especially when this kind of big club does that.

“Of course, the trainer [Jürgen Klopp] is a great guy and one of the reasons they are successful – and also one of the reasons I came here.

“I think this is the best place for me to grow and hopefully play a lot of games here.”

Van den Berg made 15 appearances in the Dutch top flight last season, helping Zwolle to a 13th place finish.

He is also an international for the Netherlands at U19 level, winning four caps to date.

Joe Aribo - Rangers (free transfer)

Article:
    RANGERS are delighted to announce the signing of Joe Aribo from English Championship side Charlton Athletic, subject to international clearance.

The highly rated 22-year-old, who had options to move elsewhere, has made the decision to join the Gers on a four-year-deal.

London-born Aribo, who plays as an attacking midfielder, started his career at Staines Town, impressing to win their academy Player of the Year Award in 2014 and be offered a trail at Charlton.

After signing for the Addicks he went on to make his first-team debut in October 2016, making 22 appearances in the 2016/17 season. His first goal came in November 2017 and he followed it up with five more during that campaign.

Last season the youngster made 39 appearances and hit double figures, netting 10 times to catch the eye of a number of suitors.

Speaking about his new signing manager Steven Gerrard said: “There were a lot of clubs in for Joe around Europe, in the Premier League and the Championship. There was a lot of interest in him but for me it’s just another top player joining Rangers.

“He’s mobile, dynamic, can burst past a player and create and score goals. There is room for him to develop but he’ll give us something we’ve not got in the midfield department.

“He’s left footed, which is something we don’t have in our midfield at the moment so he’ll give us more balance. We have a good midfield but currently we don’t have a player with Joe’s characteristics.

“He is tall, athletic and quick. He’s a box-to-box player and is not afraid to open the door when he gets around the box and he can unlock defences.

“We’re confident we can turn Joe into an even better player and I’m really looking forward to working with him.

“He’s still young and we firmly believe there is a lot to come from him, but we need to be patient in order to allow him to continue his development and to improve as a player with the club.”

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  2. King Binny

Djibril Sow - Eintracht Frankfurt (€9m)

Article:
    Eintracht Frankfurt have completed the signing of Switzerland international Djibril Sow from BSC Young Boys on a five-year contract.

The 22-year-old is not entirely unfamiliar with the Bundesliga, having joined Borussia Mönchengladbach from the FC Zürich youth academy in 2015. The 1.84-metre midfielder made one league appearance and two in the DFB Cup before returning to Switzerland in 2017 with BSC Young Boys.

Adi Hütter and Christian Peintinger were on the coaching staff there at the time
    and under their guidance, Sow, who has a Swiss mother and a Senegalese father, became a mainstay in central midfield as both the team's driving force and strategic fulcrum. He registered one goal and five assists in 27 matches in the 2017/18 Swiss Super League season, ensuring his status as a cornerstone of the side in the following campaign, in which he contributed three goals and five assists in 28 appearances.

Sow was also in the starting line-up in all six of the team's UEFA Champions League group stage fixtures and, having represented Switzerland numerous times at youth level, earned the first of four senior international caps to date on 8 September 2018.

"Djibril Sow is a player who has caught the eye on the international stage recently," said Eintracht board member Fredi Bobic of the new arrival, who will wear the number 8 shirt. "He was highly sought-after, which makes it all the more pleasing that he chose to come to Eintracht Frankfurt. We're absolutely convinced of his ability to perform and his potential to develop further. His technical, strategic and athletic abilities will strengthen us."

Will Vaulks - Cardiff (£2.1m + add ons)

Article: Cardiff City Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Welsh international midfielder Will Vaulks, from Rotherham United.

The 25-year-old has agreed a three-year deal at Cardiff City Stadium, and signs for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

Vaulks made 41 appearances for Rotherham in the Sky Bet Championship during the 2018/19 season. His standout performances saw him rewarded internationally as Ryan Giggs called up Vaulks to the Wales squad. To date, the midfielder has earned three caps.

Upon signing his contract at CCS, Vaulks said: "I'm absolutely over the moon to be here and to get this over the line. It's been a brilliant year for me. I'm really looking forward to playing regularly at Cardiff City Stadium after getting a taste of it at the Slovakia match.

"It's great to be playing for the biggest club in Wales just six months after my first international call up."

Joe Day - Cardiff (free transfer)

Article: Cardiff City Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of former Newport County goalkeeper Joe Day.

Day, 28, has signed a two-year deal with the club that will run until 2021.

Joe’s move to Cardiff City comes following four years with the Exiles, initially joining the club on loan in 2014 before singing permanently in the following year.

He was a key part of the League Two side’s endeavors throughout the 2018/19 season, helping the club to the Fifth Round of the FA Cup by beating Championship side Middlesbrough as well as Premier League club Leicester City.

Day also shone throughout County’s 2018/19 League Two campaign, keeping 16 clean sheets and helping his side to the Play-off Final at Wembley Stadium with a key save in the penalty shoot-out against Mansfield in the previous round.

Speaking to cardiffcityfc.co.uk after signing his contract, Joe said: “The move here for me is a massive opportunity.

“I’ve had a good five seasons at Newport County. It’s been great and now I feel like I need to make the step up.

