• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kieran Trippier - Atletico Madrid (£21.7m)

[article]

Kieran Trippier (born Sep. 19, 1990 in Bury, England) is a new Red & White player. Atlético de Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement over the transfer of the full-back, who has signed a three-year contract.

With this signing, we add to our team a fantastic and experienced player who comes to us from the Champions League runners-up. A product of the Manchester City academy, which he joined at age nine, Trippier went on to join Barnsley and Burnley on loan, before signing for the Lancashire club in 2012. There, he made the Championship’s Team of the Year in the 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons, achieving promotion to the Premier League in 2014. In his first season in the top flight of English football, the full-back played every minute of every game with his team.

One year later, Trippier signed with Tottenham Hotspur and went on to play 114 matches over the next four seasons, scoring two goals and providing 24 assists. Last season, he was a key player in the side that reached the Champions League final.

His performances at the London club earned him the right-back spot in the England national team. He made his international debut in 2017 against France, and since then has played 16 games and scored one goal. Trippier was England’s starting right-back in the 2018 World Cup, during which he was a constant threat thanks to his set pieces. Gareth Southgate’s side went on to score nine set piece goals during the tournament – the most ever in World Cup history – and Trippier was chosen to be in FIFA’s Best XI for the competition.

The Englishman is a versatile full-back who can also play in midfield and has a fantastic right foot.

Because of all this, we welcome Trippier to the Atleti Family and wish him the best of luck at his new home. Welcome, Kieran!
[/article]

Mario Hermoso - Atlético Madrid (€25m + add ons up to €4m)

[article]Atlético de Madrid and RCD Espanyol have reached an agreement over the transfer of Mario Hermoso. The defender has signed a five-year contract.

Mario Hermoso Canseco (Madrid, June 18, 1995) arrives from the Catalan club, where he played 59 games in the last two seasons (54 in LaLiga and five in the Copa del Rey). During his time at RCD Espanyol, the defender scored four goals and became one of his team’s key players.

The 24-year-old played most of last season as a centre-back, but his versatility allows him to also play as a full-back. He’s very strong on the ball and in the air.

Hermoso completed one of the best seasons of his career so far, helping his former club qualify for the Europa League for the first time in 12 years. His strong performances also earned him his first cap for Spain, making his international debut against Bosnia and Herzegovina on Nov. 18, 2018. The defender arrived at RCD Espanyol from Valladolid in 2016, where he played 31 matches in the Segunda División.

We welcome an extraordinary player, who despite his youth, has experience and a promising future. He arrives to make our squad stronger and we wish him all the best in this beautiful new challenge at Atlético de Madrid.

Welcome, Mario![/article]

Josh Bowler - Hull (loan)

[article]HULL CITY ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT YOUNG EVERTON MIDFIELDER JOSH BOWLER HAS JOINED THE TIGERS ON A SEASON-LONG LOAN DEAL.

The highly-rated 20-year-old completed the formalities of the move earlier today and is an exciting new addition to Grant McCann’s squad.

Bowler, who operates mainly as a right-winger, has spent the last couple of seasons playing for Everton’s U23s having signed for the Goodison Park club in 2017, and was a key figure in the Toffees’ side that won the Premier League 2 title and Premier League Cup in 2018/19.

He has also already had a brief taste of Championship football after coming through the youth system at Queens Park Rangers to make his first team debut on the final day of the 2016/17 campaign.

Speaking after putting pen-to-paper to complete his loan switch to the KCOM Stadium, Bowler said: “I’m very excited to be here because’s it’s a massive club.

“As soon as I heard of Hull’s interest, I wanted to get the move through. It’s taken a bit of time but I’m just thankful to be here now and raring to go ahead of the forthcoming season.”[/article]

Ryan Tafazolli - Hull (free transfer)

[article]HULL CITY HAVE COMPLETED THE SIGNING OF RYAN TAFAZOLLI ON A TWO-YEAR DEALWITH THE CLUB HOLDING AN OPTION FOR A FURTHER YEAR – AFTER THE DEFENDER ENJOYED A SUCCESSFUL TRIAL PERIOD AT THE KCOM STADIUM.

The Tigers brought Tafazolli in to train with the squad earlier this month following the expiry of his contract at Peterborough United and the 27-year-old impressed during pre-season fixtures against Leyton Orient and Lincoln Red Imps, scoring the winner in the latter.

Tafazolli has worked his way back up the football pyramid since being released by Southampton as a youngster. Short spells with Concord Rangers and Cambridge City preceded a move to then National League side Mansfield Town in 2012 and, after more than a century of appearances for the Stags, he joined League One side Peterborough United in 2016 who were managed by current Tigers Head Coach Grant McCann at the time.

Another 131 senior games were banked, leading to a move to the KCOM Stadium with Tafazolli pleased to have become a Tiger.

“I’m delighted to have signed for the club – it’s a fantastic opportunity and one which I’m determined to grab with both hands,” he said.

“I’ve enjoyed my time here so far and it was a great experience to be with the squad for a week or so over in Marbella.

“To finally sign and have my future sorted is a fantastic feeling. My only focus now is to work harder than I’ve ever worked before and give my all for Hull City.”
[/article]

Last edited:
Daishawn Redan - Hertha Berlin (£5m)

Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus (£67.5m)

[article]Juventus Football Club announces the official signing of Matthijs de Ligt from AFC Ajax, having penned in contact with the Italian champions until 2024.

Here is the official statement:

AGREEMENT WITH AJAX FOR THE DEFINITIVE ACQUISITION OF THE PLAYER MATTHIJS DE LIGT

Turin, 18 July 2019 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax NV for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Matthijs de Ligt has been reached for a consideration of € 75 million, payable in five financial years, and additional costs of € 10,5 million.

Juventus and the player have signed a 5-year contract of employment until 30 June 2024.