“I know a couple of the players from back at Peterborough, like [Nathaniel] Mendez-Laing and obviously Rhys [Healey] from when he came to Newport so it will be good seeing them again.

“The Championship is a big step up from League Two, but it’s something that I feel I’m ready for and I’m very much looking forward to.”

Neil Warnock added: “I’ve looked at Joe for the last twelve months in particular and I think that he’s had a really good season.

“He’s got the experience and a lot to prove, and I think that [Goalkeeping Coach] Andy Dibble will make a 'keeper out of him.

“It was a no-brainer, really. Living where he is now and with the family he’s got, I’m sure that he’ll give it his best shot, I’m looking forward to working with him."

Curtis Nelson - Cardiff (free transfer)

Article: Cardiff City Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of central defender Curtis Nelson, subject to international clearance.

The 26-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the club that will run until 2021.

Nelson, who has been capped by England at U18 level, made his Football League debut in the 2010-11 season for Plymouth Argyle, before leaving for Oxford United in time for the 2016-17 season.

With almost 300 career league appearances under his belt, Nelson will be leaving the U’s following an impressive three year run at Kassam Stadium.

Curtis’ career successes include reaching the Final of the 2016-17 EFL Trophy with Oxford United, with the defender also being selected in the 2015-16 League Two PFA Team of the Year during his time with Plymouth Argyle.

On signing Nelson, Neil Warnock stated: “Curtis is a lad that I’ve watched for probably six years, back to his Plymouth Argyle days.

“I’ve always thought that there is more to come from him if I’m honest. I felt I should have had him last time when he was available, but I missed out and he went to Oxford.

“So now the opportunity has come and I’m really looking forward to seeing if I can get more out of him.

“I think he’s got a lot of potential; I know that he’s 26 and I believe that he has better years to come.”

The new City defender added: “I’m absolutely delighted to be here. I’ve been waiting to get to move to the Championship and now I can’t wait to get started.

“It’s a massive club that came down from the Premier League last year, but I can see us challenging to go straight back up again because of the manager at the heart of the club, and the players that we’ve got.

“I’d like to bring competition to the squad. You’ve got the boys (Sean Morrison, Bruno Ecuele Manga & Sol Bamba) who played there last year, so I’d like to be competition and try to work my way into the team.

“I know a couple of the boys and I know a few that have been here before as well. It’ll be nice to see Bobby [Decordova-Reid] again, as I’d played with him a bit while I was at Plymouth a few years back."

Nelson also shared his excitement at joining the squad on their pre-season tour of North America, concluding: “It’ll be amazing, I’ve only ever been to America on holiday, so it’ll be nice to go and play football out there.

“I’m really looking forward to that, but not so much the heat! I’m sure it will be a good experience.”

3. King Binny

Jasper Cillessen - Valencia (€35m)

Article:
    Valencia CF have reached an agreement with FC Barcelona for the signing of Dutch international goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen, who will join the club on a contract running through to June 2023 and with a buyout clause of 80 million euros.

Article: FC Barcelona and Valencia CF have agreed to terms for the transfer of the player Jasper Cillessen. Valencia will pay FC Barcelona €35m.

FC Barcelona would like to publicly express its gratitude to Jasper Cillessen for his commitment and dedication, and wishes him the best of luck and success in the future.

Thus, Jasper Cillessen leaves FC Barcelona following three seasons defending the blaugrana colors. The Dutch goalkeeper arrived from Ajax in the summer of 2016, coinciding with Luis Enrique’s final season as manager, and spent the following two seasons under the orders of Ernesto Valverde.

In the three years, Cillessen played a total of 32 games: five in La Liga, three in the Champions League, and 24 in the Copa del Rey, in which he was the regular goalkeeper. The Dutchman won five titles at Barça: 2x La Liga, 2x Copa del Rey, and 1x Spanish Super Cup.

Neto - Barcelona (€26m + add ons up to €9m)

Article:
    FC Barcelona and Valencia CF have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Norberto Murara Neto. The cost of the transaction will be €26m plus €9m in add-ons.

The player will be signing a contract with the club for the next four seasons, until the end of the 2022/23 season, and his buyout clause has been set at €200m.

Details of the Brazilian goalkeeper’s presentation as a new Barça player will be released shortly.

Norberto Murara Neto (born on 19 July 1989 in Araxá, Brazil) embodies Brazilian smoothness between the posts. His agility and quick reactions have made him the sure-handed goalkeeper who turned in outstanding performances at Valencia (2017-2019), Juventus (2015-2017), Fiorentina (2011-2015 ) and Paranaense (2002-2011). Neto has been a goalkeeper since his childhood in Brazil, and always wore gloves to emulate his father.

Neto made the leap to Europe via Fiorentina, where his last two seasons were spectacular, becoming one of the fundamental pieces of the Italian side’s defensive unit, which led him to sign with Juventus. But in Turin, Neto was Gianluigi Buffon’s backup, and the desire to continually improve year after year led Neto to Valencia, where he was the starting goalkeeper the last two seasons.

The Brazilian goalkeeper has a large presence between the sticks. His height, at almost two meters, combined with his agility, make Neto a goalkeeper who gives strikers very little net to shoot at. Neto is sure-handed in the aerial game and is very tough to beat one-on-one. In addition, despite his height, Neto has shown speed and quick reflexes in playing goalkeeper at some of Europe’s most demanding clubs.

So it's almost a swap deal?

Ciprian Tatarusanu - Lyon (free transfer)

Predrag Rajković - Reims (£2.7m)

He's good in Football Manager :)

rurikbird likes this.
  4. Boozer

Boozer Active Member

What's that house/roof thing the new Cardiff players are doing? Is that like one-belling your mum to let her know you arrived safely?

5. King Binny

Haha, I think it's in relation to the slogan for their newly released home kit

6. King Binny

Joan Jordán - Sevilla (€15m)

Article:
    Joan Jordán Moreno will become the third incoming transfer for Sevilla in the 19/20 window, joining Munas Dabbur and Diego Carlos on the incorporation list. The centre-midfielder arrived in Seville early this morning to pass a medical and sign a contract that will keep him with the Nervionenses until 2023. Born in Regencós 24 years ago, Jordán plays predominantly as a centre-midfielder, though he also has been deployed in a more attacking role.

After joining the ranks of RCD Espanyol's academy at 17 years of age, the Catalan midfielder kick-started his senior career in Espanyol's reserve side in the 12/13 and 13/14 seasons. In the 14/15 campaign, Jordán debuted in the Espanyol First Team - making appearances in LaLiga as well as the Copa del Rey.

One season later, he would become a permanent fixture in the First Team squad, playing nine LaLiga matches and making three Copa del Rey appearances under the instruction of Sergio and Galca. Following a loan move to Real Valladolid, Jordán would eventually transfer to SD Eibar, where he has played 75 matches since joining in the 17/18 season. Last season, Jordán played in 38 matches under José Luis Mendilibar, scoring 4 goals and making 4 assists.

7. King Binny

Rafael Camacho - Sporting (£5m plus add ons up to £2m, with 20% sell-on clause and a buy-back option)

Article:
    Camacho, who made his senior Liverpool debut at Wolves in the FA Cup in January, was about to enter the final year of his contract and had refused to sign a new one.

Having provisionally agreed terms on an extension in January, the Portuguese youth international was disappointed at not being allowed to leave on loan for the second half of the campaign.

Liverpool fielded a series of enquiries about him this summer, but Camacho rejected the chance to speak to Wolves, AC Milan and Schalke, concerned he would not get sufficient playing time at those clubs.

Lisbon-born, his preference was always to return to Sporting, who had agreed a loan deal with the Reds back in January only for Jurgen Klopp to veto the move. Had Liverpool allowed him to see out the remainder of his contract, they would have been due just £270,000 ($340,000) in compensation for a player who joined the club as a 16-year-old from Manchester City.

The ideal situation for the Reds would have been for Camacho to sign a new deal and then go out on loan, but discussions with his representatives proved fruitless, with the player keen to secure regular football in his home country.

Camacho impressed as part of Liverpool’s UEFA Youth League side last season, and made his Premier League debut as a late substitute in the win over Crystal Palace at Anfield in late January, three weeks after starting at Wolves in the cup.

8. King Binny

Sabri Lamouchi - Nottingham Forest (Head Coach)

Article:
    Nottingham Forest are delighted to announce that Sabri Lamouchi has been appointed as the club’s new head coach.

Lamouchi was most recently in charge of Rennes in the French top flight, taking them from the relegation places to qualify for the Europa League in 2017-18.

He also led the Ivory Coast to the 2014 World Cup as the top-ranked side in Africa and the quarter-finals of the 2013 African Cup of Nations, and won the Qatari Cup and reached the Asian Champions League semi-finals during his time at El Jaish SC.

Lamouchi also had a distinguished playing career, making over 470 appearances for clubs such as Monaco, Parma, Inter Milan and Olympique Marseille as well as appearing 12 times for the French national team.

The Frenchman will be assisted at Forest by six new members of staff who will support the first team.

9. King Binny

Breel Embolo - Borussia Mönchengladbach (€16m including add ons)

Article:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach have completed the signing of Breel Embolo from FC Schalke 04. The 22-year-old Switzerland international has signed a four-year contract with the Foals running until June 2023.

“We’ve known about Breel for a number of years and obviously continued to monitor him at Schalke,” said Borussia sporting director Max Eberl. “Breel has had a lot of bad luck in the past three years with two serious injuries suffered in matches and we of course looked into his physical condition in detail. We’re convinced that he can make a fresh start here and that we will enjoy watching him in Borussia colours. He is a quick, powerful and deadly forward who fits our squad very well.”

Embolo made 48 Bundesliga appearances for Schalke over the last three seasons (10 goals), while he also played 60 league games previously for FC Basel. Embolo also has plenty of experience in Europe, making a total of 27 appearances in the Champions League and Europa League for both clubs (4 goals). He has 32 caps for Switzerland but missed out on the recent UEFA Nations League finals with a foot injury. He has already begun rehab work at Borussia and is expected to take part in team training at the end of July. “I’ve only heard positive things about Borussia from Swiss teammates, so I’m delighted to have been given the chance to play for this club,” said Embolo.