It's the news all Bianconeri fans have been waiting to hear all summer: Matthijs de Ligt is officially a Juventus player!

Born in Liederdorp, Netherlands on 12 August 1999, de Ligt joined Ajax’s iconic youth academy at the age of nine. Throughout his years in the academy, he showed tremendous potential and was soon granted his first team debut in September 2017 in a cup game against Willem II.

He immediately made his mark when he scored off a corner to become the second youngest goalscorer at the club after Clarence Seedorf. A month later, he was promoted to the senior squad where he quickly established himself as a natural talent, featuring on 11 occasions in his debut campaign. De Ligt then broke another record, when he became the youngest player ever (17 years and 285 days old) to play in a major European final: the Europa League final against Manchester United on 24 May 2017.

In March 2018, following an injury to Joel Veltman, De Ligt was handed the captain’s armband at the club, making him the youngster ever player to pull on the armband for de Godenzonen. In that campaign, he started in all 31 league matches, and featured for Ajax on 37 occasions across all competitions, scoring three goals in the process. His ability to make clean tackles (he recovered the third most balls – 73 – in the 2018/19 Champions League campaign), his strength, speed and accuracy, were all key factors in him receiving the Golden Boy Award in 2018, along with his leadership skills, which saw him garner much respect from his fellow teammates and colleagues.

Sturdy on the ground and lethal in the air, de Ligt boasts a winning combination that is necessary in that of being a modern defender. His aerial strength is not only useful when it comes to clearing chances away in the box, but one that makes him a threat to the opposition. In fact, only Cristiano Ronaldo (four) scored more headed goals than the 29-year-old in the 2018/19 Champions League campaign, while he is also the youngest defender to have ever scored in the competition.

On the international stage, de Ligt made his debut for the Dutch national team against Bulgaria (2-0 away defeat) in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification match, despite only having made two starts for Ajax at the time. Since then, he has gone on to represent his country on 17 occasions, scoring two goals.

The centre-back will become the fifth player from the Netherlands to pull on the Juventus jersey, following Ouasim Bouy, Eljero Elia, Edwin van der Sar, and of course, the iconic Edgar Davids.

De Ligt is Bianconero. Welkom, Matthijs![/article]

Last edited:
Shaw and Sanches in the top 10 most expensive teenage transfer list........ A Aecent lesson for scouting departments present and future

I know martial hasn't necessarily met the hype but that feels circumstantial

Kieran Trippier - Atletico Madrid (£21.7m)

[article]

Kieran Trippier (born Sep. 19, 1990 in Bury, England) is a new Red & White player. Atlético de Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement over the transfer of the full-back, who has signed a three-year contract.

With this signing, we add to our team a fantastic and experienced player who comes to us from the Champions League runners-up. A product of the Manchester City academy, which he joined at age nine, Trippier went on to join Barnsley and Burnley on loan, before signing for the Lancashire club in 2012. There, he made the Championship’s Team of the Year in the 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons, achieving promotion to the Premier League in 2014. In his first season in the top flight of English football, the full-back played every minute of every game with his team.

One year later, Trippier signed with Tottenham Hotspur and went on to play 114 matches over the next four seasons, scoring two goals and providing 24 assists. Last season, he was a key player in the side that reached the Champions League final.

His performances at the London club earned him the right-back spot in the England national team. He made his international debut in 2017 against France, and since then has played 16 games and scored one goal. Trippier was England’s starting right-back in the 2018 World Cup, during which he was a constant threat thanks to his set pieces. Gareth Southgate’s side went on to score nine set piece goals during the tournament – the most ever in World Cup history – and Trippier was chosen to be in FIFA’s Best XI for the competition.

The Englishman is a versatile full-back who can also play in midfield and has a fantastic right foot.

Because of all this, we welcome Trippier to the Atleti Family and wish him the best of luck at his new home. Welcome, Kieran!
[/article]

Tottenham Hotspur defender Kieran Tripper ended his rather mistake-filled final season with one last error as he left for Atletico Madrid. He accidentally directed his message of thanks to the NBA team San Antonio Spurs instead.

Tottenham Hotspur defender Kieran Tripper ended his rather mistake-filled final season with one last error as he left for Atletico Madrid. He accidentally directed his message of thanks to the NBA team San Antonio Spurs instead.

At least this sentence is mistake-free... oh wait.

Jean Michael Seri - Galatasaray (loan for €1.5m with option to buy at €18m)

Superb talent, but there were quite a few warning signs about him, which is why most big clubs, even United, have stayed away. Fulham bit and paid the price – they bought for £25M and selling at a loss.

Superb talent, but there were quite a few warning signs about him, which is why most big clubs, even United, have stayed away. Fulham bit and paid the price – they bought for £25M and selling at a loss.

Just realized he's 28. Thought he's much younger. Guess that's his last 'big' move then.

Salomon Rondon - Dalian Yifang (£16.5m)

[article]Salomon Rondon has today joined Chinese Super League side Dalian Yifang for an undisclosed fee.

The Venezuela international will be teaming up with Rafa Benitez, who led Newcastle United during his loan spell at St James’ Park last season.

Rondon arrived at The Hawthorns in the summer of 2015 and made 120 appearances for the Baggies, scoring 28 goals.

The Club wishes Salomon and his family all the very best in the future.[/article]

Kenneth Zohore - West Brom (£8m)

[article]
Albion have today signed Kenneth Zohore from Cardiff City for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old striker will follow in the footsteps of some of the Baggies’ all-time greats by wearing the No.9 shirt at The Hawthorns.

The Dane has penned a four-year contract after jetting in from Cardiff’s pre-season training trip to the United States of America.

Head Coach Slaven Bilić is delighted to have added the 6ft 2in striker to his ranks.

"He is a player who has got more than a bit of everything, he's strong, he has pace, he has good skill," said the Croatian.