Born in Yaounde in Cameroon, Embolo began his footballing journey at FC Nordstern Basel in 2006. After joining BSC Old Boys in 2008, he moved to Swiss giants FC Basel two years later. His debut in the Swiss Super League came on 16th March 2014 as a 17-year-old, and he even grabbed a goal in his five minutes during a 5-0 win over FC Aarau. In total, he made 60 appearances in the league (21 goals), 20 in Europe (3 goals) and six in the domestic cup (6 goals). Embolo also won the league title in each of his three seasons at Basel.

In 2016, the then 19-year-old moved to FC Schalke 04 in the Bundesliga. Over the last three seasons, he played 61 competitive games, scoring twelve goals. A fractured ankle and tibia put the 1.85m-tall forward out of action for much of his first season in Gelsenkirchen (10 competitive games, 3 goals). Embolo then made 21 Bundesliga, five Champions League and one DFB-Pokal appearance (5 goals) in the 2017/18 campaign. A metatarsal fracture sidelined him for several months in the recent season, but Embolo still got 20 Bundesliga, five Champions League and three DFB-Pokal games (6 goals) under his belt.

Embolo featured for Switzerland at U16, U20 and U21 level, before making his senior debut on 31st March 2015 in a friendly against USA. He has gone on to win 32 caps to date for his country, scoring four goals. Embolo also featured in all four of Switzerland’s games at both EURO 2016 in France and the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

10. King Binny

Max Kruse - Fenerbahçe SK (free transfer)

Ryan Babel - Galatasaray (free transfer)

Chuks Aneke - Charlton (free transfer)

Article: Lee Bowyer has made Chuks Aneke his second signing of the summer, with the striker joining the club from Milton Keynes Dons.

The versatile 25-year-old, who scored 19 goals for the promotion-winning Dons last season, has put pen to paper on a two-year-deal following the expiration of his contract at Stadium MK.

He joins fellow forward Macauley Bonne, who signed from Leyton Orient earlier this month, through the door at The Valley as Bowyer begins to build his squad ahead of the 2019/20 Championship campaign.

Speaking to Valley Pass Aneke said: "It feels great, I'm delighted to be at such a big club. I can't wait to get started. I've played at The Valley a few times. You come here, you see the atmosphere, it will be good to come here as a Charlton player."

Charlton Athletic boss Lee Bowyer said: "He’s versatile. He can play in the 10-role just behind the strikers, he’s a big physical boy but don’t be fooled by that because he can play. His goals and assists that he’s been getting over the last few years is really good and his awareness – he knows when and where to pass – it is exceptional."

Head of Recruitment Steve Gallen said: "He’s definitely a different type of player, an attacking player, he’s skilful, a big strong boy. He can get a hold of the ball so he can cope in The Championship physically. I’m pleased that we’ve got one of the top scorers in the National League, Macauley Bonne, and one of the top scorers in League Two with Chuks. So, we’re heading in the right direction and we still have a few more to get."

Born in Newham, Aneke came through the youth system at Arsenal. As a youngster he was capped at England U16 level through to U19s. After League One loan spells with Stevenage, Preston North End and Crewe Alexandra, he joined Belgian club Zulte Waregem in 2014. He then moved to MK Dons in 2016 where he played 94 games scoring 33 goals, spearheading them to promotion back to League One last term.

James Justin- Leicester (reportedly £6m + add ons)

Article: Leicester City Football Club have agreed terms with Luton Town for the transfer of defender James Justin, subject to Premier League approval.

The 21-year-old has signed a five-year contract with the Foxes and becomes the Football Club’s first signing of the summer transfer window.

Justin joins Leicester City after a successful 2018/19 campaign at Luton Town, in which he featured 52 times in all competitions, scoring three goals and helping them secure promotion to the Championship, after a 12-year absence.

The right-back, who can also play on the left, was named in the League 1 team of the year last term and is considered one of the brightest young talents outside of the Premier League.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Justin said: “I’m over the moon. I feel like I’m ready for this moment. I hope to bring a lot of energy and commitment to the badge.

“The manager is great with the younger players and developing them through their careers. Everyone speaks very highly of him and I hope he can help me too.”

Born in Luton, Justin joined the Hatters in 2005 and progressed through the club’s youth system. He made his senior debut against Exeter in May 2016, and went on to feature for Luton 39 times in all competitions the following season.

The young defender scored his first goal for Luton in April 2017, in a 4-1 win over Accrington Stanley and was named Luton Town’s Young Player of the Season for 2016/17.

During the 2017/18 campaign, Justin made 22 appearances in all competitions for the Hatters, scoring twice and helping them to promotion from League 2.

Luton achieved a second successive promotion last term, after they won the League 1 title, in what was the defender’s most influential season to date. Justin featured for Graeme Jones’ side 52 times in all competitions, scoring three goals and again picking up the club’s Young Player of the Season award.

The young defender received his first call-up to the England Under-20s squad in August 2017 and made his debut against the Netherlands that same month.

He will link up with his new Leicester City team-mates on Monday as they begin preparations for the 2019/20 Premier League season.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  11. King Binny

Daniel Bentley - Bristol City (£2m)

Article:
    City have completed the signing of goalkeeper Daniel Bentley from Brentford for an undisclosed fee.

The shot-stopper will link up with his new Robins teammates from July 1st, having agreed a four-year deal.

Basildon-born Bentley, 25, signed for the Arsenal Academy as a child before making a name for himself at Southend United and he subsequently moved to Griffin Park in 2016.

Bristol City Chief Executive Officer Mark Ashton said: “Dan is a player we have been tracking for some time and we are delighted to have signed him. Understandably a lot of clubs were very keen on him but we were very determined to secure his services.

“Dan is very tuned in to the Bristol City philosophy and what we are trying to achieve here and our fans should be very excited about his arrival.”

Bentley won promotion with Southend in the 2014/15 season, helping them reach League One via a heroic penalty shootout performance at Wembley.

It was a season of accolades for the keeper who was awarded the Player of the Year, Players’ Player of the year, Community Player of the Year, PFA Team of the Year League Two awards. In February of that season he received the Football League Young Player of the Month and in 2018 he received the London Football Awards London Goalkeeper of the Year award.

Bentley becomes City’s fourth signing of the summer after the arrivals of Robbie Cundy, Jay Dasilva and Sammie Szmodics.

Antonio Valencia - Liga Deportiva Universitaria (free transfer)

Article:
    Antonio Valencia has called time on his 10-year Manchester United career by returning to Ecuador and signing for Liga Deportiva Universitaria.

The Ecuadorian outfit confirmed the 32-year-old's arrival on Friday afternoon by posting a video of Valencia getting used to his new surroundings.

In the social media video, a footballer can be seen walking into the team's dressing room, before looking at the Deportiva kit and putting it on.

12. King Binny

Aaron Wan-Bissaka - Man Utd (£45m + add ons up to £5m & 10% profit sell on fee)

Article:
    Manchester United is delighted to confirm the signing of Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace. Aaron has signed a five-year contract with an option to extend for a further year.

The 21-year-old defender came through the ranks of Crystal Palace’s academy. He made his professional debut in February 2018 and picked up both the fans’ player of the year award and also the players’ player of the year award in his first full season. Aaron represented England at this year’s UEFA European Under-21 Championship.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “Aaron is one of the best upcoming defenders in the Premier League. He has the right work ethic, talent and mentality to play for Manchester United and he fits exactly the type of player that we are looking to bring into the squad to help us improve and push on further.

“Aaron is a young, hungry player and eager to learn and that’s important at his age. I am delighted he has signed with us and we look forward to continuing his tremendous development so far.”

Aaron Wan-Bissaka said: “It’s an unbelievable feeling and an honour to call myself a Manchester United player and something I know that only a small number of players have the privilege to say.

“I can’t wait to get going and integrated into the squad. I will have a short break now after the European Championships but I’m looking forward to starting training with the manager and my new team-mates on the pre-season tour.”

Luca Connell - Celtic (compensation)

Article:
    CELTIC are delighted to announce the signing of highly-rated Republic of Ireland youngster, Luca Connell, who joins the club on a four-year deal.

The versatile 18-year-old midfielder joins the Scottish Champions after progressing through Bolton Wanderers’ youth ranks before breaking into the senior side during the second half of last season.

Connell, who was born in Liverpool but is eligible to play for Ireland through his grandparents, put pen to paper at Celtic Park before flying out to join his new team-mates at their pre-season training camp in Austria.

13. King Binny

14. King Binny

Ozan Kabak - Schalke (€15m)

Article:
    FC Schalke 04 have signed 2018/19 Bundesliga Rookie of the Season Ozan Kabak from VfB Stuttgart.

“We are delighted to secured the signing of one of the current biggest young talents in Europe. Despite interest from several other noteworthy clubs, Ozan Kabak has opted to join us,” said delighted Royal Blues head of sport Jochen Schneider. “Head coach David Wagner and technical director Michael Reschke deserve a lot of credit in convincing Ozan that joining FC Schalke 04 was the right step for him to take.”

The 19-year-old Turkish centre-back joined VfB Stuttgart in January from Galatasaray SK and went on to make 15 Bundesliga appearances in this season’s Rückrunde. Kabak also scored three goals for Stuttgart. He joined Galatasaray’s youth setup at the age of eleven before progressing through to the Istanbul club’s first team.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  15. King Binny

Timothy Weah - Lille (€10m)

16. King Binny

Marco Sala - Sassuolo €5m
    Andrea Pinamonti - Geona (loan with obligation to buy at €18m)

Article: FC Internazionale Milano can confirm that U.S Sassuolo have completed a deal to sign Marco Sala. The Nerazzurri defender, born in 1999, secured two Scudetti titles with the Primavera, (2016-17 and 2017-18), as well as one Supercup (2017-18) and the 2018 Viareggio Cup.

Article: FC Internazionale Milano can confirm that Genoa CFC have signed Andrea Pinamonti on loan with an obligation to buy. The attacker, born in 1999, joined the Nerazzurri’s Elite Academy back in 2013 and has since won two league titles (2016-17 and 2017-18) with the Primavera, as well as one Viareggio Cup (2018) and the Coppa Italia (2018).