"He knows the league, he knows the country, he's already got good experience but he's still got room to improve. He's not the finished article.

"I hope he's going to be a very good player for us."

[/article]

A typo in a Popbitch article doesn't make Kerian Tipprier less of a mug tho, does it?
? My post was regarding Seri

Lys Mousset - Sheff Utd (£10m)

[article]For the third time this summer, the Blades have smashed the club's transfer record.

French striker Lys Mousset has signed a three-deal with the Blades after an undisclosed fee with AFC Bournemouth was reached for his services.

He follows Luke Freeman and Callum Robinson in breaking United's transfer record and becomes United's fifth signing of the close season with Phil Jagielka and Ravel Morrison already part of Chris Wilder's plans.

Of the latest recruit, boss Wilder comments: "Lys is big, quick and a different type of threat at the top of the pitch to what we already have.

"I think he will prove to be a great fit for us and the fact that he selected us above other options shows he's hungry to do well. It is a fantastic bit of business for us in the current market and we are looking forward to him joining up with the squad."

Born in Montvilliers, in the Normandy region of France, Mousset began his career at Le Havre, joining their academy in 2006 after playing locally.

He then graduated to Le Havre II where he impressed scoring 14 goals in 57 appearances, before progressing into the first team at Stade Oceane, where he went on to net 14 times in 34 outings.

In June 2016, the French U21 international joined Bournemouth for a fee in excess of £7 million and scored his first goal for the Cherries in the FA Cup against Wigan Athletic in January 2018 and has since made over 50 appearances on the south coast.[/article]

Semi Ajayi - West Brom (£1.5m)

[article]
Albion have today completed the signing of Semi Ajayi from Rotherham United for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old became the third recruit of the summer window after he agreed a four-year contract with the Baggies.

Measuring in at an imposing 6ft 5in, Semi followed 6ft 2in Kenneth Zohore into the building to certainly add even more height to Albion’s numbers.

The Croatian midfielder, Filip Krovinović, is the other addition to the squad so far as Albion continue a summer rebuild under new Head Coach Slaven Bilić.

Semi caught the eye in both games against the Baggies last season, a campaign which saw him achieve his best goals tally with eight in all competitions.

At home either in defence or as a defensive midfielder, Semi has grabbed the No.6 shirt for the forthcoming Sky Bet Championship campaign.

“It’s a great opportunity for me,” he said. “I want to play at the highest level and I have joined a club with the ambition to get there.

“I want to play my part in helping the team get promoted because that is definitely the target.”
[/article]

Anthony Knockaert (loan with option to buy)

[article]
The Club is absolutely delighted to confirm that Anthony Knockaert has joined on a season-long loan from Brighton & Hove Albion, with a view to a permanent transfer.

The 2017 Championship Player of the Year arrives in SW6 with an abundance of pedigree in both England’s second tier and the Premier League.

A tricky winger, Knockaert boasts a prolific record of 33 goals and 29 assists in just three-and-a-half Championship campaigns.

Speaking to fulhamfctv after putting pen to paper, Knockaert said:

“It feels amazing to be here. I feel really welcome already. It just feels great to get this done and for me to be a Fulham player.

“I can’t wait to get started and obviously help the Club achieve it’s goal.

“The goal is to get back to the Premier League where Fulham belongs. I have come here with the clear intention to get promoted and I want to help in any way that I can.”

On his latest addition, Tony Khan added: “Anthony Knockaert is a valuable addition to Fulham Football Club. Anthony's a talented and accomplished attacking player who will strengthen our team, and his past contribution to successes in the Championship will bring important experience to our squad as we pursue another Fulham promotion to the Premier League.

“Anthony's been one of our top targets for the past several years, and I'm thrilled that he's come to Fulham to play for our great supporters at Craven Cottage! Come on Fulham!”

Frenchman Knockaert first arrived on these shores in the summer of 2012 when he joined Leicester City as a 20-year-old. He scored nine goals in his maiden campaign, the most important of which came on the final day when his dramatic late winner at Nottingham Forest saw the Foxes jump from eighth into the last remaining Play-Off spot.

They lost to Watford in the Semi-Finals in one of the most enthralling ties in recent memory, but bounced back in emphatic style to claim the Championship title with 102 points a year later, with Knockaert featuring in 42 of their 46 league matches.

After a year in the Premier League – in which he helped Leicester secure their top flight status - Knockaert joined Standard Liège on a permanent deal. He was only in Belgium for six months, though, as his five goals and six assists in just 19 starts prompted Brighton to bring him back to the UK.

He carried that form on in the Championship, with his 12 goal involvements (five goals, seven assists) in the second half of the season helping the Seagulls to a third place finish, with goal difference alone denying them an automatic promotion place.

In a sense of déjà vu for Knockaert, the Play-Offs again ended in disappointment, but there were no signs of a hangover the following campaign as Brighton finished second in the standings.

That was arguably the best season of his career so far, as he netted 15 times and laid on nine assists in his 45 league outings. He was also subsequently named in the Team of the Year, and won the Championship Player of the Season trophy.

Knockaert continued to be a regular for Brighton in the Premier League, amassing 63 appearances across the past two seasons, and won the Premier League’s Goal of the Month award as recently as March for his stunning effort against rivals Crystal Palace.

The arrival of the 27-year-old adds an extra dimension to Fulham’s forward line - which has already been boosted by the signing of Ivan Cavaleiro and Aleksandar Mitrović’s new contract – with Knockaert’s career stats making for impressive reading, with 68 goals and 59 assists for his various clubs.
[/article]

Last edited:
Ethan Ampadu - RB Leipzig (loan)

[article]
Ethan Ampadu has today joined RB Leipzig on loan for the 2019/20 season.

It will be the versatile 18-year-old’s first loan since joining from Exeter City two years ago.