During the 2016-17 campaign, aged just 17, Pinamonti made his First Team debut during a European encounter, followed soon after by his first appearances in Serie A. He’s since made 30 top-tier appearances and scored five goals – the latter all for Frosinone last season.

Diego Godin - Inter Milan (free transfer)

Article: FC Internazionale Milano announces that a contract has been agreed with Diego Godin that will run until 30 June 2022.

You need heritage to compete. Diego Roberto Godin Leal knows his history and he’s written plenty of it. He started in Rosario, Uruguay where he was born on 16 February 1986. Standing at 186cm tall, he’s reached the heights of European football in more ways than one.

Godin played youth football in Montevideo, starting out at Defensor Sporting. That was followed by three seasons at Cerro, still in the capital. He joined Nacional in the 2006-7 season before heading to Europe and Villarreal. In 2010, he signed for Atletico Madrid.

On the pitch, he always look to rise highest and be the first to aerial balls. In Madrid, Godin became a key player for the Colchoneros’ defence and an icon for all the supporters. A leader and a role model. He won La Liga once (2013-14) and it was Godin’s goal on the final day against Barcelona that secured the title. He also won one Copa del Rey, one Spanish Supercup, three European Supercups and two Europa League titles.

With Uruguay, he is still writing history for the Celeste. So far, Godin has made 131 international appearances and scored eight goals. In 2011, he won the Copa America with his country.

Diego Godin is known to all as the ‘jefe de la defensa’. Now, his ability, experience and that famous ‘garra’ will be at the service of the Nerazzurri. Best of luck for this new adventure at Inter, #WelcomeDiego!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  17. King Binny

Marko Grujic - Hertha BSC (loan for £2m)

Article:
    Marko Grujic will remain with Hertha BSC on loan for the 2019-20 season, Liverpool can confirm.

The 23-year-old midfielder has extended his temporary spell with the Bundesliga club for a second campaign following an excellent maiden term in Germany.

Grujic made 23 appearances for Hertha last season, scoring five goals, and was described as ‘by far the best midfielder I’ve seen in my time [22 years] at the club’ by the team’s coach at the time.

The Serbia international originally joined Liverpool from Red Star Belgrade in January 2016, returning back to them immediately on loan, and has played 14 games for the Reds to date.

Grujic also had a successful stint at Cardiff City in 2018.

Che Adams - Southampton (£15m)

Article: Southampton Football Club is delighted to announce it has reached an agreement to sign exciting young forward Che Adams, from Birmingham City.

Saints have seen off competition from a number of Premier League suitors to land the striker, who registered 22 goals and six assists in 48 appearances last season.

The 22-year-old, who was shortlisted for the Championship Player of the Year and named in the Team of the Season at the EFL Awards, has agreed a five-year contract at St Mary’s.

Adams burst on to the scene at Sheffield United, making his professional debut against Saints in the Capital One Cup as an 18-year-old back in 2014, before scoring twice in the semi-finals against Tottenham.

He swapped Bramall Lane for St Andrew’s in 2016, scoring 38 goals in 123 appearances for Birmingham, including two hat-tricks last season.

Adams becomes Ralph Hasenhüttl’s second summer signing, following in the footsteps of Mali international winger Moussa Djenepo – another young, pacey attacker set to test himself in the Premier League for the first time.

Saints boss Hasenhüttl said: “Che fits the profile of player we want to bring to Southampton and is very driven to show what he can do at the highest level.

“We have been monitoring his progress for some time now. He has shown a desire to join us above all other clubs, which shows the positive reputation Southampton has built for developing young players.

“I am delighted to have signed Che and Moussa ahead of the start of pre-season. They are both young, dynamic players with the level of enthusiasm and hunger we are looking for that can help us improve as a team.”

Adams commented: “I’m delighted. There was interest in January, when it didn’t quite happen, but I’m happy now that it’s all gone through.

“You can see with the track history – the amount of young players they’re playing, the gaffer’s belief in the young players, the squad in itself – where the club is going to be. I want to be part of that.”

Matt Targett - Aston Villa (£15m)

Article: Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Matt Targett from Southampton for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old left back will join up with Dean Smith’s squad for the forthcoming Premier League season having made 21 appearances for Saints in all competitions last term.

A graduate of the Academy system at St Mary’s, Targett made his debut in August 2014 and went on to make 63 appearances and has also represented England at U21 level.

Head Coach Dean Smith said: "We're very pleased to have Matt join us. He's a player we have been looking at for a considerable amount of time.

"He fits our criteria of being a young player with experience of playing in the Premier League and having the potential to develop further. He will help make us a stronger defensive unit and we are all looking forward to working with him."

18. King Binny

Mateu Morey - Dortmund (free transfer)

Article: Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund have signed 19-year-old Spanish youth player Mateu Morey ahead of the 2019/20 season. The right-back, who joins from FC Barcelona, has signed a contract with the Black & Yellows which will run until 30 June 2024.

‘‘Mateu Morey is a top defensive talent from the Barcelona academy, who possesses exceptional technical quality. We see this transfer as one for the future and we are greatly looking forward to developing Mateu as part of our first-team squad,’’ states BVB Sporting Director Michael Zorc.