He became our eighth youngest debutant of all time when he played a Carabao Cup game that September
and the midfielder/central defender has been part of the Chelsea squad ever since. He also became a full Wales international shortly after his Blues debut, but last season was cut short by a back problem which caused him to withdraw from an international call-up and then miss club action from our Europa League win against Malmo in February onwards.

Although Ampadu recovered sufficiently to make the trip to Baku for the final, he was not involved in the match but subsequently played two European Championship qualifiers for Wales last month. Now he has the chance to develop by playing top-level football in the Bundesliga and Champions League this coming campaign. Leipzig finished third in the German top-flight last season behind Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.

In his two years at Chelsea so far he has made 12 appearances, seven of them starts. Last season he featured in three of our Europa League games and in September 2018 he signed a new five-year Chelsea contract.

After Frank Lampard’s arrival in Japan for our continuing pre-season preparations, our new head coach had this to say about loaning out Ampadu:

‘I tried to sign Ethan on loan at Derby last year so I’m a big fan, but with the minutes he played last year, in the interest of Ethan and of Chelsea, the idea he can play a lot of games somewhere could be good for him.

‘I really wanted to work with Ethan this year. That’s a slight disappointment, but it’s to benefit of him. In midfield and defence we have a lot of quality, so each player is a case by case.’

[/article]

Nabil Fekir - Real Betis (€19.75m plus add ons up to €10m + 20% sell-on fee)

[article]
Real Betis Balompié and Olympique Lyonnais have reached an agreement for the transfer of midfielder Nabil Fekir. The French international has signed a contract until 2023 with the Green and White club. In this way, Fekir becomes the fourth team signing for the season 2019/2020.

Nabil Fekir (Lyon, France, 18th of July 1993) began his career as a footballer in the academy at Olympique Lyonnais. He made his debut with the first team on the 28th of August of 2013.

Fekir has been capped with France U21 and senior team. With the senior team, Fekir has won 21 caps. He was part of the team that won the Russia 2018 World Cup.

In total, the new Real Betis player has played 193 games in top-flight football, scoring 69 goals and 46 assists.

With the arrival of Fekir, Real Betis acquire creativity, great technique, shooting ability and attacking edge.
[/article]

Jordan Veretout - Roma (loan for €1m with obligation to buy at €16m plus add ons)

[article]
AS Roma are delighted to confirm the signing of midfielder Jordan Veretout.

Veretout, 26, joins the club from Fiorentina on an initial one-year loan deal, for a fixed fee of €1 million.

As part of that agreement, the Giallorossi must subsequently make the transfer permanent for a sum of €16m.

The complete agreement includes a number of performance-related clauses, based on the potential achievements of both the player and the club. If all are met, these add-ons are worth a maximum of €2m.

The player, meanwhile, has agreed a contract with the Giallorossi that runs until 30 June 2024.

“I am very happy to play for this great club, with so many great players,” Veretout said.

“I am looking forward to sharing a great new phase of my career with some fantastic teammates.”

The versatile midfielder spent the past two seasons in Florence with La Viola. In total he made 75 appearances for the club, scoring 15 goals.

A product of the youth system at French side Nantes, Veretout has previously also played in the Premier League for Aston Villa and for Saint-Etienne – where he also tasted Europa League football for the first time.

“I am really pleased to be able to bring Jordan to the club,” said Gianluca Petrachi, the club’s sporting director.

“From the very start of negotiations I recognised his eagerness to come here and wear the club’s colours. I am certain that his desire and technical qualities will prove a vital part of the side we are building.”

Veretout has represented France at various youth levels during his career. He was a member of the team that won the Under-20 World Cup in 2013.
[/article]

Darnell Furlong - West Brom (reportedly £1.5m)

[article]
Albion have completed their fourth summer signing with the capture of defender Darnell Furlong from QPR.

The right-back, 23, arrives for an undisclosed fee and has signed a four-year deal at The Hawthorns having passed his medical.

Furlong follows in the footsteps of Filip Krovinović, Kenneth Zohore and Semi Ajayi in joining Slaven Bilić's Baggies squad.

Furlong came through the ranks at QPR, signing his first professional contract with the Loftus Road side in March 2014 before making his Premier League debut just under a year later aged 19.

The Luton-born full-back, who is the son of former QPR, Birmingham City and Chelsea striker Paul Furlong, has made a total of 72 appearances for the R's, scoring twice, as well as enjoying loan spells with Northampton Town, Cambridge United and Swindon Town.
[/article]

Christian Walton - Blackburn Rovers (loan)

[article]Rovers are delighted to announce the signing of goalkeeper Christian Walton from Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 23-year-old arrives at Ewood Park on a season-long loan and becomes Rovers' fourth signing of the summer.

After progressing through Plymouth Argyle's youth system, Walton joined Brighton in February 2013 at the age of 17.

He made his senior Seagulls debut in a League Cup tie against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane in October 2014, before starting back-to-back Championship games at home to Wigan Athletic and Rovers a month later.

Following short loan spells with Bury and then Plymouth during the 2015-16 season, the young keeper spent the first half of the 2016-17 campaign on loan at League Two side Luton Town, starting 33 games, before being recalled by Brighton at the end of January.

Walton then ended the season on loan at Southend United in League One, making a further seven starts.

The towering stopper, who stands at 6ft 5in tall, has spent the past two seasons with Wigan Athletic, helping them secure promotion back to the second tier.

He kept 19 clean sheets in 31 league appearances during the 2017-18 season, as the Latics pipped Rovers to the League One title, whilst also keeping a shut-out in the 1-0 victory over Manchester City in the FA Cup.

Walton returned to the DW Stadium for a second loan spell last season, starting 34 league games and playing a prominent role in Wigan securing their Championship status.

The talented shot-stopper has also earned international honours with England, represented the Three Lions at Under-19, Under-20 and Under-21 level.

The new signing is expected to be part of the Rovers squad that travels to Bury for a pre-season friendly tomorrow night.

Welcome, Walton![/article]

Joelinton - Newcastle (£40m)

[article]
Newcastle United have completed the permanent signing of forward Joelinton from TSG 1899 Hoffenheim for an undisclosed club record fee.

The 22-year-old becomes the Magpies’ first signing of the summer, putting pen to paper on a six-year deal which will keep him at St. James’ Park until the summer of 2025.

The Brazilian frontman will wear the coveted number nine shirt for United, and could make his bow for the club in Saturday’s pre-season friendly at Preston North End.

Joelinton began his career at Sport Recife in his homeland, making his first team debut at the age of 16 and netting three times in 12 outings before his move to the Bundesliga in June 2015.

A year after joining Hoffenheim, he joined Rapid Wien on loan for two seasons, where he went on to net 21 goals in 79 appearances during a productive spell in the Austrian capital.

On his return to the PreZero Arena, Joelinton established himself in the German side’s attack, where his 11 goals in 35 games – including one in the Champions League, against Lyon – helped Hoffenheim secure a ninth-placed finish last term.

“I’m really happy to be here,” said Joelinton. “I know it’s a large investment that the club has made in me, and that comes with a huge responsibility.

“I’m highly motivated and hope to give back on the pitch.”

Head coach Steve Bruce added: “The kid’s got an exciting time ahead of him. He’s a smashing young player and we’re obviously delighted to get him. It’s been going on for a little bit now, so to get him is great for everybody.

“He’s got everything that a modern-day player wants. He’s big, strong and athletic, and of course he’s got age on his side too which is vitally important.

“He’s learned the history and wanted it (the number nine shirt), and that’s always a big shirt to fill. But in his eyes, it was ‘bring it on – it’s what I’m here for’. He’s risen to that challenge, and I’m sure he will be a big, big favourite of the supporters. He’s got an incredible work-rate about him, he’s got a really good humility about him, and all the attributes a top striker needs.”
[/article]

Xavi Simons - Paris St Germain (€130k)
[article]
Highly rated midfielder Xavi Simons has announced he is leaving Barcelona and will join Paris Saint-Germain after failing to reach an agreement with the Catalan club over a new contract.

PSG announced the signing of the 16-year-old on Tuesday to a deal through 2022. Barca will only receive €130,000 in development rights as the player's terms expired last month.

He becomes the latest in a long line of players who have decided to pursue their careers away from Barcelona in recent years. Mateu Morey and Sergio Gomez [Borussia Dortmund], Eric Garcia and Adrian Bernabe [Manchester City] and Robert Navarro [Monaco] are other recent examples.

"I leave a part of me in Barcelona and a part of Barcelona will always be with me," Simons wrote in a post on social media on Tuesday. "It's a complicated day for me because nobody likes to say goodbye.

"And less so when you need to say goodbye to the place that's been your home."

The Dutch youth international, whose father, Regillio, was also a professional footballer, joined Barca's academy as a seven-year-old.

He has gained a big following online as he has progressed through the age groups during the last few years -- he has 1.6 million followers on Instagram -- because of his distinctive hair and the fact he shares a name with ex-Barca midfielder Xavi Hernandez.

Barca offered Simons, who is represented by agent Mino Raiola, a new deal earlier this summer which would have seen him rotate between the under-19 A and B teams. However, they were unwilling to make any more assurances than that.

They also weren't willing to go the extra mile financially, despite bucking the trend earlier this year by offering midfielder Ilaix Moriba an unprecedented amount for 16-year-old within the club's academy.

Coaches working at La Masia told ESPN FC they considered Simons a "good player" but not one they would go of the out of the way to keep hold of. Another source said that "all of the top UK and German scouts have watched him a lot, because of his profile. None made an offer of any variety."

Simons' move to PSG will add more fire to the relationship between the Ligue 1 champions and Barca. Earlier this month ESPN FC exclusively revealed that the Catalans had beaten PSG to the signing of English forward Louie Barry.

Meanwhile, the two clubs continue to negotiate a possible Camp Nou return for Neymar. Barca have not yet made an offer but the Brazil international's entourage are confident they will put together a package to tempt PSG before the end of the transfer window.
[/article]

Vincent Janssen - Monterrey (£10m)

[article]
We have reached agreement with Mexican side C.F. Monterrey for the transfer of Vincent Janssen.

The Netherlands international striker joined us from AZ Alkmaar in the summer of 2016 and made 42 appearances, scoring six goals as well as spending time on loan at Fenerbahce.

We wish Vincent all the best for the future.
[/article]

Trezeguet - Aston Villa (£8.75m)

[article]
Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Mahmoud Hassan for an undisclosed fee, subject to a work visa and international clearance.

Known as Trezeguet, the winger moves to Villa Park from Turkish side, Kasimpasa.

The 24-year-old started his career with Al Ahly in Egypt before moving to Europe to sign for Anderlecht. He enjoyed a further loan stint with Mouscron in Belgium prior to a switch to Turkey.

A regular at international level for Egypt, he has just returned from the African Nations Cup where he made four appearances, scoring once.

Head Coach Dean Smith said: “We’re really excited to work with ‘Trez’. I’ve watched him a number of times.

“He’s the type of wide player that we have been looking for who is direct, causes problems for the opposition in the final third and scores goals.”
[/article]

Jake Clarke-Salter - Birmingham (loan)

[article]The Club beat off significant competition for the England Under-21s Captain.

Clarke-Salter spent last season on loan to Vitesse Arnhem, impressing just like fellow new Blues recruit Dan Crowley did in the Eredivisie.

The centre-half went to watch Blues in their pre-season friendly at Bristol Rovers on Saturday and that helped seal the deal for Pep Clotet.

Other Championship clubs were keen on his signature, but the 21-year-old decided on joining the revamped Blues.

The terms of the loan allow Clarke-Salter to appear for Blues in both the EFL and FA Cup.