Morey, who is moving to BVB on a free transfer, has already picked up several major trophies at youth level: among others, the Mallorca-native won the European Championship with the U17 Spain national team as well as the 2016/17 UEFA Youth League with Barcelona.

‘‘Borussia Dortmund are a fantastic club, that place a lot of emphasis on youth. I’m confident that, with my individual qualities, I will have a lot to offer the club in the years to come,’’ says Mateu Morey, going on to add: ‘‘I want to integrate myself quickly, support my team and, above all, learn the language. Doing the latter will certainly make everything easier!’’

Kostas Manolas - Napoli (€36m)

Article:
    Napoli have officially purchased Roma defender Kostas Manolas for €34m plus a €2m signing-on fee, effectively activating his release clause.

The 28-year-old Greek international signed the paperwork this evening and will fly in for a medical next week, but the deal has been done and personal terms agreed.

Roma released a financial statement confirming the sale is worth €36m, the cost of his release clause.

It’s believed his five-year contract is worth €3.5m plus bonuses, taking it up to a total of €4.5m per season.

There is also a €2m signing-on fee, while Amadou Diawara will go to Roma soon for €18m plus €3m in add-ons.

Diawara is currently playing at the Africa Cup of Nations for Guinea, so his move won’t be completed until July.

The Manolas move had to be finalised today so that the Giallorossi could register his sale in the 2018-19 financial year.

Manolas had also been linked with Juventus, Milan and Arsenal, but will form a new and exciting centre-back partnership with Kalidou Koulibaly.

He effectively replaces Raul Albiol, who has agreed a transfer to Villarreal.

Roma bought Manolas from Olympiacos in the summer of 2014 for €15m and he leaves after 206 competitive games for the club, in which he scored eight goals – most famously the decisive header to knock Barcelona out of the Champions League quarter-final last season.

Leonardo Spinazzola - Roma (€29.5m)

Article: AS Roma are proud to confirm the signing of Leonardo Spinazzola on a permanent transfer.

The club has reached an agreement with Juventus for the Italy international defender, who joins the Giallorossi for a fee of €29.5 million.

Spinazzola, 26, has agreed a four-year contract with the club that will run until 30 June 2023.

“It’s a great feeling to be here,” Spinazzola said. “Since I was a child I have always had an affinity for Roma – in part because they’ve always played good football.

“The city is amazing and the fans are so passionate. I am happy to be part of this new project with the new coach.”

Spinazzola made his Serie A debut for Atalanta back in August 2014, going on to make 60 appearances across two spells for the Bergamo club.

Last season he rejoined Juventus, helping the club win both the Serie A title and the Italian Supercoppa - while he also made his Champions League debut during the last-16 victory over Atletico Madrid.

A full Italy international, Spinazzola has made seven appearances for the national team – making his debut in March 2017.

His last appearance for the Azzurri came in the 6-0 win over Liechtenstein earlier this year.

“We are happy to welcome Leonardo to AS Roma,” said Guido Fienga, the club’s chief executive.

“Leonardo is a young player that has already acquired a lot of valuable experience in Italian football. I am certain that he will settle in here very quickly and will fit in well with the style our new coach implements.”

Amadou Diawara - Roma (€18m plus add ons up to €3m)

Article: Roma are delighted to confirm the signing of midfielder Amadou Diawara on a permanent transfer.

Diawara, 21, joins the Giallorossi from Napoli for a fee of €21 million.

He has agreed a five-year contract with the club, that runs until 30 June 2024.

“We have been following Amadou for a while now,” said Guido Fienga, Roma’s chief executive.

“He is a player whose talent has been clear to those in Italy for a number of years. We are pleased to welcome him to Roma, with the confidence that he can become an important player for the club."

Diawara, a full Guinea international, spent the last three seasons with Napoli – where he made 74 appearances.

He made his Serie A debut for Bologna in 2015, going on to make 35 appearances for the club.

He is currently on international duty with his country, competing at the Africa Cup of Nations.

19. King Binny

Luca Pellegrini - Juventus (€22m)

Article: Luca Pellegrini is offficially a Juventus player!

The 20-year-old defender joins from AS Roma on a four-year deal, following a loan spell last season at Cagliari.

Here it the official statement:

AGREEMENTS WITH AS ROMA

Turin, 30 June 2019 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that these agreements have been finalized with A.S. Roma S.p.A.:

- definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Luca Pellegrini for a consideration of € 22 million payable in three financial years. Juventus and the player have signed a 4-year contract of employment until 30 June 2023;
    - definitive disposal of the registration rights of the player Leonardo Spinazzola for a consideration of € 29.5 million to be paid in three financial years. The economic effect is positive for about € 26.6 million.

The Italy U21 left-back becomes the Bianconeri's first signing ahead of the 2019/20 season. A powerful but techincal defender, Pellegrini is a player who can tirelessly command his flank for the full 90 minutes and beyond with consistency and quality.