From Carshalton, Clarke-Salter joined Chelsea's Academy at the age of nine and progressed through the ranks in impressive style.

He made his Premier League debut aged 18 in a 4-0 win at Aston Villa.

Clarke-Salter lifted two UEFA Youth League titles with Chelsea, three FA Youth Cups and was part of the England squad that triumphed at the Under-20 World Cup in South Korea in 2017.

He was loaned to Bristol Rovers in 2016/17 to gain competitive experience, where he suffered a fractured arm.

He appeared for Chelsea in the EFL Cup in September 2017 before heading out again on loan, to Sunderland, in January the following year.

Having held talks with Steven Gerrard at the Toulon Tournament about a move to Rangers, Clarke-Salter instead opted for Holland and Vitesse for the 2018/19 campaign.

He was honoured to be named England Under-21 skipper for the European Championship in Italy in June but the tournament didn't go as hoped for Aidy Boothroyd's side.

Among Clarke-Salter's qualities are the ability to read the game well, being comfortable and confident in bringing the ball out in possession and leadership, marshalling those around him defensively.

He has an excellent eye for, and can execute well, a long-range pass.

At 6ft 1in, Clarke-Salter can cope with the physical requirements needed of a centre-half and he ranked high in the Eredivisie for clearances.[/article]

Last edited:
Tom Dele-Bashiru - Watford (free transfer)

[article]
Watford Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Nigerian Under-20 international Tom Dele-Bashiru on a six-year deal after his contract expired at Manchester City.

The central midfielder made his senior debut for City in the Carabao Cup quarter-final against Leicester City in 2017/18, coming on for Phil Foden in the 91st minute.

He has also played extensively in the UEFA Youth League, Premier League 2, FA Youth Cup and the Checkatrade Trophy for the Citizen's youth sides.

The 19-year-old midfielder is Manchester-born, and has represented both England and Nigeria at youth level, scoring for the Super Eagles in the Under-20 World Cup against Qatar in May.

He joins as the Hornets' second first-team recruit this summer, after Craig Dawson moved to Watford from West Bromwich Albion.
[/article]

Marko Rog - Cagliari (loan iwth obligation to buy at €15m)
[article]
Cagliari have officially signed Marko Rog from Napoli, on loan with obligation to buy, for a reported €15m.

The transfer was announced this evening with a curious video, which depicted Rog as a character from Spanish series La casa de papel, re-released on Netflix in English as Money Heist.

Croatia international Rog has signed a contract with the Sardinians to June 2024.
[/article]

Last edited:
Eljif Elmas - Napoli (€16m plus add ons up to €1.5m)

[article]
Eljif Elmas has joined Serie A side Napoli from Fenerbahce, the Turkish club have announced.

The North Macedonia international has joined the Italian club for €16 million (£14m/$18m), with an additional €1.5m in performance-based bonuses.

Fenerbahce will also receive a maximum of €1.5m if Napoli decide to sell Elmas in the future.

The 19-year-old had been linked with the Serie A club throughout the transfer window, and he will now fill the midfield void left by Amadou Diawara's transfer to Roma, with Marko Rog's also heading to Cagliari.

"Eljif, who wears our uniform at a young age and who is proud of being a supporter of Fenerbahce, carries our coat of arms with his potential and loyalty to our colours. Wish you a future full of success," Fenerbahce said in a statement.

"We believe that our footballer will represent Fenerbahce and our country in the best way in his new team."

Elmas joined Fenerbahce from North Macedonian side Rabotnicki in 2017.

He scored four goals in 29 league appearances last season as Fenerbahce finished sixth in the Super Lig.

The midfielder rejected the opportunity to represent Turkey, and instead made his North Macedonia debut in a 2018 World Cup qualifier against Spain at the age of 17.

He scored his first goals for his country with a brace in a 3-1 Euro 2020 qualifying win over Latvia earlier this year.

The transfer was expected as Napoli had been chasing Elmas for some time, while the midfielder was left out of Fenerbahce's recent pre-season tour of Austria.

Napoli boss Carlo Ancelotti has already spent big this summer, bringing in Greek defender Kostas Manolas from Serie A rivals Roma for €36 million (‎£32m/$41m).
[/article]

Takashi Inui - Eibar (€2m)

[article]Eibar have completed the signing of Takashi Inui from Real Betis in a €2m deal, a year after he exited the Basque club.

Los Verdiblancos confirmed the exit of the player on Wednesday with El Desmarque subsequently reporting the transfer fee for the Japan international - who moved to the Seville-based club on a free transfer last season.

“Real Betis Balompié and SD Eibar have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Takashi Inui,” confirmed the Betis statement.

“The club appreciates the services provided by the Japanese midfielder in the season in which he has belonged to Real Betis and we wish you the best of luck in your future profession.”

After three impressive seasons with Eibar and a strong showing at last summer’s World Cup, the midfielder’s stock was high when joining the Andalusian club on a free transfer, but he only made 14 appearances across all competitions last season.

He subsequently joined Alaves on a loan deal until the end of the campaign but has now returned to Eibar permanently.[/article]

Andreas Skov Olsen - Bologna (€6m)

[article]
Bologna have officially signed winger Andreas Skov Olsen from Nordsjaelland for €6m.

Skov Olsen has put pen to paper on a five-year contract with Bologna and becomes their latest buy after the likes of Takehiro Tomiyasu, Jerdy Schouten and Stefano Denswil.

The 19-year-old caught the eye for Denmark at the European Under-21 Championship, posting a goal and an assist.

He is left-footed and netted 27 times in just 51 appearances for Nordsjaelland.
[/article]

Patrick Kluivert - Barcelona (Director of Youth Football)

[article]
Patrick Kluivert is returning to FC Barcelona after signing a contract on Thursday to become the new director of youth football until June 2021. The agreement was formalised at the club offices in the presence of the directors with responsibilities for youth football, Silvio Elías and Xavier Vilajoana.

The Dutchman, now 43 years of age, played for the club from 1998 to 2004, scoring 145 goals in 308 games, making him one the highest goalscorers of all time in a Barça jersey. A Liga winner in 1998/99, Kluivert has gone to work in several roles as a coach and technical secretary, most recently as assistant to his compatriot Clarence Seedorf at the helm of the Cameroon team that went to the African Cup of Nations.

"I am very happy to be back home and looking forward to this new era, with the challenge of keeping Barça among the top teams in the world” he said after putting pen to paper. “I grew up at the Ajax academy, which is very similar to La Masía, and I think I can do a lot for the development of young Barça players.”
[/article]

Ademola Lookman - RB Leipzig (£22.5m)

[article]
Ademola Lookman is back at RB Leipzig. The 21-year-old rejoins the club permanently from FC Everton after a loan spell in the 2017/18 season. Lookman has signed a 5-year contract until 2024 and will wear shirt number 17.

Lookman provided five goals and four assists in only eleven appearances in the second half of the 2017/18 season while on loan at Leipzig. After returning to Everton, the attacker made 21 appearances in the Premier League and three cup appearances, scoring three goals and assisting a further two.

The Englishman, who has Nigerian roots, has progressed through the three highest levels of the England youth set-up (U21, U20, U19).

Sporting director MARKUS KRÖSCHE:
“We’re very pleased that we’ve finally signed Ademola Lookman. It was a long process all in all, especially as we wanted to sign him last summer. Nevertheless, we remained determined and that paid off for us. Ademola convinced us immensely during his time on loan here and will now quickly re-integrate and further enhance our attacking play with his dynamic ability.”

new signing ADEMOLA LOOKMAN:
“I’m very happy to be back here and would like to pick up where I left off in the first half of 2018. I’m naturally looking forward to seeing my new teammates again and want to help the team celebrate even more success. I can finally play in the Red Bull Arena again, in front of an excellent crowd and set of fans. I’d also like to thank God, the fans and RB Leipzig that my transfer was made possible.”

Brief fact file:
Date of birth: 20th October 1997 in London (England)
Nationality: England
Preferred foot: Right
Height: 1.74m
Weight: 78kg
Position: Attack | Attacking midfield

Former clubs:
07/2018 until 08/2019: FC Everton
02/2018 until 06/2018: RB Leipzig (loan)
01/2017 until 01/2018: FC Everton
2014 until 2017: Charlton Athletic
2008 until 2014: Waterloo FC (Youth team)

stats:
Premier League: 36 Games | 1 Goal | 2 Assists
Championship: 24 Games | 5 Goals | 1 Assist
FA Cup: 6 Games | 3 Goals
Bundesliga: 11 Games | 5 Goals | 4 Assists
Europa League: 6 Games | 2 Goals
U21 National Team (England): 11 Games | 1 Goal
[/article]

Jordan Ayew - Crystal Palace (€3m)

[article]
Ghanaian striker Jordan Ayew has joined Palace from Swansea City on a three-year deal subject to international clearance, following the forward’s season-long loan spell with the south London club last season.

The 27-year-old, who made 20 appearances (including 14 starts) in the Premier League for Roy Hodgson’s side, returns to Palace off the back of an impressive Africa Cup of Nations tournament, where he notched two goals in Ghana’s four games in the competition – as well as a successful penalty in his side’s shoot-out defeat to Tunisia in the last round of 16.

Upon completing his transfer to Palace, Ayew revealed his excitement at being back in red and blue ahead of the 2019/20 season, which begins on August 10 with the Eagles’ Premier League opener with Everton. Ayew, who has exactly 100 Premier League appearances and 16 goals under his belt, said: "I am very happy [to have returned]. I really enjoyed myself last season.

"I enjoyed the stadium, the fans, the boys - they were really good to me - everything here was positive and that's why I decided to continue with Crystal Palace."

Manager Roy Hodgson said: "We are delighted to secure Jordan's services for another three seasons at Crystal Palace. He has proved himself as a dedicated and hard-working member of the squad, and certainly played his part in the club securing its highest ever Premier League points tally in the last campaign."
[/article]

Last edited:
Douglas Luiz - Aston Villa (reportedly £15m)

[article]Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Douglas Luiz subject to a work permit.

The Brazilian midfielder arrives from Manchester City for an undisclosed fee.

Luiz was named Player of the Tournament at this summer’s prestigious Toulon Tournament as he helped Brazil U21s win the competition.

Having come through the ranks at hometown club Vasco da Gama, Luiz was snapped up by City in 2017 although he never played a game for the reigning Premier League champions.

He spent the past two seasons on loan at Girona, racking up nearly 50 appearances for the Spanish side.

Head Coach Dean Smith said: “Douglas is an extremely talented young player with an outstanding pedigree who I am sure will fit nicely into our style and system of play.”
[/article]

Dani Ceballos - Arsenal (loan)

[article]Spanish midfielder Dani Ceballos is joining us on a season-long loan from Real Madrid.

The 22-year-old made 13 La Liga starts for Real Madrid last season.

Head coach Unai Emery said: “We’re excited to see Dani join us. He is a talented player with big technical ability, creativity and precision.”

Dani joined Sevilla's youth system in 2004 at the age of eight, and went on to play for his hometown club, CD Utrera, and completed his development in Real Betis, where he signed his first professional contract in February 2014, while still a junior.

In July 2017, Dani signed for Real Madrid on a six-year deal, making his competitive debut a month later.

The central midfielder is also a Spanish international and won his first cap in September 2018, scoring his first goal for his country two months later.

The highly-rated creator also took part in this summer's European Under-21 Championship, scoring two goals as Spain lifted the trophy.

Dani will be wearing the No 8 shirt and will be available to make his debut at the Emirates Cup this Sunday. Tickets are available here.