Growing up in the youth academy of Roma, the young defender made his rise through the ranks going on to make his debut last season in Roma's 4-0 win over Frosinone in September, grabbing an assist from the bench. Less than a week later and Pellegrini then made his Champions League debut for the Giallorossi in their group game against Viktoria Plzen.

In January 2019, Pellegrini moved on loan to Cagliari where he spent the second half of the season. He made 12 appearances for the Sardinians, registering a further assist and rounding out his overall season stats with a 71% pass completion rate, 11 chances created and 63 duels won. He finished the season as the youngest defender to have made an assist in Serie A, as well the as second youngest defender to have played at least six matches in the league.

Jack Harrison - Leeds Utd (loan with option to buy)
    Ben White - Leeds Utd (loan)

Article: Leeds United are delighted to announce the signings of Jack Harrison and Ben White, who have both joined the club on season-long loan deals.

Highly rated central defender White joins the club from Premier League side Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 21-year-old has made two first team appearances for Brighton and has also had a number of loan stints away from the American Express Community Stadium.

During the 2017/18 season, White linked up with Newport County, going on to make a total of 51 appearances for the League Two side and came up against Leeds twice in cup competitions.

Back in January he joined League One outfit Peterborough United for a temporary spell and went on to make 16 outings for the London Road club, scoring one goal.

Winger Harrison rejoins Leeds from Premier League champions Manchester City, having spent last season on loan at Elland Road.

During the 2018/19 campaign, Harrison was a key part of Marcelo Bielsa’s side and came up with important goals, including a last minute equaliser away at Millwall in September, as well as the winning goal in a 1-0 victory over Sheffield Wednesday at Elland Road in April.

Harrison, who made his name in the MLS with New York City before joining Manchester City in 2018, made a total of 42 appearances in all competitions for the Whites last season, scoring four goals and providing a further four assists.

The club also has an option to make Harrison’s signing a permanent deal at the end of the 2019/20 season.

Both players will join up with Bielsa’s first team squad for training this morning.

Liam McCarron - Leeds Utd (undisclosed fee)

Article: Leeds United are pleased to announce the signing of Liam McCarron on a permanent transfer from Carlisle United.

The 18-year-old joins the Whites for an undisclosed fee and has penned a three-year deal at Elland Road.

McCarron came through the ranks at Carlisle and signed a first professional contract with the League Two side last September.

He then went on to make 20 appearances in all competitions for the Brunton Park outfit and Leeds have beaten off competition from a number of Premier League and Championship clubs to secure the signature of the highly rated youngster.

McCarron will initially link up with Carlos Corberan’s Under-23 side, with a view to joining the first team squad.

20. King Binny

Valentino Lazaro - Inter (€22m)

Article: Valentino Lazaro is now officially an Inter player. The Austrian joins the Nerazzurri from Hertha Berlin, signing a contract up until 30 June 2023.

Valentino is certainly not one to wait around, and at the age of 23, he already has huge ambitions for the future. Ever since he was a child, born and raised in Graz, he’s been full of life. Forever ringing his friends’ doorbells, running down the street and playing right up until there wasn’t enough light to see the ball. He boasts just one passion – football. He’s still inspired by his childhood heroes from the past, looking to imitate the skills of Brazilians from the Seleçao – whether that be dribbling, free-kicks or passing.

Valentino Lazaro initially came through the youth ranks at Salzburg, where he also made his debut in the Austrian league. He spent five seasons at the club, four of which included a successive streak of league titles and domestic cups. Lazaro knows how to win. He plays mostly on the right flank but is versatile and used to playing in different roles. Like many greats of the game, he developed at a young age by playing on the streets, giving him a great base in terms of skill and tactical selflessness. Those courtyards and tight spaces proved to be the perfect setting in helping him to grow as a player.

During two campaigns at Hertha Berlin, he got to know the Bundesliga and made 31 appearances last season, scoring three and assisting seven goals. Lazaro’s unpredictability also saw him become a part of the Austria set-up and he has 12 international caps and one goal. Now, he’s set to start at Inter with a real sense of enthusiasm. From all of the Nerazzurri family, #WelcomeValentino!

Danny Ings - Southampton (£18m plus add ons up to £2m + 20% sell on clause)

Article:
    Danny Ings has today officially completed his permanent switch from Liverpool, Southampton Football Club is delighted to confirm.

The striker arrived at St Mary’s last summer on an initial loan deal, with an agreement for a transfer at the end of the season, and Ings has now formally completed the move to his hometown club, signing a contract until 2022.

The 26-year-old scored eight times in his debut season for Saints last term, including a series of pivotal goals that earned the team a string of vital points in their Premier League campaign.

Ings, who reported back to Staplewood Campus for the first day of pre-season on Monday, was pleased to make the switch official and spoke of how excited he is at what lies ahead.

"It feels good,” he said. “Obviously, being here for a season already, I felt like it was very up and down for me personally, with a few niggles and small injuries, and that was off the back of not having a strong pre-season going into the season.

“Now I've signed permanently, I feel great. I've looked after myself over the summer and I'm just raring to go for the new season.

"Personally, it's a big season for me. I feel like it's my most exciting really.

“The last few years have been very up and down for me, but now I've looked after myself over this summer and I'm really looking forward to it and hopefully great things can come from it.”