You can get your Ceballos 8 shirts right here.

The deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.[/article]

Timo Baumgartl - PSV (undisclosed fee)

[article]
After eight years at the club, Timo Baumgartl has left VfB Stuttgart and moved to Dutch Eredivisie side PSV Eindhoven. The 23-year-old joined the Cannstatt club in summer 2011 and enjoyed great success with the youth teams, winning the Under-17 Bundesliga in 2013. One and a half years later, on 8 November 2014, Baumgartl made his first-team debut in an away match at Werder Bremen. He went on to become a key figure in the team that won promotion back to the Bundesliga in 2017.

In total, Baumgartl made 86 top-flight appearances for VfB, as well as 29 in Bundesliga 2, six in the DFB Cup and 23 for the club’s U21 side in the third tier. His performances have also earned him international recognition and he was part of the Germany U21 squad that recently finished runners-up at the European Championship.

Sporting director Sven Mislintat: “Timo is a perfect example of how you can successfully make the step up from youth to first-team football at VfB. Because of the performances he’s produced for VfB, he deserved for us to speak openly and respectfully about his desire to move and his future career path. We’ve agreed to his request to move to PSV Eindhoven, thank him sincerely for his many years of service to VfB and wish him all the best in his personal and footballing future.”
[/article]

William Saliba - Arsenal (£27m)

[article]
Highly-rated French defender William Saliba is joining us from Ligue 1 club Saint-Etienne on a long-term contract.

The much sought after centre half will spend a season back on loan at Saint-Etienne before joining our squad next summer.

Head coach Unai Emery said: “We’re delighted William is joining us. Many teams wanted him but he decided he wanted to come to us and be part of our future. He will stay in France next season for more experience and then we look forward to him joining our group.”

William signed his first contract at the age of 17. He made his professional debut with Saint-Etienne in a 3–2 Ligue 1 win over Toulouse on September 25, 2018. His performances earned him a further 13 starts in Ligue 1 last season.

The 18-year-old is also a French youth international, having recently been called up to the his country's under-20 squad.

The deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.
[/article]

Leroy Fer - Feyenoord (free transfer)

[article]Former Swansea City captain Leroy Fer has joined Feyenoord on a one-year contract.

The 29-year-old midfielder was released by the Championship side in May 2019, ending a three-year stay after signing from Queen's Park Rangers.

The Netherlands international has been training with Feyenoord, having come through the Dutch Eredivisie side's youth system before joining FC Twente.

"My heart is here. I'm very happy to be back," Fer told the Feyenoord website.

"I feel stronger and fitter and I will do everything in my power to get back to my old level as soon as possible, in order to have a great season with Feyenoord."[/article]

Last edited:
Ben Osborn - Sheff Utd (reportedly £5m)

[article]
Summer signing number six is in the building... Ben Osborn is a Blade.

"We are delighted that he is a Sheffield United player," said boss Chris Wilder, who has swooped into the Championship for a third time for a signing following similar moves for Luke Freeman and Callum Robinson.

"He's been a fantastic player for Forest in the Championship and I know for certain that two or three clubs in January were sniffing around to take him. He's got a lot of attributes that will help us, going forward, and we're looking forward to him pulling on a red and white shirt.

"Ben is an intelligent footballer, he plays a number of positions and has got that attitude that he will slot in wherever. But he'll want to nail down a position and he's going to put enormous pressure on a few of our players who might think they're cemented into the team and that's how it's got to be, I've said all along, it raises everybody's standards. We are putting together a group that's got to be competitive in arguably the best division in the world.

"We're not getting flustered with people talking about where we are getting our players from, we're delighted with the work we've done, I'm really excited and seeing the players we've got in the building already, from Jags to the likes of Ravel (Morrison), Lys Mousset, Callum Robinson, Luke Freeman and now Ben Osborn."

Derby-born Osborn started his career with the Rams, before joining Forest's Academy at the age of nine. Deployed mainly as a left-back during his first season in the U18s, Osborn was voted the Reds Academy Player of the Year, earning himself a new contract in the process in April 2012.

Osborn was promoted to Forest's first team and made his debut in March 2014 against Ipswich Town.

Capped by England at various youth levels, Osborn has become one of the Championship most consistent performers in his position and offers versatility.

During his decade at the City Ground, Osborn has made over 200 appearances, scoring 15 goals.

Osborn signs a three year deal after an undisclosed fee was agreed with Nottingham Forest.
[/article]

Dean Henderson - Sheff Utd (loan)

[article]
The formalities of the deal to bring Dean Henderson back to be Bramall Lane have been completed - much to the delight of the goalkeeper and Chris Wilder.

The 22-year-old has signed a season-long loan deal with the Blades following discussions with his parent club, Manchester United.

As can be seen in the video above, Henderson is delighted to return after his exploits lastb season and boss Wilder is equally thrilled.

"Dean was always our number one target," said Wilder. "We've had to fight to get a good deal and that's part and parcel of our approach in the transfer market. All of us, from myself, to the coaching staff, to the player and the supporters want him playing for us in the Premier League and with a lot of hard work we've made that happen."

Prior to joining the Blades for the entirety of the 2018/19 season, Henderson had furthered his footballing development with successful loan spells at Shrewsbury Town and Grimsby Town.

Henderson was an ever-present between the sticks in United's promotion-winning campaign last season, making a number of crucial saves at key times.

The 22-year-old kept a total of 21 clean sheets last term, which saw him win the Sky Bet Championship Golden Glove award.

The fans' favourite firmly established himself as number one for England's U21s and started all three group games for Aidy Boothroyd's Young Lions in the European Championships earlier this summer.

He is the seventh summer signing, following Luke Freeman, Phil Jagielka, Callum Robinson, Ravel Morrison, Lys Mousset and Ben Osborn into Bramall Lane.

[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom